Chapter 55

Shout out to zumzum03327 and just_the_gay_cousin for flashback scene

≡Izuku POV≡

"I think it's still too early. Maybe another week-"

"I'm fine Kacchan. Recovery Girl made damn sure I actually slept so she could heal me properly," I smiled at my friend as I swung my legs on the hospital bed.

It has been 3 weeks since what is now known as the 'Kamino Incident..' Original, right?

All Might's true form had been shown to the whole world after he defeated All For One.

After we had gotten onto the road, we ran and found Shota already on his way to us. He was then able to arrest Hisashi and guaranteed that he would not be getting out of jail.

We all immediately rushed to the hospital where Recovery Girl was already waiting. I was put into a medically induced coma for a week to give my body rest since I already barely had energy even before I was taken.

When I woke up, I had professional stitches in my back and new bandages all over my body.

My one bicep had a large splotch, but all the bones were back in place and it was in a sling. The other hand had a few scars that will forever remind me of my mother's last moments.

Kacchan, Shoto, Denki, Mei and Hitoshi have basically moved into the hospital to be with me. Somehow, they had found a way to sneak in after visitor hours and claimed the empty beds in the empty room as their own. I have a feeling Shota had something to do with it.

They had been withholding my kidnapping from Mei at Shota's request, but when I was back, they told her and she has refused to leave since.

Tokoyami, Shoji, and Yaoyorozu have been here almost every day to visit me, which came as a surprise to me at first. Denki had told me that they had all been a huge help with my rescue and wanted me back as much as they did.

The rest of 1A had come by one day and gave me a melon. I was pretty confused about the unique gift, but I couldn't say no to the food. A few of my classmates came on their own or in small groups after.

After Dabi was confronted by the heroes, he had come out as being Touya. There was a large case that was still going on by the time I came out of my coma. I had testified for him to not be arrested and explained how he was actually a good person who regrets what he did and helped me.

Apparently, I played a big part in court by sticking up for him. Now, he is just going to be monitored indefinitely and have community service at a hospital. Luckily for him, the hospital is the one both me and Rei are in, so now he is beginning to reconnect with his mother and siblings.

⁜Flashback⁜

"I think that went pretty well," I sighed as I walked out of the courtroom with Shoto by my side.

The hero commission had been trying to keep Dabi being Touya Todoroki, the kid who went missing and was pronounced dead years ago, on the down low so only people directly related to the case were allowed there.

Kacchan didn't take it too well, especially since I'm not fully recovered.

"I can't believe he's been alive all this time..." For someone who just found out his brother was alive and became a villain just to help one of his friends who was just kidnapped and then put on trial, I think Shoto is taking this pretty good.

We walked out of court and to the side of the building, trying to stay out of view from the road to attract less attention while we waited for Shota to come pick us up.