✾𝟮✾

"Tanjiro?" Kie called out for her son as Tanjiro wore the basket full of charcoal

"Tanjiro?" Kie called out for her son as Tanjiro wore the basket full of charcoal. "Your face is covered in soot, come over here," Kie said as she wiped her hands on her long fluffy sweater. Tanjiro went over to his mother as his mother kneeled in front of him and wiped the soot off his face. "It's dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go, you know" Kie said worriedly. 

"Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm going to sell as much charcoal as I can," Tanjiro said. Kie looked at Tanjiro with her soft rasin-colored eyes. "Thank you" she smiled. 

"Big Bro! You're going to town again today?" a voice called out excitedly as Tanjiro looked in the direction of where the voice came from. "I'm going with you!" Hanako exclaimed. "Oh no, you're not," Kie said. "You know you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro," Kie continued. "Mom!" Shigeru whined. "You may not," Kie said. "Since he can't use the cart today. He won't be able to give you a ride if you're tired" Kie finished. Shigeru pouted as he ran towards Tanjiro and hugged him. "Big bro!" 

"I'm coming with you, Tanji," a new voice appeared. "Y/n, dear, you can stay with us," Kie said kindly. "You don't need to come with Tanjiro," Kie said with a warm and fond expression. 

"Mrs. Kamado, I'll go down with Tanjiro-kun" Y/n said. "Oh alright," Kie closed her eyes as she sighed with a soft smile. Tanjiro smiled at Y/n as Y/n was about to go to Tanjiro when she felt a tug on her denim-colored haori with hexagon flowery designs on it. Y/n stopped in her tracks and looked at Hanako. "Y/n-chan.. please don't leave us," Hanako said with her taffy-colored eyes shining with glossy tears. Y/n turned around completely and knelt down to Hanako's level as she wiped her tears off. 

"It's alright Hanako, I'll be back before you know it" Y/n exclaimed. "I'll get you some candy from the village if you promise not to cry, how about that?" Y/n tilted her head. Tanjiro looked at y/n with soft eyes as a blush appeared on his cheeks. Y/n-chan is adorable with kids, Tanjiro thought as Kie looked at Tanjiro with a knowing look. Hanako wiped her tears quickly before she smiled brightly. "Okay!" Hanako smiled, feeling determined to get the candy. "I want some candy too!" Shigeru exclaimed. "I promise I won't cry forever!" Shigeru said confidently. Y/n just gave a small chuckle with a bright smile. "Y/n, you don't need to-" "Mrs. Kamado. It'd be my pleasure" Y/n looked at Kie with bright e/c eyes. 

"Y/n-chan, let's go. We'll get going now," Tanjiro smiled at his mother. "Takeo" Tanjiro called. "Will you chop as much wood as you can?" Tanjiro asked. "Sure, I'll do it but...I was hoping we could do it together" Takeo mumbled as he looked away. Y/n made her way towards Takeo and patted his head. "There there" Y/n smiled. Takeo turned into a brilliant shade of ruby. "You're blushing, Take!" Shigeru teased as he pointed a finger at Takeo. Tanjiro chuckling. "Hey, you shut up!" Takeo exclaimed. 

"There, there" Y/n chuckled, patting Takeo's head. Y/n seized her hands as Takeo went silent, his face still red. Hanako, Kie, Shigeru, and Tanjiro broke into fits of laughter as Y/n let out a small giggle, placing her hands in front of her mouth. 

"Hurry back, okay?" Shigeru exclaimed as Y/n and Tanjiro were walking away. "I promise I'll be a good girl!" Hanako exclaimed. Y/n smiled. "Be safe, okay?" Hanako called out. Tanjiro and Y/n waved at Kie, Hanako, Shigeru, and Takeo. 

"Big brother!" a feminine voice called. "Y/n!" Nezuko exclaimed as she walked towards Y/n with Rokuta on her back. "Y/n, how are you doing?" Nezuko asked. Y/n's eyes brightened, if that's possible, by looking at Nezuko. "Great! What about you, Nezuko-chan?" Y/n asked, tilting her head. "Good. Going down to sell some charcoal with Tanjiro again?" Nezuko raised her brows knowingly. Y/n nodded. "I was putting Rokuta down for a nap, or he'd make a scene when you leave," Nezuko said as she turned her attention to her brother. 

 "He misses Dad a lot after he passed away" Nezuko explained as she glanced at Rokuta, who was sleeping soundly. Tanjiro patted Rokuto on the head. "And everyone follows you wherever you go," Nezuko said as Tanjiro's eyes softened. Y/n smiling at Rokuta, then at Nezuko. "See you later, both of you! Please be safe!" Nezuko exclaimed as Y/n and Tanjiro's figures were getting smaller and smaller as Tanjiro's house's getting further and further away. 

"It's great that I came over today. I'd be pretty bummed out if I didn't help you sell charcoal" Y/n said. "Why'd you want to accompany me?" Tanjiro asked. "Because it's the least I could do. My parents are busy most of the time, they would leave me at your place and, I felt guilty, not being able to return the favor" Y/n said, looking at her feet. "It's alright, Y/n-chan! You don't need to repay anything, plus, everyone enjoys your company" Tanjiro said. "They all became bored when you leave. Nezuko has been fond of you too" Tanjiro told Y/n. 

"I love her. She's so pretty!" Y/n exclaimed. Tanjiro looked at y/n and his eyes softened. "I love you because you're my only best friend, besides Nezuko" Y/n said as the best friend stung Tanjiro's heart. Tanjiro forced a smile. "I-I love y-you too as a best friend" his heart stung, even more, when he considered her as his best friend. Tanjiro loved y/n so much more than a best friend. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the guts to confess to her yet. 

"Tanjiro-kun" Y/n started slowly, breaking off the silence. "Would you like to come over to my place tomorrow?" y/n asked. "Will Mr. Kigiku and Mrs. Kigiku be troubled to have me in their house?" Tanjiro asked. "No, not at all, they love you!" Y/n exclaimed. "They always talked about how loyal and hardworking you are, which I have to agree with," Y/n said as she patted Tanjiro's head with an eye-closed smile. Tanjiro felt his cheeks burn. "A-are you sure?" Tanjiro stuttered. "I'm very sure" Y/n nodded.