Chapter 1: New Perspective (Jordan's Perspective)

Moving to a new town can be stressful enough. I'm tired and there hasn't been anything good for me lately. I shouldn't lie but I kind of need to exaggerate so you feel my pain. I'm moving from Chicago to Los Angeles. One city to another. It wasn't really my choice either. I mean I'm not saying I don't like L.A., I love it! It's just that it was for my career. I'm a YouTuber and L.A. is a big spot. Los Angeles is a big spot for a lot of things, but you know what I mean... My name's Jordan Quintel and I'm one of the rare female gamers in the gaming community on YouTube. I'm hoping that the move to L.A. will be a fresh start for me. I've been through a lot and I just want to get away from all that. Maybe I'll start a band like I've always wanted.

I'm not a very social person. I can be very awkward. I'm surprised I've even made friends trying this YouTube thing. You see, being a YouTuber wasn't the plan. I was gonna graduate from college and be a teacher or a psychologist. I got my teaching degrees, so I'm qualified to be a teacher, but there was that one day where I saw a few other people play video games and get hundreds of views. Video games was already a main part of my life. When I was supposed to study, games found their way to distract me. So, I looked up what programs I needed and bought them. Here I am today. 100,000+ subscribers and it's amazing! Moving to L.A. is hopefully going to help me out socially and career wise.

Today, I'm meeting with a friend I made in the community named Suzy. She said she'd show me around L.A. so I get the feel for it. She's also introducing me to her fiancé, Arin. He's a gamer too, so I think we'll get along or at least have something to talk about. I'm supposed to meet her at her house in Glendale, right outside of L.A. C'mon GPS don't fail me now! I should text her just to make sure she's ready...

Me: Hey! Is now a good time to come over, or would you like me to wait? (10:24am)

Suzy: Hi! Yeah, totally! Just showing Dan around the house, but you can come over! (10:25am)

Me: Oh, okay! Great! See you soon if I don't get lost! (10:26am)

Suzy: Lol, well if you get lost just give me a call. I'll try to help somehow. :P (10:27am)

Me: Haha, okay, thanks so much! (10:28am)

Suzy: Anytime! :) (10:29am)

Okay, I should be there in like 20 minutes. That means I can listen to my music loudly for about 7 songs, 10 if I'm lucky. I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself in front of her, Arin and this mysterious Dan guy. I wonder who he is... Is he another YouTuber? Maybe just a friend of Arins'. Could be family... Man, I'm really nosey, this is why I cant keep relationships. Just keep everything cool and collected. Don't freak out. They're completely normal like you. Wait, I'm normal?...Fuck. I'm already here. I didn't even pay attention to my music. Time to make start anew...