✾𝟮𝟱✾

Sabito grabbed the handle of his sword as he took his sword out of his scabbard

Sabito grabbed the handle of his sword as he took his sword out of his scabbard. Tanjiro held his sword as he looked at Sabito with determination in his eyes. Makomo watched from the side. Within a blur, Tanjiro and Sabito rushed towards each other, swords raised. 

Tanjiro swung his sword first, cutting Sabito's mask open as it fell off his face. Sabito's shocked mouth turned to a small smile. He smiled at Tanjiro. Sabito disappeared as Tanjiro's mouth gasped in shock. He had cut open the boulder. 

Now that he was about to join the final selection, he could get revenge on the demons for killing his beloved girlfriend and made his sister suffered. He never stopped thinking about y/n. The day that she passed away that is. He felt his heartache miserably, and that's how he always blow off some of his frustration in training. Blood, sweat, and tears are enough to make a bloody river. 

Urokodaki didn't take it well either, but he wasn't going to show that. He felt as if it was his fault, his fault for not asking them to not go in that very day. He felt as if he failed as a guardian, as a grandparent. He sent a crow to The Kigiku's and even Saori, his own adopted son, had marched all over from his mansion towards the hut and started shouting at him. Aiya, Saori's wife stopped Saori from causing more ruckus. 

"I should've trained her instead!" Saori yelled. "Dear, I know it's hard, but please, it's not his fault," Aiya said in a worried tone, her eyes glistened in tears. Saori panted as he glared harshly at his father as he started crying out of frustration and anger. Aiya patted his back comfortingly. "I could've... she would've... if only you accompany them both, maybe she'd still be alive," Saori mumbled as Urokodaki felt a pang in his heart. Aiya's tears started forming as she fell to the ground and sobbed. 

She lost her daughter and she wished to the heavens that it should've been her dead instead of her innocent young daughter who was still growing. 

Saori dropped to his knees and embraced Aiya tightly while sobbing silently. Urokodaki reached a hand to them but stopped midway. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. Saori and Aiya just kept crying and crying. Painful sobs are heard from everyone who was near the hut. They couldn't believe their daughter is dead.