Chapter 20

≡Izuku POV≡

"YES TOSHI!!" I yelled as I ran up to Shinso and hugged him after his match. "You did so good! That looked so badass! You finished it so quickly!"

"Thanks Izuku, now can you get off me, I can't breathe."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Here, as a small prize for winning," I pulled a random cup of my famous coffee. "Don't worry, I made sure to put a shit load of creamer in for you."

"Thanks."
__________
"No hard feelings Denki, but, I gotta win," I said as I shook hands with Kaminari. He had a wavering smile on his face, but a determined look in his eyes.

"Ready boys?!" Midnight called. We both nodded and she cracked her whip. "BEGIN!"

Instantly, Kaminari reached down and sent out a shock of electricity. I quickly pulled out 2 metal toothpicks. I pricked my fingers on them and they expanded into lightning rods that I threw beside him.

All of the electricity from his blast was attracted to the rods until he had nothing left and was left brain dead.

"Kami, I told you to not use all of your power in one move right away," I sighed as I walked over and dragged him out of bounds.

"The winner is Izuku Midoriya from the support course!" Midnight cheered.

"Hey Nemuri, do you mind just calling me Izuku? Drop the last name?" I asked as I started pulling Denki off the stage.

"Oh, yeah, sure thing."

I walked to Recovery Girl's room and dropped Denki off before going back to the balcony.

Shoto had won his fight against Sero, which was the obvious outcome. Mei was talking about how she's just going to use Iida to market her 'babies' and then forfeit. That means that I'll be going against Iida next.

"Good job Izuku," Hitoshi congratulated me as he sipped his coffee.

"Where did those rods come from?" Shoto asked me as he watched Iida and Hatsume walk out.

"My pocket," I deadpanned.

"You totally kicked that knockoff Pikachu's ass!" Kacchan barked as I sat down beside him, pulling a random coffee cup out of nowhere.

We started watching the match, but after the first 5 minutes of advertisement, we just started talking with Denki joining us half way through. Surprisingly, Todoroki added his own comments in our conversations.

The rounds continued until it was finally Kacchan's turn. He was against Uraraka who had a gravity quirk.

I got pretty riled up when the crowd started booing him for beating up a girl. He wasn't even actually going all out on her! Why should he have to hold back just because she's a girl? Villains aren't going to.

Soon enough, it was Hitoshi and Shoto's match.

I felt pretty bad for Shinso when Todoroki just didn't reply to him after picking up on what his quirk is.

I felt disappointed when I saw that Shoto didn't use his fire, but at the same time, he didn't really need to in the match.

"Well, I'm off!" I said as I walked out of the room and down to the waiting room. I got a few 'good luck's from my friends and soon enough I was called out to the field.

"Good luck Iida, and, no hard feelings," I smirked as I put on a pair of glasses that immediately started up.

"I wish you luck as well!" He yelled, chopping his arms as he powered up his engines.

"Ready? BEGIN!" Midnight cracked her whip and Iida immediately shot forward.

I decided to show off a bit and jump up and over him. He screeched to a halt just before going out of bounds and turned around only for me to land right on him and pin him down.

"Make this a bit easier for the both of us and forfeit. It'd be pretty embarrassing for me to have to flip you out when you're already pinned," I sighed as I watched him squirm under my tight grip until he finally gave up.

"I... I give up."

I got off of him and helped him up. We began walking back, congratulating each other until he had to leave to get a phone call.

"HOLY SHIT IZUKU! YOU LOOKED LIKE YOU FLEW WHEN YOU JUMPED!" I was welcomed into the balcony with a smiling Denki, smirking Kacchan, coffee drinking Hitoshi, blabbering Mei, monotone Shoto, and shocked 1A class.

"You really don't believe in giving the audience a show do you?" Shinso raised an eyebrow at me. Sometimes I feel like he'll take any opportunity to raise his eyebrows.

"Of course he doesn't! He's always been practical," Kacchan huffed as he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, well now I'm totally fucked," I ran a hand through my hair as I smiled at Todoroki, shockingly, he smiled back.

"You looked so cool out there! When you pinned him down, you looked so hot!" Mina yelled as she ran over to me.

"Uhm.."

"BACK OFF PINKY! GET YOUR SHAMELESS ASS AWAY FROM HIM!" Kacchan screeched as he stood up on his chair.

"Ooh~ someone jealous?" Denki asked as the room grew dead silent, until I burst out laughing.

"You got a fucking death wish Dunce Face?" Kacchan growled as he stepped closer with Denki running behind me.

"Damn, the Pikachu has some balls saying that right to his face!" Hitoshi said, clutching his stomach from laughing.

"WANT TO SAY THAT AGAIN EYEBAGS?!?!"

"I'm not going to lie Katsuki," not Mei too, "but your nicknames are pretty basic. Goggles? Eyebags? Pinky? Dunce Face? Glasses? Shitty Hair? Are you just naming things about our appearance? At least Izuku's is related to his name, even if you just cut out half."

"I don't care what you think of what I call you! I just picked the first thing I first noticed about you!" He yelled as he turned to Hatsume. "And Izu is different," he crossed his arms and sat back down.

"I mean, it's not just him, Izuku either shortens your name or calls you by your first name out of nowhere," Shinso pointed out.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with that! Everyone calls me by my first name, so why can't I do the same?!" I argued as I stood up off the floor and walked over to sit by my friends.

"We don't really have a choice, you've never told us your last name," Kaminari pointed out. I swear, he can be smart at the worst times.

"Weren't you announced as like... Midiryo? Midoray?" Mei asked as she tried to remember.

"Midoriya," Shoto corrected, making me cringe.

"Ehhh... Don't call me that," I said as I looked over at Todoroki, who just shrugged.

"I told you he has a secretive side!" Mina called as she walked out of the room to head to her match.

"Why don't you want us calling you that?" Denki asked with a head tilt.

"Uhhh... I don't really have the best relationship with that side of my family?" I didn't want to lie to them, but I didn't feel like recounting my life story for a second time today, surrounded by a class I barely know.

Luckily for me, they dropped the subject with a few questionable looks and continued watching.

Soon enough, it was Kacchan's turn and he looked like he enjoyed his fight against Ejiro. He won, of course, and it was on to the semi finals.

"I'll see you down there, Shoto. You better give me a good fight"

"I could say the same to you."