Chapter 42

≡Izuku POV≡

“Well, that happened,” Tokoyami was the first to speak up as the rest of the group stayed gawking at where the strange girl once stood.

“Uhm-”

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?” Kacchan screamed as he turned to me.

“Yeah, how did you do that? And why did you do that?” Shoji asked, glancing at me.

“While I’m grateful you guys came here, that was a little extreme, ribbit,” Tsu added as she checked on Uraraka.

“Please, never do anything like that again,” Shoto looked at me with a concerned look.

“Uhm, see, that’s not exactly how I meant it to go…” I trailed off as I looked away from their concerned gazes.

I didn’t mean for that to turn her on. But, I did mean for it to wreck her hands like that.

“We can talk about this later, right now we need to move,” Shoji instructed after we checked up on the 2 girls.

“Yes, come join our group. We’re trying to get back to camp while protecting Bakugo and Izuku. Izuku found out they were both high targets on the list,” Tokoyami briefly explained.

“How did you find that ou-” Tsu was interrupted when I made a small yelp after something hit my head.

“What the hell?” I bent down and picked up a small blue marble.

“That’s strange,” a new voice came in.

We all looked over to a man in a long coat with a mask and top hat standing on a tree branch above us.

“First I see a giant puddle of blood even though none of you seem too injured, and now my quirk isn’t working?” He asked as he held up 2 more marbles.

I subtly handed Uraraka and Asui a quirk block bracelet each and they clasped them on.

“You threw this marble?” I asked as I looked at it a bit closer.

“Why yes, yes I did. It appears however, that my quirk isn’t working on you…” he trailed off as he threw the other 2 marbles. They shot straight in a blink of an eye as they flew to either side of me.

I released a small breath I had been holding when I heard 2 yelps from the people who were hit.

So they’re after Tokoyami too, huh?

“That’s enough,” Todoroki slammed his foot down shooting a glacier of ice at the distracted villain.

He still managed to jump away in a scrambled hurry and left us.

“Let’s go,” Shoto began to run, but I stopped him with my good arm.

“There’s no point. Chances are he’s retreating to their meet up spot because he thinks there’s something wrong with his quirk. Although I hate to say it, if we follow, there’ll be too many villains for us to fight.”

“Izu’s right. We should just focus on getting back to camp,” Kacchan interjected as he looked around, confused.

“What’s wrong Bakugo?” Uraraka asked as she also noticed him.

“Anyone know where the hell the camp is?”

__________

“Well, we’re lost, ribbit,” Tsu pointed out the obvious as we continued to walk through bushes and past trees, trying to find the path.

“We’ve been walking for a few minutes, we should find the path soon,” Tokoyami said as he stepped over a large root.

“Hey what gives?! Weren’t you supposed to get at least 3?! Oh my god! Toga are you ok?! Your hands! What happened?! Who did this to you? Serves you right you crazy bitch! I’ll kill them!” We heard a voice to the right of us.

It was a villain talking to the girl we saw before.

We all glanced at each other. Some looked like they didn’t want to go, others did. Surprisingly, Kacchan was one who didn’t.

I gave everyone a firm look and then started to silently creep towards the arguing voices.

“You’re looking a little too happy right now! Strange, shouldn’t you be full of shame and pain?” A male voice that kept changing pitch and tone asked.

“Yeah, but I made some new friends! And I found a cute boy I’m interested in! I can’t help but feel happy whenever I look at my hands! He’s the one who did it!” The blond girl, Toga, squealed.

It made me feel uncomfortable knowing that she was referring to me.

“What are we going to do about your hands, Crazy? It’ll make your roles a lot harder to play if you can’t hold anything,” another man with a gravelly voice shot up.

We finally got close enough to see the trio. It was the girl, a tall man with black hair and burn scars covering parts on his body that I made the exchange with, and another man in a grey and black skin suit.

“We should dispose of her! It’s fine, we’ll figure something out! If we don’t do something, Shigaraki will have all of our heads! We need to make sure nothing happens to her!” The skin suit man said.

“Shut up Twice, I already know all of that,” the burnt man sighed as he looked up at the sky.

“Ah, I see you are all already here,” the man with the marbles leapt down and greeted the others.

“Did you get the targets, Compress?” The burnt man seemed to be the leader of the group.

“Unfortunately, something was going on with my quirk. It wasn’t working on any of the targets. I had to flee because they began attacking me.”

“So another fail?” He let out another sigh as he looked around.

“I wouldn’t call it a failure, Dabi, you should lighten up! Yup! We all failed! We all suck… OH NO! WE’RE ALL DEAD! I’m sure they’ll understand,” Twice kept rambling as the others stood around like they were waiting.

Dabi kept glancing around with a contemplating look on his face, until his eyes landed on our bush.

“We got company,” he said as he brought his arm up in front of his face.

The others all looked over to where he was looking and saw us.

“Shit.”