Chapter 14: Hopeless Wanderer (Dan's Perspective)

We didn't talk much on the way home last night. I think seeing her really happy made me want to make her happy myself. Arin's words of wisdom kept lingering in my mind. Speaking of, I should text him back now. It's 11 am here, so it's like 9 over there.

Me: Hey, so last night was memorable. (11:01am)

Arin: You should like totally give all the details!... :P (11:02am)

Me: Haha. Well, she looked... It was beyond words, dude. She was so happy, it made me happy. (11:03am)

Arin: So you finally admit it? You really like her? ;) (11:04am)

Me: Shut up. But yeah, I'm pretty sure. She seems different from most girls. (11:05am)

Arin: It's cause she's a fucking weirdo like you. It's a good thing, though. A good weird. (11:06am)

Me: I hope your right, too. I got to go, I hear her in the kitchen. (11:07am)

Arin: Don't try to move fast. Like I said get to know her more and don't give up. I'll talk to you later, bro. (11:08am)

I plug in my phone to charge and head towards the kitchen.

"Good morning!"

"Morning, you seem really happy."

"That's because I am happy. Is it a crime to be happy?"

"No, I guess not."

"Exactly. Last night was fun! I'm glad you came with me. Today is all up to you. Your day since I dragged you along last night."

"I wasn't dragged along, it was fun and I enjoyed it! Jordan, I don't really know what's here, so I don't think I'll know where to go."

"You've seen Ferris Bueller right?"

"Well yeah."

"Then it's settled. We're Bueller-ing it today."

"Bueller-ing?"

"Yes, it's a word I literally just came up with the meaning of the art of doing what Ferris Bueller did. Like go to the places where he went with Sloane and Cameron."

"Alrighty then. We should get ready. Last I checked it was like 11:15."

"Oh shit yeah." She went to her room. I'm guessing to change. I'm still in last nights clothes. I should take a shower but it's already late. I'll just put more cologne one than usual. Hopefully it won't be too strong that it knocks people out. I barely start walking to the room I'm staying in when Jordan walks out all ready to go.

"You didn't get ready yet?"

"No, I got distracted. I'm going to now. I shouldn't take long."

"Okay, well you can take a shower if you want. I don't mind leaving later. We have till Sunday to go places. It's barely Wednesday."

"Are you sure? I can take a shower when we get back so w-"

"Dan, go ahead. I don't care." I go grab some clothes then head to the shower in the other room. She's probably going to put make-up on or watch TV while I'm in here. I'm trying not to take forever. She doesn't seem to mind. She looked nice today. Her shirt says, 'Bears, Beets, Battlestar Gallectica' it sounds familiar but I can't seem to figure it out... I finally finish and step out of the shower. I try to get dressed quickly so I can spend more time with Jordan. Need to get to know her more. I walk out and Jordan's just sitting in the living browsing through episodes of The Office on Netflix. That's what her shirt's from! She notices me walk in and scoots so I can sit down.

"Do you really want to go Bueller-ing today?"

"If you want. I don't mind if we go or not. Like you said we have the rest of week."

"Okay, then that means that we're doing nothing today. We're staying here and watching things on Netflix."

"Can I go change into like PJ's then?"

"Good idea." So I basically took a shower and got ready for nothing... It's fine. I'm not complaining. It'll be nice. Just a day at the house. I change into pajama pants and a plain white tee shirt. I walk into the living room and browse through the episodes. Jordan walks in with her hair up. It's the first time I've seen her all natural. No makeup at all. She's even prettier than before. She's wearing Beavis and Butthead pajama pants with a matching shirt.

"Scoot over your taking the whole couch." I scoot and continue looking at the episode until she notices I have the remote.

"My only request is you keep it on The Office. Pick whatever episode just leave it on this show."

"Like I said picky."

"I don't care." There's so many episodes and I don't know which one to pick. Obviously I'm taking to long so Jordan grabs the remote from me and just plays the one that I left it on.

"HEY!"

"You were taking forever. I would be as old as Creed if I waited for you to pick an episode."

"You'd still be as pretty as Pam though." Shit. I was thinking out aloud.

"I'm nowhere near Pam. She's gorgeous and I'm... i'm just here. Plus I have no Jim. Or a Roy." I could be your Jim, is what I'd say if I wasn't so scared.

"Trust me, you're pretty beautiful. You'll find your Jim, you never know you could've already met him."

"Thanks but I'm not good with taking compliments. And if you're hinting to yourself, I wouldn't know."

"Let's just watch this episode then."

"Yeah. Good idea."

We've probably watched about 2 seasons till Jordan fell asleep. She seems so at peace when she sleeps. I wish she knew that I wasn't just messing around. That I like her sincerely. I don't care if we barely met a week ago. I've liked her since I first laid eyes on her. I'm just a hopeless romantic. Some relationships start with people barely knowing each other right? Maybe I just need her to believe me and ask her on a date. I can't. I should get to know her better. I'll ask her out in New York. It'll be perfect. In Times Square. No, Central Park. I don't know but I'll ask her out next week. What if I freeze and don't say anything? What if she says no? Oh, this is awful. I need to stop thinking about this. I'll be fine. It'll come naturally when I ask her. I just need to stop worrying. I look over and she's still sleeping. It's getting dark outside. I'll be nice and go put her in her room. I slowly pick up Jordan bridal style and she starts waking up.

"Thank you, Dan." She's still half asleep when says this but I can tell she means it. I lay her down and close the door. I walk in my room and just lay there. Thinking about everything over again. God, I'm hopeless...