Chapter 29: Lovefool (Jordan's Perspective)

"I love you too, Daniel." This is different from most dreams. It's again, Dan and I but we're on an island. I have a beautiful ring on my finger. He has a silver band on his. We're married?... This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. This is by far one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had... Well not the weirdest but it's definitely up there. Does it stand for something? All we did was say that we loved each other. There can't be a connection, can there?
I'm woken up by the tossing and turning of Dan. This is probably the only time I can look something like this up without people asking me what I'm doing. I take my phone off the charger, trying to not wake up him up in the process of doing so. He napped for so long, he finally fell asleep at 3 in the morning.

'What does wedding rings in a dream mean?'

I typed into my search bar. A bunch of results popped up, God. It does mean something.

'If you are not married and find a wedding ring, then it means that your personal relationship has reached a new level.'

Well, that sure did happen. It's reached a lot of levels in the past week. I'm just going to look some more things up just to make sure...

'What does a marriage mean in a dream?'

'To dream of a marriage signifies commitment, harmony or transitions. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life.'

'What does a honeymoon mean in a dream?'

You know what? No. I think this is enough, I'm getting way too involved with this and over thinking this. I'll end up driving myself fucking crazy if I keep thinking about this! I just need to enjoy these moments, it's a good thing! A very good thing... I looked over to my left, Dan was still sound asleep, his hair everywhere. I got up, went to the kitchen and decided to make breakfast. Its my last full day so I want to do something nice for all of them for letting me bum around here all week. Plus, they bought bacon and stuff to make pancakes, how could I not make that?! Midway of the bacon sizzling, pancakes flipping, and the eggs scrambling, I heard a door open then quickly shut afterwards. I thought it was Dan and I'm guessing the woman also thought I was Dan.

"Dan, what's the deal? You never-" She stopped and looked me up and down.

"You're not Dan..." She said, laughing awkwardly.

"Sorry to wake you up by all this. My name is spelled with a 'Dan' at the end though. I'm Jordan, Danny's girlfriend. You must be Rachel, Brian's lovely wife." I wiped off my hands, and stuck one out.

She happily shook it, adding to the conversation. "Oh, okay. You see, I was wondering who this Jordan was! Dan couldn't stop talking about you ever since you two met, Brian told me a lot, too. It's nice to finally meet you!"

I let out a small chuckle, checking the food. "It's nice to meet you, too! I'm surprised they care enough to talk about me, actually."

"Oh, they might try to act like they don't give two shits but they're sweeties." Rachel said, sitting on one of the chairs.

"That's good to know. Um, are you hungry? I made plenty of food." Motioning dramatically to the stove with pans.

"Yeah, sure!" I grabbed a plate, served her and got myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. Cause nothing beats a delicious bowl of Lucky Charms, well maybe except bacon...

"No, pancakes? But they're so good, thank you." Rachel said with her mouth full causing me laugh.

"You're welcome and thank you but these are for you guys since you let me bum around your house for a week. I thought I'd do something nice before I leave tomorrow." The more I think about leaving the more upset I get, I'll probably end up crying sometime in the next 24 hours.