Chapter 18: The (After) Life Of The Party (Dan's Perspective)

Last night seems like a dream. Does she really like me? Or was she lying? I have no clue. I got up pretty early and made some breakfast. Mmm, toaster strudels. One of my greatest recipes. My secret ingredient is straight from the box. I have a feeling that both Jordan and Leslie will be hungover so I'm gonna look around for some ibuprofen. I'm making a lot of fucking noise... Jordan walks out of the room with her hair pretty much everywhere, her makeup smeared and she has a blanket wrapped around her like a cape.

"Nice-"

"Don't. It's way too damn early."

"Alright... Want some breakfast to cure that hangover?"

"Yes, please." She sits on the counter while I hand her the plate of toaster strudels. God, she looks so sleep deprived.

"So, uh, Daniel... What happened last night? Like I have a sense of what happened but it's just blurry and out of order." Great.

"Nothing much you found me outside of the club, held onto my hand with a deathgrip, came home, Leslie went straight to bed while you and I talked."

"Erm... What'd we talk about?" The truth? No, I can't. I should. What if she regrets kissing me? Shit...

"Um... Well..."

"Well?..."

"I was getting there! Well we, uh, talked and you said you liked me more than a friend, and I admitted that too... Then we, uh, kissed... You probably regret it. It was stupid." My voice got really quiet towards the end of those sentences. Last night's replaying in my head while Jordan's face is apple red and emotionless.

"That's it?"

"Yep." Extra emphasis on the P. She finishes her food and shoves the plate away from her.

"I know what you're thinking. It wasn't the alcohol. And I don't regret anything. I told you the truth last night."

"You did?"

"Yeah... So Leslie was saying you had feelings back. So if that's true. Great. But let's take it slow, I think we could make something out of whatever this is. I don't want to fuck our shit up."

"You said something similar to that last night but yeah, I agree. Slow is the way to go." She gets down from the counter and hugs me. I hug her tightly back. She pulls away and goes to the room. I think we could make something out of this... After I clean up, I sit in the living deciding to put it on The Office. It's a pretty good show. As soon as the theme starts playing, Jordan runs into the living room, jumps on the couch, missing her footing causing her to hit my fucking dick.

"SON-OF-A-BITCH! HOLY SHIT!"

"I'm so sorry!" She says laughing.

"It's fine." My voice is now strained, thank you. I recover quickly afterwards and try to pull that yawning move. All Jordan does is laugh and leans into me. A few minutes later all I hear is an, 'awwe.' We both move away from each other once we notice it was Leslie.

"Like I said. You guys really do make a cute couple." She grabs a water and sits next to Jordan on the couch. Jordan leans back into me. My arm fits perfectly around her shoulder.

"Isn't it your last full day here?" Leslie asked Jordan.

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's all go see a movie on me! I mean this would have never happened without me, so we should do I want today." We all laugh while Leslie looks at movie listings on her phone.