Chapter 6

≡Izuku POV≡

◃Entrance Exams Day▸

Today is the day. Me and Kacchan are taking the entrance exams to UA High today.

We've been training and studying together for the past 10 months. Of course, he trains his quirk alone, and I usually invent by myself.

I had actually gotten a part time job at the new cafe we had gone to. It's been helping to pay my bills while my other job pays solely for my mom's medication debt. My boss is really nice and gave me a really flexible schedule since I'm a student.

As Kacchan and I approached UA, we couldn't help but stare a little at just how big the campus was. It's probably 10 times the size of our middle school at least.

We wished each other luck as we went off to our separate exam rooms. My exam was a written test with an extra part involving a safety test, and a blueprint sketch and mini model of a simple support item.

I totally aced it. I finished with half the time still remaining, so I decided to decorate my mini model.

I got quite a few glances from the other examinees when I began adding small details to my mini model of a shape shifting motorcycle, slightly referenced off the pre-quirk hero batman's batmobile.

I did, however, notice another student who finished fairly quickly who had begun making other models completely unrelated to the exam. She had a crazed look in her golden eyes and a creepy grin smeared across her face. I think we could be friends.

When we were finally let out, I saw that I got a text from Kacchan saying he has to do a practical that will take a while and that I could head home without him.

Yeah right.

I walked over to the faux city where Kacchan was and saw that they were almost done, so I decided to wait.

I closed my eyes and leaned against a wall as I listened to all the commotion coming from the students just on the other side.

When the exam was finally done, I saw Kacchan get dragged to a tent by Recovery Girl. Probably sprained his wrists from all those explosions. As I had just begun to close my eyes again, I caught purple ones staring at me, looking confused.

"Can I help you?" I asked lazily, making the boy walk over to me. He had matching purple hair that stuck straight up and dark eye bags that were almost as bad as mine. A giant plus, he smelled like coffee.

"How did you get out of the city so fast?" He asked. His voice was pretty soothing.

"Easy, I never went in," this made him cock an eyebrow at me. "I didn't take the exam."

"Then why are you here?"

"Waiting for a friend."

"You came all the way here to wait for your friend?"

"Yup."

There was a bit of a silence, he seemed to not know what else to say.

"You smell nice."

"Excuse me?" He asked, shocked. The look on his face was priceless. I smiled as I continued to tease him.

"Your voice is really soothing too."

"I- uh-" he began to get flustered.

"What? Never gotten a compliment before?" I chuckled. Man, this guy looks so confused!

"Well- uh- not really?" He cleared his throat, seemingly trying to find his composure. "Do you just go around and compliment strangers without knowing anything about them? You don't know anything about me."

"Sure I do. You smell like coffee, you have a nice voice, and judging by those bags, you seem to be an insomniac. Besides, you don't seem like a bad guy."

"You sure?"

"Yup."

"You don't even know my name or quirk."

"Well, if you're so eager for me to know, then do tell?" This seemed to make him a little uncomfortable, strange.

"I'm Hitoshi Shinso, and my quirk... is brainwashing," now, this perked my interest.

"That explains a lot..." I mumbled, although he heard. There was a look that crossed his face like he was trying to mentally prepare for my next words. "Of course a cutie like you would have a quirk that you need to get someone to do something for. Your voice is really nice, so it must have something to do with talking. Man, knowing this society, that must've been a pain in the ass growing up with," I sighed.

"What?" He looked awe struck at my words.

"Yeah, it's a really cool quirk that fits you pretty well from what I've seen and could be really helpful if you want to be a hero, as you clearly do, since you know, you're at the exams to get into the hero course."

"You don't think it's villainous..? Or that.. I'm a villain..?" He mumbled looking at his feet.

"HUH?! How the hell would that thought even come to my mind? The most average quirks can be used by villains. There's no such thing as a villainous quirk. And like I said earlier, you don't seem like a bad guy, Toshi."

"Toshi?"

"Yup, Toshi."

"Well, thanks. That really means a lot...?"

"Izuku," I smiled as I stood up straight getting off the wall.

We talked a bit about the exams and ended up exchanging numbers before I spotted Kacchan coming out of the recovery tent and left.

"I'll see you in UA, Toshi!" I called as I ran to Kacchan.

"Hey Izu, how'd your exam g-" Kacchan started but I quickly interrupted him by grabbing his wrists.

"How the hell did you overuse your quirk enough to need to go to recovery girl?" I looked at his fully healed arms. "Whoa, she fully healed you? That's so cool!"

"Of course, you'd be interested in her quirk Izu," he rolled his eyes at me as he allowed me to keep looking at his arms.

Eventually, we began walking back talking about how we figured we both passed.

"Awwh! Did my little Izu make a friend?" Kacchan teased as he ruffled my hair.

"Cut it out Kacchan! Jeez! Sometimes you act like you're my mom!" I swatted his hand away and punched his arm playfully.

"Yeah, yeah. Now, don't you have a shift at the cafe starting soon or..?" He nudged me.

"Oh shit! I totally forgot! I'll talk to you tonight! Bye Kacchan!" I yelled as I ran off to go to my job, hoping I wouldn't be late.