Chapter 43

≡Hitoshi POV≡

"Come on, you heard what she said, didn't you?!" Kirishima stood up and yelled at Vlad King.

After we had gotten Mandalay's message, we had all been trying to go out but Vlad won't let us.

"I can't let them get my friends!" Denki yelled with a panicked voice. He was really freaking out over this, and honestly, I am too.

We had figured out that it was Izuku who gave Mandalay the message about Katsuki, which means he fought a villain to get it. Also, after the mall, we had been told everything they said and knew that Izuku was also a target.

"Come on Vlad! We need to go and help them! The fact that they're not back yet shows that they're in some sort of trouble and need help!" I cried out as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Not a chance," Vlad stood with his arms crossed in front of the door, blocking us.

"Why not?!" Denki argued.

"Come on, cool it guys," Mina stepped forward, trying to calm us.

"We don't know how many villains there are! We should be putting out as many fighters as possible! For all we know there could be a whole army!" Ojiro pointed out.

"You don't seriously want to go out there! The more people out, the more likely someone will be taken!" Iida yelled, ticking me off.

"So you'd rather leave them out there to fend for themselves?!" I yelled.

"Even Aizawa said to fight!" Denki began pacing around as he tried to calm himself.

"Only for self defense. He meant the students in the woods," Vlad King corrected as he stood strong in his position.

We heard a noise by the door and we all looked at it.

"Was that the door?" Sato asked, voicing most people's thoughts.

"I guess Mr Aizawa is back already," Sero shrugged.

"Finally! He'll understand and let us help!" Denki broke his pace and walked towards the door, only to be blocked by Vlad.

"Wait up," he stared at the door until we saw a silhouette with spiky hair. "Move!"

Everyone leapt back as blue, burning flames shot through the door, destroying everything in its path.

As soon as the flames cleared, Vlad punched the villain's face and slammed him into the wall, using his quirk Blood Control to restrain him to the wall.

"You dare walk into my classroom without so much as a plan?" Vlad spat. "You underestimate us."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You've already been defeate-" his blue eyes dulled over as I used my quirk.

"What is your guys' plan here?" I asked, earning a small glare from Vlad.

"Our objectives are to disturb the peace and show how unsafe you are. Our other one is to take a few students. Our main goal is to take Bakugo and Midoriya so that Hisa-" his explanation was cut short as he somehow melted away.

"Was that a villain's quirk? How'd he melt?" Monoma asked as he saw the puddle.

"Wait, you don't think he meant Hisashi, do you..?" Denki stared at me as our eyes went wide and the need to get out and help grew exponentially.

"Look at him, another fake," Dad walked in from where the door used to be with Kota behind him.

"Aizawa! We need to get out there right now!" Denki cried as he began to try and get through the door.

"I already told you that you are to all stay here," Vlad said as he walked over to the door and pulled us away.

"YOU DON'T GET IT!" I screamed, startling everyone in the room except Kaminari.

"Hitoshi, Kaminari, calm down. They're after the students, we can't let more ou-"

"NO! Listen! You don't understand what could happen right now!" I watched as a few tears ran down my best friend's face, shocking my dad and Vlad.

"Look, I understand that your friends are targets, bu-"

"Dad, stop. You don't understand!" I got confused glances for calling him dad, but I didn't care anymore.

"Why did you 2 suddenly get even more worked up?" Vlad asked as he got comfortable in the doorway again.

"Did you hear what he said?! Oh, wait, you probably don't care! You don't know the truth so you think it's nothing! Well guess what? IT'S NOT NOTHING!" Denki clenched his fists as he tried to get out again.

"What are you talking about?" Vlad asked as he tried restraining the struggling blond.

"He said that Katsuki and Izuku were the main targets. At the end before he melted, he was cut off when saying someone's name. We need to make sure that Izuku doesn't ever have to see that person," I tried to calmly explain it to them without needing to spill all of Izuku's secrets.

Now, tears were rolling down my cheeks as I thought of all the scars he had. I knew he'd have them, but I never imagined there'd be so many.

"Ok," I looked up with wide eyes as my dad spoke, "let's go."

Without hesitation, Kaminari and I ran down the halls after him. Almost as soon as we got out, we saw new blue flames light up a little away.

"Shit! I'm betting that's where they are. I hope he brought his contacts."

"Ok, now, just because we're going, doesn't mean you can't start explaining on the way," Dad said as he glanced around.

"It's not our story to tell," I replied as I began running faster than I ever had before with the others right beside me.

"I understand that, but at least give me a briefing on what we're walking into."

Me and Kaminari shared a look before he started talking.

"Don't tell anyone else what we're going to tell you, ok?"

"Unless the situation absolutely needs it, I won't tell anyone," I smiled slightly at his understanding.

"Ok... it's his father. When Izuku was 10, he left after he... abused him since he was 4," I could tell how hard it was for Denki to think about all of this.

"His name is Hisashi Midoriya and his quirk is fire breath. At the mall, his panic attack was triggered from seeing Katsuki's quirk and mentioning his dad. He has an extreme fear of fire," I explained.

"For a good reason. I couldn't believe that scar on his back..."

I looked over and saw Dad in a deep thought. It took a few moments before he spoke up.

"Do either of you know anything about his mother?"

We were taken aback by his question. We hadn't mentioned his mom at all, why is he asking about her?

"... Why?" Kaminari spoke up.

"Whenever I ask about his home life he avoids the questions or answers them vaguely. Now that you've told me a bit about his father, I would like to know about his other parent."

"..."

"..."

I heaved a heavy sigh and decided he should know some.

"She's bedridden."

It would've been funny to see him stumble over his feet if it weren't for such a heavy topic.

"What?" He asked.

"When Izuku was 9, she started getting sick and now she can't even stand. He has to give her injections every morning," Denki elaborated with a downcast face.

"We probably shouldn't say anything else. You know the basics, he can explain the rest in a bit after we take down these villains," I said as we ran into the open field, only to see something I will never unsee.