Chapter 5

≡3rd Person POV≡

A slim man leaned against the wall of an alleyway, hiding in the shadows. He checked his silver watch, seeing that he was perfectly on time.

When he looked back up, he saw that he was no longer alone.

A couple meters away from him, stood a short figure with a rabbit's mask and static filled eyes.

"Watermelon," the man said, with no hesitation.

"Squid," a deep, intimidating voice came from the other.

The figure opened his bag and took out a small box. He opened it to reveal a slim, silver bracelet. The bracelet was lifted out and the figure tapped it 3 quick times, revealing a small, detailed hologram of the city. He moved his hand through it showing how you can change the angles and zoom in and out.

With the demonstration over, he put it back in the box and pulled out a printed booklet, supposably something similar to an owner's manual.

The slim man chuckled at the booklet and shrugged off the wall. He pulled out a wad of cash from his pocket.

The two began walking towards each other, when they were 2 feet apart, they both stopped. They exchanged the items and walked away, exactly as they always do.

The man looked down at his new accessory and when he looked back up, the figure was gone.

He cracked a smile and shook his head.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Goldberg."

≡Izuku POV≡

I settled down on a rooftop a few blocks away from my rendezvous point and pulled out the cash. I carefully counted it, making sure I had all the money.

I've done business with Kado plenty. He's a regular who has been hiring me basically from the start. I mostly trust him with paying, but you can never be too sure.

Confirming that he paid full, I put the money back in my bag, glanced around to make sure no one could see, took off my mask, put it away and climbed down the fire escape.

Once on the ground, I begin walking the few blocks to the pharmacy.

I'm sure it'd be a little weird to see a teenager walking around at 2am with a bag in a run down area, but, what are you going to do?

When I got to the pharmacy, the sign said it was closed and all the lights were off with the blinds down, but I just walked in.

I was welcomed with an old man behind the counter seemingly organizing different pills.

"Hey there Joe, how's business?" I ask casually as I walk over to the counter.

"Oh, welcome back Izuku. Business has been good, same as always. How's your mother?" He looked up at me as I began digging in my bag.

"She's doing good, her condition is the same, which I guess is good since she's stable, but I wish she'd get better," I frowned as I slid the bulk of my money over to him.

"I'm sorry there isn't anything better I can give you. If I hear about anything, you'll be the first person I tell," he gave me a small close eyed smile.

"Thanks Joe, I'll see you around," I wave to him and I walk out knowing that that only made a small dent in my growing debt.
__________
"Kacchan! If you're so worried about me being tired then hurry your ass up so we can get to the cafe faster!" I yelled after I interrupted Kacchan's ramble about my sleep schedule.

The first thing he asked when he saw me was when I went to bed last night. I hadn't gotten home until around 3am and then I got a new order from a new customer that I started to plan out, so I hadn't gone to bed until around 5.