Chapter 17

≡Izuku POV≡

"Prepare yourselves... For this!" Midnight yelled, revealing the second round.

"Cavalry battle? I'm terrible at those!" Denki pouted as he saw what we were doing next.

We listened to Midnight as she explained the rules and point based system.

"Ooh, poor Todoroki, everyone is going to be gunning for him. Aren't you glad you got second now?" I asked Kacchan as he stared at Shoto.

"Yeah, that Icy Hot bastard has it in for himself now," he scoffed, before his face morphed into a mischievous grin. "But don't get the wrong idea. By the end, I'll have that headband."

When we were told to start forming teams, I immediately joined up with Kacchan and went to find the rest of our team. We ended up teaming up with Hitoshi and Denki, which was expected, and Mei ran off to join Todoroki.

Somehow, I ended up as the rider with Kacchan in front and Kaminari and Shinso in the back.

"You promise you guys won't drop me?" I asked as Kacchan lifted me up with a small yelp to prove his point.

"Calm down Izu, the amount of times I've carried you by myself without dropping you should reassure you. Besides, you're really light."

"Why are you walking around carrying Izuku so much?" Shinso asked with a lifted eyebrow.

"Shut up! That's none of your business. Besides, we should be figuring out a strategy."

"I think the strategy is pretty simple really. We run around using Toshi's quirk to brainwash at least one of the team members, steal their headband in the confusion, and move on. I have a few inventions for you guys if we ever need to book it out of there, and Kacchan and Denki will be back ups and defense," I lazily explained. Honestly, it was the obvious way to go. I don't understand why everyone is looking at me like I said I have a twin growing in my back.

"You already planned all of that?" Kaminari looked at me with his jaw slack.

"Yeah..?" I'm starting to wonder how this team would've worked out if I wasn't here.

We went over a few different tactics and scenarios as I explained and handed out a few gadgets to each of them. As we were just finishing off, Midnight gave us the 1 minute warning and told us to get ready.

"COME ON! EVERYONE, GET YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! IT'S TIME FOR AN ARENA PUMPING BATTLE ROYALE! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! ONE FINAL COUNTDOWN BEFORE THE GAME STARTS!"

"You ready?" I asked my team as I tightened my headband one more final time to make sure it didn't fall.

"Yeah!" Kaminari yelled as he prepared himself, with Shinso nodding on my other side.

"3!"

"Are you sure about this Izu?" Kacchan quietly asked me as he glanced back at me with a worried look.

"2!"

"Don't worry Kacchan, I'm prepared for this," I gave him a reassuring smile as I pointed at my right eye where I put a contact to make it unable to see fire. He nodded and turned back around.

"1!"

"Let's kick some ass boys!"

"Begin!!"

As expected, everyone immediately went after Todoroki's team. We charged towards him too, going with the crowd. As I predicted, he used his ice and tried to freeze everyone.

"Now!" I called out to my team as they all clicked the same button on their remotes, making them begin to float up, carrying me with them.

We were a little shaky at the start since it was their first time using the gadgets, but they quickly found a rhythm and started heading towards the nearest team, snatching their headband.