Chapter 19

≡Izuku POV≡

"GET THOSE PHOTO TAKERS IN THE AIR! IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE LAST ROUND!"

I looked around to see all the side games getting prepared until I spotted the 1A girls.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to Kacchan as I pointed over.

"Yeah, never lump me in with those extras," he said with a sigh.

"I think we all know who's responsible," a soothing and tired voice said from behind us. "Just look at the way he's snickering with the grape dude."

I looked over and sure enough, Denki was laughing beside Mineta as they were yelled at by Yaoyorozu.

"THE 16 STUDENTS FROM THE TOP 4 TEAMS WILL BE DIGGING IT OUT ONE ON ONE IN A TOURNAMENT STYLE FIGHTING COMPETITION! I PROMISE YOU'RE NOT GONNA WANT TO MISS THESE EPIC MATCH UPS!"

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against," Midnight called as everyone stepped up one by one to see who they were up against.

I looked up at the match ups to see that Shinso was up first against a girl named Ibara Shiozaki for 1B who has some sort of vine hair quirk. If he wins, he'll most likely go against Todoroki in the next round. And whoever wins that match, would go against me, if I win my first 2.

I looked over and saw that my first opponent was Denki, how unfortunate for him. Then my next opponent would be either Iida or Mei.

I continued to strategize as I planned my matches.

"Oi, Izu, we have to head up to the balcony so they can build the stage."

"Oh, yeah, sorry Kacchan."

We both started walking up and soon found Kaminari, Hitoshi, and Mei waiting for us in the stairway.

"Took you long enough! You almost missed Hitoshi!" Hatsume yelled as soon as she spotted us.

"Like I care," Kacchan scoffed even though I saw him give a nod for good luck to Shinso.

"Go kick some ass Toshi."

"Thanks Izuku, I'll see you guys after my victory," he waved and walked into his waiting room.

"So, which balcony are we going to go to? Because we have 3 to choose from after Shinso comes back," Denki commented, surprising everyone slightly with his smart questions.

"Let's go to 1A! Everyone in the support course judges us on our babies, they're no fun! No one even willingly helps me test my babies other than Izuku!" Mei said enthusiastically as she started back up the stairs.

"Yeah, I wonder why," I rolled my eyes as I walked after her.

"You better beat that Icy Hot bastard so we can have a real fight," Kacchan smirked as we neared his class.

"We spar all the time, what are you talking about?"

"Yeah, but you never have that contact in, so now I can go all out and finally beat you."

"You've never beaten him?" Denki asked, joining our conversation.

"SHUT UP DUNCE FACE! YOU'LL LOSE IN THE FIRST 10 SECONDS OF YOUR MATCH!"

"What contact?" Mei asked as she leaned closer to my eyes. "I don't see any."

"It's a special contact I made for the sports festival. I made sure to make them undetectable so you can't see them, even with your zoom quirk," I explained.

"Since when did you need glasses?" Kaminari asked as he tilted his head.

"Have you not been listening? They're not for his eyesight, dumbass!"

"Kacchan calm down. I swear, sometimes you get so over protective, it's like you're trying to be my mom or something."

"What do they do? How did you make them? Why can't I see them? Is this the final product or just a prototype?!" Mei began spitting out questions about my contact like crazy until I put my hands up to silence her.

"Uhm... It just makes it so I can't see fire but can still tell it's there? It's hard to explain unless you're wearing them," I scratched the back of my head as I tried to figure out how to word it.

"Why wouldn't you want to see fire?" Kaminari asked and then shrunk back as Kacchan glared daggers at him.

"Uhh... well... I sorta have a giant fear of fire..." I mumbled as I looked down and laughed nervously.

"HUH?!" They both yelled, shocked.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Kacchan screamed, turning the few heads walking by.

"I never would've expected someone from the support course to have a fear of fire, don't you blow up stuff all the time?" Denki asked.

"I always make sure that everything is running smoothly and unlike some people I make sure it's not flammable. It's more practical too," I said, side eyeing Mei a bit.

"Oops," was all she had to say.

"Not to be nosy, but why are you scared of fire?" Denki asked, triggering Kacchan to tell him to mind his own business.

"Izuku," an emotionless voice came from behind me before I could figure out how to reply to Kaminari. I turned around and was shocked to see Todoroki.

"Oh, hey Shoto," I said as the other 3 turned to see the newcomer.

"You better win your first 2 matches so we can fight," he deadpanned.

"I sure as hell wasn't planning on losing. After all, I'm going to win the whole sports festival."

"Hey! You guys make it sound like I won't put up any fight!" Kaminari pouted as I smirked at Shoto.

"No offense Denki, but I have at least 10 different ways I can beat you in the first 10 seconds of our match," I said as I looked over at his insulted face.

"Am I that predictable?!"

"It's not that you're predictable, it's more I'm just really good at planning ahead?" I tried comforting him as he started sulking.

"Hey Icy Hot, you better use that left side of yours. If you're not going to give it your all don't even bother participating. If there is even the slightest chance you can beat Izu, just know that you won't be getting first."

"Stop intimidating him, Kacchan. Let's go and watch Toshi's match, it's about to start," I said as I started walking out to the balcony with Mei, Denki, Kacchan and Shoto close behind.