✾𝟴✾

"How did it go?" Tanjiro asked curiously

"How did it go?" Tanjiro asked curiously. "Shocking... I never knew that Urokodaki is my grandfather," Y/n said. Tanjiro's eyes widened. "Wait really?!" Tanjiro exclaimed loudly. "Yeah, and that'll be my first ever time meeting him," Y/n said nervously. "Do you think he'll believe that I'm a Kigiku?" Y/n asked Tanjiro. "I'm sure he'd know it's you, y/n-chan" Tanjiro smiled sweetly. Y/n's cheeks turned red. "Okay. I'll believe you, Tanji-Kun," Y/n smiled back. 

"They also revealed that they were past demon slayers," Y/n muttered. 

"Really? How come your parents never told you?" Tanjiro asked. 

"That's what I'm asking myself," Y/n said. "I don't understand why they would keep such big secrets behind me--" Y/n sighed. "I mean-- I get it. I'm not perfect, I'm not the best but they could at least tell me that I had a Grandpa," Y/n mumbled. 

"Hey, you don't need to be the best to be trusted. I'm sure what your parents kept behind you have their own reasons," Tanjiro smiled softly. "Hmmmph!- Hmph!" Nezuko said eagerly as Y/n smiled with dotted eyes, not knowing what she just said. "Thank you, Tanji, Nezu," Y/n nodded gratefully. 

The crows chirped loudly above Tanjiro and Y/n as the pair walked through the paddy fields, looking around the green nature around them, while their hands were entwined together. "Excuse me," your best friend started. "Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw and, some bamboo?" Tanjiro asked a man who was looking away from the well-dug soil. "Sure, you're welcome to it," the man smiled. "But that basket's full of holes," he warned. 

"Yes, I'll pay you for it," Tanjiro nodded. "No, that's all right, it's a basket with holes." he dismissed Tanjiro with a wave of his hand. "Yes, I will pay you!" Tanjiro exclaimed. Y/n looked at him with a tilt of her head and dotted eyes, a question mark appearing on the top of her head. "T-Tanjiro... I think we should just take the basket and go back to Nezuko--" y/n started but was cut off by the man. "No, it's all right you can have the bamboo and the straws for free too," the man shook his head. 

"But I'm still paying you!" Tanjiro exclaimed, he let go of Y/n's hand gently and take some coins from his pocket. "I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!" the man yelled. Y/n just smiled at her best friend softly. Tanjiro took the man's hand and slapped the coins in his palm roughly. "Please accept this, although it's just a small change!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "Tanjiro!" Y/n yelled, looking panicked at the man. Tanjiro grabbed the bamboo, straws, and the basket as Y/n kept bowing politely. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed as the man was clutching his slapped hand tightly and gritted his teeth in pain. Tanjiro then grabbed Y/n's hand and dragged her away. "Thank you very much!" Tanjiro exclaimed loudly with a determined look. 

"Ouch!" the man cried before he let out a scream and let go of the coins in his palms as they flew in the air. "I'm so sorry!" Y/n cried out last time before they disappeared, making their way towards the cave that Nezuko was in. 

"Nezuko," Tanjiro called out. "Nezuko!" Y/n called out again, panicking. 

Then, the midnight-colored hair girl with brilliant ballet-slipper orbs wearing a muzzle came out of a hole that she dug. "Nezuko..." Tanjiro trailed off. "Wait there for a second!" Tanjiro stumbled back as Y/n turned her head towards Tanjiro. "I'll weave the basket with the straws and cut some bamboos, you wait here Y/n-chan," Tanjiro said before nodding to himself and starting to cut off the bamboo. 

Y/n made her way into the cave and went into the hole, next to Nezuko. "Don't worry Nezuko-chan, we'll make sure you're not exposed to the sunlight," she said gently, patting Nezuko's head. Nezuko leaned in her touch. "Hmph..." she mumbled. After a while of patting, Tanjiro called out for Nezuko and Y/n as he made his way inside the cave. "Nezuko. Nezuko! Think you can fit inside this?" Tanjiro asked as he leaned the basket towards Nezuko. 

"We want to keep moving during the day too," Tanjiro added. "I'll carry you, okay?" Tanjiro asked. "Nezuko, can you-- fit in there?--" Y/n said slowly, pointing towards the basket. Nezuko looked at Y/n. Nezuko climbed out of the hole and lazily climbed inside the basket and pushed herself. "She kinda protrudes, huh?" Tanjiro asked quietly before he broke into a smile. Nezuko had grown so big now, I remember when she used to be so tiny, Tanjiro thought. 

"Oh Nezuko, do you remember how you became big like an adult earlier?" Y/n asked. "Do you think you could do the opposite? Turn smaller?" Y/n said in amusement. "Smaller Nezuko, get smaller!" Tanjiro patted his sister's back. Then Nezuko turned upside down with the basket still on her head and her legs fall in the basket after her. Y/n and Tanjiro let out a 'Oh!' in shock. Then Nezuko looked at Y/n and Tanjiro in a smaller form. 

"Woah!" Tanjiro gasped. "Good job Nezuko!" Y/n smiled. Tanjiro patted Nezuko's head. "Good job!" he exclaimed. "That's a good girl Nezuko, I'm impressed!" Y/n smiled as she made her way towards the siblings. 

"Mt. Sagiri?" a woman asked. "If you want to go to Mt. Sagiri you'll have to cross over that mountain, but..." she trailed off, Y/n tracing the map. Thing is, she doesn't know how to read the map. One hand in Tanjiro's the other, holding the brown parchment. "The sun's about to set. Are you really heading there with all that luggage?" the woman asked Y/n and Tanjiro. "It's dangerous, you know," she added. "We'll be careful," Tanjiro said with a bright smile. "Thank you very much," Y/n and Tanjiro beamed as they bowed respectfully at the older woman. "People have gone missing lately!" she exclaimed. "Try not to lose your way!" she added. 

Tanjiro let out a hand to wave at the lady as Y/n turned to grin at the lady before looking down at the parchment again, trying to figure out how to read it. 

[ notes ] 

- guys, we just hit 100 readers! godric dear! we hit 100 readers even if i just started this book a week ago. thank you so much for all the votes, and all the reads. it really means a lot and im so glad and happy to know a lot of people read my book! thank you so much! 

- comments are always allowed. come on guys, this book literally has no comments-- please do if you want to. i'd love to see what you guys are thinking when reading this book! 

 i'd love to see what you guys are thinking when reading this book!