Chapter 6: Ain't It Fun (Jordan's Perspective)

I put in my address into my phone and start driving to my house.

"Hey, Dan?..."

"Yes, Jordan?"

"You should give me a Skittle."

"You know I should, I could, I would, but I want them." Well, we're more similar than I thought.

"You know sharing is caring."

"Sharings not really in my vocabulary."

"It's not in mine either but I gave you an earbud earlier."

"Fine, one skittle, and that's it." He hands me a skittle and I take it.

"Ah, dude. Green? I hate the green ones. They changed the flavour of them and now they suck."

"Hahaha, hey, don't complain. At least you got a skittle."

"True, I'll get you back someday. I'll find out your weaknesses and use them against you."

"As will I. Prepare for total chaos Jordan Greyson Quintel."

"Challenge accepted Leigh Daniel Avidan." Just a few more turns and we're to my home. It's already 4:30am and I'm still wide awake.

"Are you tired yet?" Speaking of being wide awake.

"No. I pull all-nighters a lot. I'm kind of an insomniac and since I moved out here it's really bad. When I first got here I didn't sleep for two days straight and still wasn't tired."

"Oh, that sucks. But if it makes you feel any better there's times where I can't sleep or focus. It gets bad. But I'm not tired yet either." At least I won't be the only one up.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I get over them." Okay. I love how this went from happy fun times to sad awkward silence. Hopefully it'll change cause I'm pulling into my house now.

"We're here. Welcome to Quintel Manor." I unbuckle my seatbelt and so does Dan.

"You've got a nice house. How much was it? Houses in L.A. can be expensive." Well...

"We're kinda on the outskirts of L.A. We're like 20 minutes away from Glendale. Also, I only paid like $20,000 on it..."

"Wait, only $20,000 on it?! That's fucking impossible."

"No, it's possible if you knew the previous owner. This was my brother's house till he got a promotion in Vegas, and moved there. He knew I was moving here so he thought it wasn't fair that I didn't have to pay mortgage on the house, since he paid it off, but anyways he said he'd give it to me for $20,000. Family discount."

"You lucky bastard. Such a nice house for a low price."

"Yeah, but this is only the outside."

"You're right. We should go inside." We get out of the car and head towards the front door. I unlock the door and let him in first.

"Tons of boxes. Looks like some kind of warehouse."

"The whole house looks like this, It's a complete mess. At least the boxes are in the correct room so it's easier for me."

"Easier for us. We're helping out remember?" I remember...

"Yeah, but we need to paint some rooms first. I bought the paint but I never did it."

"Let's just do it now. It'll be somewhat dry when the rest of them come over." Ugh, it's so much work though. This is why I haven't done it yet. I'm way too lazy for this.

"Yeah, I guess so. We need to paint the office dark blue, my room red and black, the guest room a purple and that's it." I start walking towards the garage to get the paint. Dan's just standing there looking around the living room and he notices I'm opening the garage door and he walks toward me.

"Just three rooms?" I turn the light on to the garage and poof! More boxes.

"Yeah, just three. Can you help me out and get that empty box so I can put the paint in them?"

"Yeah, here." He hands me the box and I put the 8 gallons of paint in them and pick it up.

"Dude, that looks heavy. You should let me get that." It is but I try to act tough. It's not working so I let him take them. I just grab all the paint brushes, rolly things, plastic to keep the paint off the floor, buckets for the paint, and a fan. I close up the garage and walk out. I don't see Dan anywhere.

"Dan?" No response. "Danny?' Nope. "Daniel?' Seriously? "Leigh Daniel Avidan?!"

"Hey, sorry. I'm already upstairs."

"You scared me, you son of a bitch." "I'm sorry, your royal bitchiness." I'm glad I left with him tonight. It'd be pretty boring if I didn't.