Chapter 38

≡Izuku POV≡

◃Summer Camp Day 2▸

"Hey Izuku, I think I'm finally willing to try your coffee," Denki said through a yawn as he joined the crowd of tired students.

"You all look like shit," I laughed as my friends glared at me and I took a swig of my coffee. "What? It's just a fact! Technically 5:30 is early for me too!"

"Izu, what time did you actually sleep last night?" Kacchan asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Uhm-"

"I woke up around 4 to use the bathroom and saw you under your blanket with a light on," Hitoshi added with a raised eyebrow.

"WHAT?! So you were up at 4 and aren't tired?!" Kaminari asked as he woke up a bit more.

"In my defence, last night was fairly stressful. Shota kept randomly coming in and glaring at me until I handed over what I was doing," I crossed my arms as I remembered all of the blueprints and notes I had to give him that he has yet to return.

"Good morning class," Aizawa started. "Today we will begin a training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills expedentionally so that each of you earn a provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. Proceed carefully, look alive Bakugo," he tossed a softball over after his short speech.

"Try throwing that for me."

"Yeah, sure," Kacchan scoffed. "Like in the fitness test."

"That's right. When you first started school, your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved."

"Ooh, Shota, you sneaky little shit!" I whispered as I watched Kacchan walk over to prepare his throw.

"Oh I get it! We're checking our progress!" Mina observed.

"A lot's happened to us the last 3 months, maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!" Sero added.

"Not quite," I chuckled to myself as Denki and Hitoshi gave me weird looks.

"I've got this," Kacchan said as he wound up his arm. I snorted as I saw his confidence. "No one blink! GO TO HELL!" He screamed which made me go into a fit of giggles.

The ball was blasted away as I bent over laughing.

"That was 709.6 meters," Shota said as Kacchan's eyes shot open.

There were a few grumbles of disappointment that rang throughout the class.

"All of your improvements from the first semester have been mental prowis and technical skill. As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved much on a fundamental level. That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers," he gave everyone a shit eating grin. "This will be so hard you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive."
__________
"So, what am I supposed to do?" I asked as I walked up to Shota after he had given instructions to everyone else. "I don't exactly have a quirk to work on."

He sighed as he turned to me. "There was a lot of discussion on what to do with you. You have a pretty good fighting style with or without any gear. We decided it'd be best for you to work with Tiger on improving your brute strength."

I hummed in agreement as I walked over to the man.

"So, when you guys say brute strength, am I supposed to use you as a punching bag or something?" I asked with a tilt of my head.

"Ah, you must be Izuku. Not quite," he gave me a cat-like grin as he looked down on me. "It's time for Tiger's Boot Camp! We are going to start with a spar to see where you're at, then a workout, spar, repeat."