Chapter 31: Back To Earth (Jordan's Perspective)

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the couch.

"Hello?" I croaked out.

"Hi! Oh my God, did I wake you up? I didn't mean to, I can call later if you want." An energized Suzy said on the other line.

"Oh, no. I've been up, just haven't talked. Uh, what's up?" I sat up straight, trying to wake myself up.

"Well, a drunken Barry called me last night asking to go to Disneyland like I was his mom or something and Jon was yelling in agreement in the background, so do you wanna go sometime this week?"

"Uh, sure. Sounds fun!"

"Okay! I'll text you the details later when me and Arin figure out when."

"Alright, sounds cool."

"I'll let you finish sleeping cause it's pretty obvious you're half-asleep! I'll talk to you later, bye!"

"Bye, Suze." I hung up the phone and looked at the time. 12:51pm. Shit, I slept for 12 hours. I got my ass off the couch and got ready for the day. I started setting up an area to film and got my computer set up for gameplay and editing. It was a decently boring day but I had fun filming otherwise. I got a Q&A done, along with an update about what's been happening lately, and a few gameplays of indie games. Today feels like it's going really slow but really fast at the same time. It's probably because there's no one but myself for the first time in awhile. I've never really lived on my own before, so it's definitely quiet. Once I was done editing and it finished rendering, I was officially done for the day. I went downstairs to find food but it was either empty and/or expired so I had no choice but to go to the store. At least this will keep me busy! Oh and I finally had a car. No planes, no walking, no bueses or subways, my own car. I never thought i'd say this but I actually missed my car. I got in, plugged in my phone and drove to Target. I bought popcorn and a drink before I actually started shopping cause it smelt really good and I haven't eaten anything all day. I grabbed things I needed plus a few things I didn't need but I knew I would need it someday. My phone started going off and luckily I was wearing headphones otherwise it'd be an even more awkward situation.

"Dan! You're FaceTiming me! In public!"

"Hi, what do you mean public?"

"I'm at Target, I need some things. Mostly food."

"Okay, I'll remember to keep my pants on."

"Good, how's New York without me?"

"A little vague but it's okay. I've managed before, I can manage a few more weeks. How's it's over there? OH! How was hanging out with Barry?"

"He got so drunk, he convinced Suzy to take us to Disneyland sometime this week. Oh, I met Jon finally. He seemed pretty cool. Other than that, today was kind of a drag. Filming and editing."

"I would've loved to see Barry like that."

"It was pretty interesting, he ended up calling his beers, his babies or baboos at some point. I wanna know how bad his hangover was."

"I finally found a way that you could finally pay me!"

"Pay you?"

"You still owe me from that one day."

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

"And you have a great memory my ass."

"Whatever, just, what it is?"

"You'll find out when I move out there!"

"Can't you tell me now?"

"No! It's a surprise plus we're not done writing it..."