Chapter 45

≡3rd Person POV≡

"It's ok Kacchan, I'll be fine. Don't worry too much about me, ok?" Izuku gave a small smile before he was fully enclosed in the warp gate that immediately disappeared.

The group of 7 stood in silence for a minute trying to process what happened.

"That's what you always say..." Katsuki whispered before he fell to the ground and let out a scream of frustration.

Todoroki, Denki, and Hitoshi stood, watching their friend scream his heart out with rivers of tears streaming down their own cheeks.

"Problem child..." Shota lowered his head as he mind began to flood with scenarios that he could've done something different to have a different outcome.

"W-we should head back to camp," Shoji suggested after a few minutes.

"Yeah, people are probably worried..." Tokoyami shook his head, clearing his thoughts.
__________
"Guys! They're back!" Kirishima shouted as he ran outside with the rest of the students and Vlad King following.

"Thank goodness you guys are back! Are you ok?" Ojiro asked as he ran over.

The group walked in silence with their heads lowered, not wanting to show their red eyes.

"Hey... are you guys ok?" Jiro asked as she noticed their strange behavior.

"Yeah, what happened?" Kendo interjected.

"U-uhm, where's Izuku?" Mina's voice quivered as she glanced around them trying to prove her rampaging theories wrong.

Everyone grew silent as they stared at the group of 7 that should've been 8.

"Maybe he's just a little behind?" Sero asked with a shaky voice as he tried to smile.

"Yeah, he had a broken arm so maybe he was lagging behind... ribbit?" Tsu tried to convince herself.

"No," Shoto whispered as he looked away even more.

"No? What do you mean?" Vlad King asked.

"H-he didn't fall behind," Shinso wiped at his eyes as the tears began to pool over again.

"D-did you leave him there so he wouldn't have to walk?" Uraraka slowly asked.

"NO! HE'S GONE! THAT BASTARD TOOK HIM!" Denki screamed at the others as he began to sob.

He was pulled into a hug by Hitoshi as he cried into his shoulder, letting his tears soak Hitoshi's shirt.

The students were shocked by his outburst given that he was usually so happy. Everyone slowly began to understand that their classmate had been kidnapped by villains.

They all stood in silence besides the sobs and sniffs.

◃LoV Base▸
"What the hell took you so long?" Shigaraki turned in his barstool as the last portal finally opened revealing a bored looking Hisashi and barely conscious Izuku.

"I was just having a little fun," Hisashi sighed as he tossed the greenette at the wall, smiling at the grunt he received from him.

"This ass just wouldn't leave. That got too close too many times," Dabi sneered as he walked over to the wall and leaned against it with his arms crossed.

"It all worked out, so what's the problem?" Hisashi let out a breathy laugh as Dabi clenched his jaw.

"Watch your mouth Hisashi. Just because you're old friends with Master doesn't mean that you can't turn into an enemy," Shigaraki hissed as he took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, yeah," Hisashi waved him off as he walked out of the room.

"Dabi, would you mind taking our guest to his room?" Kurogiri asked as he began wiping a glass behind the bar.

The burnt man let out a grunt as he shrugged off the wall and walked over to the fallen boy.

He gently picked him up, trying to be mindful of his back and arm. The duo exited the room and walked down a set of stairs until they reached a hallway with a few metal doors.

Dabi opened the first one and walked into the small concrete room that only had a small dirty mattress and no windows.

"You awake kid?" He whispered as he laid him down on the mattress, stomach down.

Izuku let out a small squeak that probably was supposed to be a hum of sorts.

"How's your back and arm?"

Again, his only response was a squeak.

"I'll be back," he walked out of the room for a few minutes before coming back. He bent down and took out an ointment.

Izuku slowly opened his eyes to try and see what the villain was doing.

"This'll sting like hell, but it'll be better tomorrow. Just try to sleep and don't move too much," before Izuku could reply, he gently grabbed his bent up arm and straightened it, sending a shock of pain up his arm.

Dabi continued to straighten his arm until it looked normal. He tried to ignore the cries from the teenager as he placed a skinny plank of wood against his arm and tied it on with medical tape. He completely wrapped it up and then moved onto his burnt back.

He tried to gently smear an ointment over, but feeling the hot flaky bits of skin left only made him remember his own burns.

After about an hour of treatment, Dabi stood and looked down at the bandaged boy. His arm, back, and head all had bandages. The greenette had fallen asleep and layed peacefully on the flat mattress.

"It's not much, but it's the best I can do for now, get some rest kid."