✾𝟭𝟮𝟴✾

Genya gazed at Y/n with a hint of interest yet with a strong tinge of disinterest

Genya gazed at Y/n with a hint of interest yet with a strong tinge of disinterest. 'This could be the chance I could learn how to be just like her. So I can be a Hashira and talk to big bro,' Genya thought silently before Y/n stared at him curiously, patiently waiting for his answer. "Fine," he finally heaved out a breathless sigh. "Great, let us go train in the training estate, it's been a while since I've been there," Y/n remarked as she clasped her hands in delight, but with a glint of sadism in her twinkling e/c eyes. She couldn't wait to get stronger. In her eyes, Genya was the epitome of a worthy opponent.

"Come, follow me then, Genya!" Y/n chirped before she swiveled in her heels and started sauntering away calmly. Genya looked at her retreating form before heaving out a grunt before following hastily after her.

The both of them trudged in silence as Genya could hardly keep up with Y/n's fast speed. Within only a matter of minutes, they made it to the Training Estate. The sun shone brightly as ever through the open windows as the wooden walls glowed bright brown. The training tools were neatly placed in their own perspective places as Y/n felt her heart beating just a tad bit faster than a second ago. This would be the first time she would duel someone properly, and the last time she spar someone in a duel was none other than the other Shinazugawa Brother.

Y/n's footsteps came out in silence but Genya's footsteps thundered across the whole empty Estate. "So, what do we do here?" Genya asked as his eyes scanned around the empty place judgmentally. "We're going to have a duel!" Y/n simply chirped as she held the hilt of her katana. Genya looked at her before copying her actions, he unsheathed his plain black sword. "I know you're stronger than Himejima-sama and my older brother," Genya remarked cautiously. Y/n shot a side glance at him with a hint of surprise. "Even if you aren't a hashira yet, you are well informed with such private information," Y/n said sweetly, her voice came out like a soothing set of music notes that plays out as a heavenly melody.

Genya felt a bit flustered– discombobulated. He also felt a drop of joy tinting his heart when he figured out that Y/n was supporting him to become the Hashira he had always aspired to be. He felt... appreciated, no one in his life had ever made him feel like that except for Gyomei, who was his father figure. Genya gripped on to his sword tighter.