Chapter 2

≡Izuku POV≡

Well, when I woke up this morning, I was not planning on staying at school late, crying into Kacchan's shoulder, and about to share my sob story.

Life really is full of surprises.

Where should I even start? Well, obviously at the start.

I leaned away from Kacchan, not even caring about how I was acting. I cleaned my face with my sleeve and sat back in my chair.

Here goes nothing.

"S-so, uhm..." I stuttered. I hate my stutter. This is so much easier to say in my head! Why couldn't he have a mind reading quirk so I wouldn't have to have a full blown fight with my tongue?

"Before you start," yes, please, stall as long as you want, "I just want to say that I'm sorry."

Wait, what?

"I'm so sorry for how I've treated you all these years. I-i just wanted to keep you safe. I was so stupid! I thought that if I forced you to not be a hero you'd give up! I just didn't want to see you get hurt or your hopes up only to get them crushed. I see now that that was wrong. I'm so, so sorry."

Holy shit. Katsuki Bakugo is apologizing to me and.. Crying?!

"K-kacchan.."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness... I promise you that starting now, I will work to be worthy of it," he wiped his eyes and looked at me with genuine determination.

"Now, as I say that," he smiles sadly, "I still need to know what is going on with you.."

Fuck. My. Life.

"O-oh... Uhm.." I began fiddling with my fingers trying to get my mouth to cooperate. I took a glance at his face and for some reason felt so... safe.

"Well, where do I start?" I nervously chuckle. "Obviously at the start. After I got back from the quirk doctor, my dad got all pissed that I'm quirkless and since then he basically takes every chance he has to beat me up. It started with just some kicks, punches, and slaps every now and then thenhestartedtostopfeedingmeandhittingmemoreandthenafewyearsagohestartedusinghisquirkonmeandthenhestartedtobringindifferenttoolstouseonmeandnowIthinkhejustenjoysitandhonestlyImgratefulhesstilllettingmehavemyroomitsmysancuatyImeanhefreaksoutwheneverImakeanynoisemymomsneaksmefoodbutsometimesitshardand-"

"Izu!" I flinched, snapping me out of my rant.

"S-sorry, was I mumbling?" I nervously scratched my neck.

"Yeah.. I caught some of it though... I'm so sorry. I should've noticed earlier."

"No, no, no, no! This isn't your fault! Don't apologize," I waved my hands in front of myself trying to convince him.

"Still... I'm sorry."

Ok, what the actual fuck is happening?

◃2 Months Later▸

After Kacchan and I... talked, we started getting a lot closer again. He stopped bullying me and has been defending me against our classmates. It's been really nice not getting beaten up or yelled at 24/7.

Of course, I still have home.

Kacchan has been offering me to come over to his house a lot. I can see why, and honestly, I wish I could. But I have to go home eventually and if I am too late, he is in the living room and that never ends well.

He's also been waiting for me under my window every morning with some breakfast and an extra lunch. It's been really nice not having to go through the school day completely starved. An added plus is that I don't have to worry about my mom being caught swiping food!

Every night, Kacchan texts me asking how I'm doing. It's really weird having someone other than my mom worrying about me. I can't help but feel bad whenever I can't text him back. Every Friday, he usually goes out drinking and when he comes back, he beats me to a pulp and I usually can't move until the next morning.

Kacchan full out spams me whenever this happens.

All in all, these 2 months have been really weird, but, a good weird.

"Oi, Izu, you sure you don't want to come over today?" Kacchan asked as we walked to my house after school.

"I'm sure Kacchan, thanks though," I gave him a small smile.

"But, today is Friday..." he looked down, probably trapping himself in a loop of what he imagines happens to me.

I don't have the heart to tell him it's worse.

"It's ok Kacchan, I'll be fine. Don't worry too much about me, ok?"

He gave me a hesitant look, "That's what you always say..."

"Well, we're here, I'll see you on Monday. Have a nice weekend Kacchan!" I waved to him as I started up the stairs to my front door.

"Bye Izu, stay safe..."

I hesitated to open my door for a second, before pushing it open. I made sure to open it slowly in case it creaked. I quickly went in and did my routine of putting things away. He is almost never home when I come home, but I've learned that you can never be too safe.

As soon as all my things were away, I rushed over to my mom's room. I took a deep breath before opening the door to face her.

"Hey Mom, how was your day?" I stood at the foot of her bed and gave her a small smile.

She returned the smile. "My day was great, thank you for getting me hooked on this book series, it really is good. How was your day honey?"

"It was great, Kacchan is being really caring lately and I aced my science test."

"That's great dear! Want to play some board games?"

"Sure!"

We both played for the rest of the night. We almost forgot about all of the abuse he puts me through and all the machines in the room that are the only things keeping my mom alive.