Chapter 22: Next To You (Jordan's Perspective)

"I need to get ready before we go anywhere." I said when we got inside.

"Where did you guys go?" Brian says as we walked into the room.

"We went for a quick Sunday drive. Went to sunrise peak."

"Oh, okay. You're a day early but I just wondering. We'll leave around noon?"

"I'm okay with that. What about you Jordan? Sound good?"

"Yeah, totally." All I'm asking for is to get ready. I don't really care as long as I look decent in public. As soon as I said that everyone started spliting up causing me to not realize that i'm standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room. I catch myself and head to the room to get ready. As I open the door, I see Dan laying on his stomach towards the end of the bed watching Monster Squad.

"I haven't seen this movie in years!"

"WOAH, you know this movie?" He said that pretty surprised. Why would he be surprised? I'm not that much younger than him.

"Um, does the wolfman have nards?" I asked him sarcastically as I grabbed my bag and sat towards the top of the bed. He turned around and flashed me a huge smile.

"God, you're amazing." I focused my attention onto the tv. His smile was killing me. I blushed really bad. Hmm, what to wear, what to wear. I decided on Army green skinny jeans and my Julian Casablancas Boombox tee. Do I really need makeup? Eh, i'll just put eyeliner and mascara. I laid my clothes on the bed and threw my bag on the ground causing Danny to look in my direction.

"Oh, uh, do you wanna know where the bathroom is?" The bathroom? Oh...

"No, it's fine. I'll get dressed in here. It's not a problem is it? You won't pop a boner?" He laughed lightly at my comment.

"We haven't tested that, well we haven't tested it with you in the room."

"Okay then. So basically what you're saying is that just by the thought of me, you've gotten a rager?"

"Totally. Let's go with that." I took off the shirt I was wearing before and put on the nice clean one.

"Anything?"

"Eh, it's not a crazy one. So we're good." I smirked and got off the bed. I took off my pants and heard Dan interrupt.

"Super effective." I slid on the pants and sat back down. "I think it's your turn to get ready now."

"But girls don't have dicks. Wait, don't tell me you have a penis..."

"No, you idiot. I don't but you should just get ready instead of watching the credits of Monster Squad. Who even reads the credits?"

"Okay good otherwise we would have a major problem. But The Karate Kid is coming on next. I'm just waiting."

"You can get dressed while you wait."

"No I can't. I HAVE TO WAIT."

"Get ready or else."

"Or else what? You won't do anything."

"Don't underestimate me Danny." I looked around for any type of weaponry to use against him. Ah-hah! A pillow. I threw it at his back with as much force as I can cause c'mon, does a pillow hurt?

"That's it!" He jumped off and pulled down my feet, so I was laying on my back. Then, he jumped towards my side. Oh my god. No, he's not doing what I think he is, is he? I can't stop laughing. This isn't fair! I'm trying to kick him off but I keep missing.

"DAN!" I try to say out of my laughter.

"STOP! Please!"

"Do you surrender?"

"Yeah, I surrender. YES!" God, I exclaimed that a little too loudly... He stopped and just laid his head on my stomach, wrapping his arms around my torso.

"You comfortable there, buddy?"

"Totally. DON'T YOU FUCKING MOVE!"

"Damn, I wasn't planning on it." My fingers instantly went to play with his hair. It's impossible not to mess with it.

"Jordan?" Dan said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Would you be willing to accompany me on a date Tuesday?"

"Of course I will."

"Okay, good. I was nervous you'd say no."

"Nerd." We laid there for about an hour until Brian knocked on our door telling us he was ready when we were.

"Goddammit."

"We can finish this later, I know." I started getting up causing Dan to be really close to my boobs so I laid back down.

"Guess I'd have to get ready no matter what."

"Yep, so get ready." He got up and changed into dark jeans and the Fall Out Boy shirt I got him.

"Nice shirt. I love it."

"Me too. I got in Chicago, no big deal." He smirked at me while he put on his shoes. Shoes. Yeah, I should put mine on.

"Ready?"

"I'm as ready as i'll ever be." We walked out the room towards the door.

"Where's Brian?"

"He likes getting in the car first, i'm not sure why."

"Oh." Dan opened the door and let me go first. I started walking towards the car when I hear, "SHOTGUN!"

"You're such a child." I hopped into the backseat and sat in the middle.

"So, Jordan what type of music do you listen to? I can probably figure out a station and leave it on there."

"She basically listens to what I listen to. Except for fucking Green Day and Maroon 5."

"Woah, you mentioned Green Day but never Maroon 5. This is Green Day all over again, why don't you like Maroon 5?!"

"I just never really cared for them, I mean sure i'll listen to them but I won't like it."

"I swear, Daniel, you are so... So weird."

"Yet we're still associated with him." Brian said laughing.

"It's cause i'm awesome. Duh."

"So where are we going?"

"Tourist places. Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Times Square. You know, the infamous places." Brian answered.

"Cut out Central Park and Times Square, we'll save those for another day." You know he never told me where our date was gonna be... Maybe there? It'd be really romantic.

"Sorry again that Brian doesn't have a USB outlet."

"Hey, it's too complicated to set up. Tons of wires and shit. I'd get electricuted."

"Wait, you have one?"

"Yeah, bought it thinking it'd be a breeze."

"I can set it up when we get back home. I set up mine and my friends. It's actually really easy."

"Yeah, Brian. It's reeaallyy easy."

"Shut up, you couldn't figure it out either!" Dan started scoffing dramatically.

"It was just... The directions were in french!"

"You know some basic French, fucker! Such a bad excuse, stop trying to impress your girlfriend."

"Even if that was the case. I know french. Took it in high school and it stuck with me. Trust me, i'll set it up."

"Looks can be deceiving. Looks like we have more to learn about Jordan today." Brian says as he pulls into a nice looking parking garage. Wait, what's that supposed to mean?!