Chapter 11: Tonight You're Perfect (Dan's Perspective)

The flight wasn't too bad. I didn't have any kids kicking the back of my chair or people sleeping on me. I hate when that happens. I feel like I'm forgetting something. I have my bags, phone, headphones, wallet... I forgot to call Jordan. I pull out my phone and call her right away.

"Hello?"

"Hi"

"How was the flight?"

"It was fine."

"That's good, so what'd you call me for?"

"You said to, I'm guessing your picking me up."

"I thought you knew your way around my hometown."

"No I didn't. I remember me telling-"

"Dan, I was messing with you. I'm already on my way. I'm like 5 minutes away from the airport. Meet me at the McDonalds outside of the airport. It's like right before you walk- you've never been here before never mind. Just ask one of the security people or someone at the front desk. You'll find it. I'll be waiting there."

"Why can't you just come get me?"

"Cause I'll still have to go through security and I don't feel like it right now."

"Fine, I'll see you in a bit."

"Kay, bye." And there's the click. She hung up. Now it's time to go find that McDonalds. I ask one of the people at the front desk and she tells me where it's at. I walk like I'm leaving and I see it. I walk in and it's dead empty. But I hear a familiar voice ordering.

"One large mocha chocolate chip frappe and a twenty piece order of chicken nuggets."

"Will that be all ma'am?"

"All you guys serve is Coca-Cola products, huh?"

"Yes."

"Then never mind that'll be it." She tries to whisper but since it's empty I can hear her. "Guess I have to stop at the store."

"You should lay off the coffee. That's all I've seen you drink. Coffee and Pepsi." I made her jump. I should've cleared my throat.

"You're one to talk. You should lay off the skittles, bub."

"If I could I'd live off of skittles."

"I'd live off of coffee if I could, too."

"Seems like you do. What'd you need to stop at the store for?"

"Oh, just some more pepsi, skittles, and I need to get you a shirt."

"A shirt? What for?"

"The concert. I'm not going in band merch all by myself. You are too."

"But I've barely listened to them."

"You've heard their popular songs right and you know the words and you like them?"

"Very specific, but yeah."

"You'll be fine then. No one will want to start a mosh pit with you. The other songs, you might be at risk. But just act like you know the words."

"Seems simple enough. It's already 8:30, are you sure we have enough time?"

"Yes, the mall closes at 10. Target closes at 11. Wal-Mart till 12. If we're later than those there's always Walgreens."