Chapter 41: I'm Not Okay (Jordan's Perspective)

My mind was racing with the possible outcomes of tonight. The worst scenario was fighting but I had to tell myself it wouldn't get that bad. I still didn't want them in a room together. I didn't know if Dan was the jealous type and from the looks of it Todd still was. I had Dan, but Todd looked so nice. Plus, he complimented- No. Jordan, you're with Dan. You love Dan. Todd is in the past. Dan is now. What was that quote from The Office?... I didn't care for it but it pretty much sums up what's happening or something similar to it. My ex is meeting my sex. That's what it was. God, why today? Why this trip? Why me? I just wanted to leave the past in the past, I was doing so well. I haven't talked to Dan about exes. That was something that never came up. Now I wish it did. Ugh, my stomach hurts. This isn't good. I'm freaking out, I'm going to die. I can feel my heart beating. I now immediately regret everything.

"Jordan, you okay? You haven't said anything for the past 5 minutes. You've been staring at the ground." Monica asked me.

"What? Me? I-I... Can we listen to Fergie on the way over?" I wasn't thinking at this point so I said the first things that came to mind, and for some reason Fergie did.

"Fergie? I'm so confused. Are you okay?" She shook me back and forth, waving a hand in front of my face.

"I'm just joking. I haven't seen your brother in a long time." Todd starting laughing, putting his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged him off and walked a few steps back away from his reach.

"You're being serious?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, I have a date with a few buddies." He said. I sighed with relief, I started to relax a little.

"You practically gave me a goddamn heart attack, you asshole."

"Oohh, does this guy not know about me?" He raised his eyebrows and nudged me.

"No, I didn't want him to meet you like this either. Thank god, you're not really going." I took a few more steps back.

"Thanks, Jordan. I feel the love." Todd said, putting his hand on his chest like he was wounded. I'm sorry but your first boyfriend and your last boyfriend should never meet. Wait? What did I just call Dan? Oh, god, here come the butterflies again.

"Yeah, well, we should get going now. Come on, Mon." I pulled her away and walked to my car.

"Dude, what was that about?" She asked me.

"I don't want Dan meeting him, that's all. We haven't talked about exes. It just would've been a bad scene, man."

"Your phone was going off, too. I'm surprised you didn't notice."

"It was? Shit!" I checked and I had a miss call from Arin followed by a few texts. Which was weird cause I didn't text Arin that often.

Arin: Yo! I forgot ur in Vegas! Would u mind readin' dis n tell meh what u think (8:12pm)
Arin: What pisses me off most in this world/ Is when enemies get nice when they find out I'm a girl/ So do me a favour and take your cakes and pies/ And shove them so far up your ass they end behind your eyes//Stop treating me like I'm a sex object/ Mother Brains a woman but she gets respect/-/Get the fuck off my planet this is your last chance. (8:14pm)

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna call my friend back."

"No, go ahead, it could be important." I called up Arin and after the second ring he answered.

"Hey! Jordan! I was starting to think you were dead or something!" Arin screamed, I pulled my phone away from my ear cause he was so loud.

"I'm not, so we're good. Uh, what was that little poem thingy about?"