Chapter 14

≡Izuku POV≡

I slid down the wall as soon as I walked in, trying to breathe and get my thoughts under control.

I can't believe I'm freaking out this much over just hearing his name.

I pulled my knees into my chest and hugged them as my mind continued it's horror show.

⁜Flashback⁜

I carefully crept out of Mom's room, being as quiet as I could. Today is Friday, I know there's no point trying to hide, he always finds me.

I'm 9 years old now. Mom has started to get a little sick from all the stress. I'm worried about her, every day she gets a little worse and I don't know what to do.

My worried mind halted as I heard the door open and slam shut.

I heard random grumblings, something about a bet. He started stomping towards the hallway that I was trying to walk through. Hearing him get closer, I began to panic and walk faster, but not fast enough.

He grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me down to the ground. I fell with a slight yelp as my back collided with the hard ground.

"SHUT UP! WHY ARE YOU MAKING SO MUCH NOISE?!" He snarled as he began kicking my gut.

I scrunched up from the pain, curling into a ball to try and protect my stomach. He continued to kick my back and limbs, even my face. The pain throbbed through my body. Every beat my heart took would send out a new wave of pain.

I quietly whimpered as he stepped on my head, twisting his shoe over my ear.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" His throat began to glow as he prepared his quirk.

He let little dribbles of flames leak on my arms as they singed my skin.

Suddenly, he opened his mouth, letting all the fire pour over my back, melting my clothes and letting it boil over my scorched skin.

I tried biting my lip to stop my screams, but after 5 seconds of the constant burning, I let some slip out.

My skin felt like it was melting off my body over and over again and sizzling over my insides.

⁜Flashback End⁜

≡Katsuki POV≡

I walked into the staff room and looked around, making sure to close the door fully so no one would interrupt.

In the corner of the room beside the door, Izuku was curled up in a ball gripping his hair and whimpering while rocking back and forth.

This isn't good.

I slowly walked over to him and crouched down a foot away.

"Izu... It's ok, he's not here," I slowly reached out and put my hand on his head and ruffled his hair. At first he flinched, but then stopped whimpering and slowed his rocking.

"You're safe Izu, I'm here for you. You're in the cafe, he's not here," I whispered sweet nothings into his ear as I scooted closer to him, wrapping him in a side hug.

"K-Kacchan," he whispered out as he shifted and leaned into my shoulder. "I-i'm scared... What if h-he comes back?"

"I'll protect you. I'll make sure that bastard never lays another finger on you."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

He slowly calmed down after and fell asleep. I carefully took off his apron and visor and put him on my back. I walked out of the staff room to see the cafe empty with his boss behind the counter. She simply waved at us as I walked out.