Chapter 48

≡3rd Person POV≡
◃LoV Base▸

Compress and Dabi could only watch as Izuku was ruthlessly beaten by his own flesh and blood.

Hisashi continuously kicked his son in the stomach as he laid there, adding in his quirk and letting fire slowly leak over and flow down his back, incinerating the bloody bandages away and melting his skin.

The teenager barely made a noise. He laid there, taking the hits and fire, with his eyes squeezed shut and jaw clenched for the whole 5 minutes.

"Isn't this great Zuki? It's just like old times! We can do this all the time again!" The fire breather hysterically laughed as he continued.

"Alright, times up, for now," All For One came back onto the screen, making the brunette huff after one last kick and walk away.

Compress walked over and tried to lift the boy back onto the chair without agitating his many forming bruises. He frowned behind his mask as he saw the state his face was in. He had a busted lip, bleeding nose, and forming black eye.

"So, Midoriya, have you changed your mind yet?"

In response, Izuku just spat out a glob of blood at the TV.

"..."

There was a long silence with the only noise being Izuku's ragged breaths and the hum of the monitor.

"Maybe this time we'll make it 20 minutes. Hisashi?" He turned off the video and the grinning man walked in, bringing with him a few different tools.

≡Katsuki POV≡
◃Hitoshi's Room▸

"Morning," I stretched on my futon as I looked over at Eyebags who was just lying there staring at the ceiling with a sleeping Dunce Face sprawled over him.

"Good morning," he looked over at me with a tired look. I wonder if he even slept at all. I only got a few hours myself.

He sat up, nudging Denki to wake him up and get him off.

"Huh..?" He slowly opened his eyes and looked around, taking in his surroundings before he realized the position he was in.

He quickly shot up with a pink face as he looked away and mumbled an apology.

"It's fine, let's go eat. It's already 8, Pa- Mic is up by now," he suggested with a red face as he stood up.

We all stood up until another voice spoke up and scared us all.

"I see you all finally woke up."

"HOLY SHIT!" Hitoshi yelled as he jumped and hit his leg on his nightstand.

"Oh, almost forgot you were here too," I mumbled as I looked at IcyHot on the other side of the room on a second futon.

"That's hurtful Katsuki," he stood up and we all walked out to the kitchen, following the humming and savoury smell.

"Hey there little listeners! You want an omelet?" Present mic asked as he turned around and looked at us.

"You got hot sauce?" I asked as I sat at the counter.

"Yup!"

"Dump the whole bottle into mine."

"Hold the onions for me," Kaminari yawned.

"Extra cheese like always," Shinso ordered as he sat down.

"I'll just have however you make it, thank you," Todoroki sat at the nearby table as Mic started making all of our orders.

"Why are you all up so early? We didn't get back until 2, shouldn't you all still be asleep?" Aizawa asked as he walked into the room in all black pj's with all their cats following behind him like some sort of cult.

"Eh," I shrugged as I was handed my red omelet and added more hot sauce.

We all ate with the odd small talk, mostly being Present Mic. The cats seemed to be drawn to Shoto and kept trying to climb on him, and he'd just freeze and stare as they did what they wished.

"Is there any news from the hero commission?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"We're having a meeting after lunch today about a plan. They've been investigating the League for a while now and think they might've found another location where he could be."

"What about the public? Do they know anything?" Denki asked as he finished his eggs.

"No, we're keeping everything as closed off as we can. I believe it got leaked that there was a villain attack, but most people are passing it off as a rumor."

"Should we tell Mei?" Hitoshi asked as he looked at me and Dunce Face.

"Although she deserves to know, it'd be best if we didn't get her involved. Besides, we'll get him back before she needs to know," Shota reassured us.

"Hey, Todoroki? If you don't want the cats on you, I can help you," we looked over at Shoto after Present Mic offered his help.

He sat frozen, with his omelet barely touched and all 4 cats climbing on him. There was 1 on his feet, 2 on his lap, and 1 on his head, swatting his mismatched hair.

"Why do they like you so much? They run away whenever I try to touch them," Kaminari pouted as Hitoshi laughed.

"I don't mind, this is rather comfortable," he ignored Dunce Face as he replied to Mic.

"You know you can move right?" Shota asked as he observed his stillness.

"Oh," he slowly moved his arm again only for the cat on his head to whack his eye.

Hitoshi fell off his chair, laughing at his shocked face.

Denki pouted more as he watched the cats.

I snorted at the cats' demanding behavior.

"Nevermind, I guess you can't move," Aizawa corrected himself as he sipped his coffee.

Seeing him sip his coffee and slowly frown with a sad look in his eyes made me remember Izuku.

Here we are laughing and joking around, while he's probably being tortured. Who knows what they're doing to him right now?

Just hang in there Izu, we'll get you back as soon as we can.