Chapter 52

≡Izuku POV≡
◃LoV Base▸

I didn't care when my schedule was flipped and I was walked down the ominous hallway in the morning to get a quirk instead of getting rid of one.

I didn't care about Afo's speech about how it was my fault she died and how if I had joined earlier she would still be here.

I didn't care when he said that he'd continue the quirk transfers whether I'm grieving or not.

I didn't care when he said I wouldn't be allowed any food even though all I've been getting are stale bread and some sort of old broth with moldy potatoes.

I didn't care when the almost familiar pain came back full force and I felt sharp wings pierce my spin and change my bone structure.

I didn't care when Dabi tried to console and distract me.

I just want it to all end.

≡Shoto POV≡
◃Hitoshi's House▸

It's finally happening.

We're going to get him back.

Shota had just left with Cockatoo. They're going to a conference and joining the rescue party.

It took a long time to get Shota to agree to being on TV as a diversion instead of at the raid with Cockatoo.

We had also began to call them Shota and Cockatoo. We didn't want to use Cockatoo's real first name, so we gave him a nickname instead.

"You guys ready?" Hitoshi asks as he downs a cup of coffee with a triple shot of espresso.

Everyone nodded as we walked out in our group of 6.

We walked to the train and rode it down to Kamino. This is where the receiver is telling us to go. The heroes are all going to a bar except a few. They claimed this is a Nomu factory, but Shota said to come here just in case, since there's less heroes if he is here.

At Katsuki's request, we all got strange clothing that are meant to be disguises.

I had a light blue dress shirt with a red tie and white blazer and pants. Hitoshi had his hair brushed down, a fitted salmon dress shirt and slim black dress pants. Denki had his hair slicked back, black shades, a white dress shirt, black vest, bow tie, and pants. Katsuki had a dark red dress shirt, black tie, dark blue pants and his vest had flowers on the sides. Shoji had a tight blue shirt, unbuttoned grey blazer and pants. Tokoyami had the same but his shirt was red while the rest was black.

"It looks like we're going to walk the red carpet," Shoji commented as we all stared at each other.

"At least we look good?" Denki offered with a shrug.

Some people may say I can be oblivious, but I know for a fact that both Hitoshi and Denki were checking each other out and blushing at their own times without the other noticing.

Hah, young love.

"Let's get going, the pros will be attacking in half an hour. Should be enough time for us," we all nodded as we began to follow Katsuki through the city.

"Remember, we're not supposed to actually fight, so as soon as we get close enough, we have to be quiet," Hitoshi reminded us as he flicked his hair out of his annoyed face.

"It's just down this alleyway," Katsuki stopped and pointed across the street.

"Since we're early and there's a vending machine literally right here, does anyone mind spotting me?" Kaminari asks innocently.

I handed him some of the cash I had stolen from my old man and everyone got some drinks.

≡Izuku POV≡
◃AFO Office▸

"Are the student's parents aware of their child's kidnapping?" A random reporter asked through the TV I was being forced to watch.

Shota, Vlad King, and Nezu were all at a press conference that was being broadcasted. Apparently, they had kept my kidnapping hidden from the public until yesterday.

"You see that? They must've forgotten about you and then remembered they needed to say something. Pitiful, really. Instead of saving or searching for you, they spill lies and hollow promises to the public."

I'm not really sure what the point in showing me this is. I don't even know if I want to be rescued. Maybe it'd be better if I just di-

Nope! Not going down there again! Mom said she was proud! She would not be proud if I joined her the next day!

"Well, I'm sure those wings must be bugging you. Seems knives are not the best substitute for feathers unless you have armour," he chuckled to himself as he pulled me up by my face, completely disregarding my sliced, bloodied bandages covering my body.

The pain started to dull again. The calm before the storm.

Then the lightning began to strike me like I'm the tallest lightning rod ever invented.

I'm pretty sure I have a few broken teeth from the amount of times I've clenched my jaw to stop my screams. I refuse to 'sing' for them. Not after what they did to Mom.

I'd rather be tortured and die a slow and painful death before I start working for the people who murdered her.

And from the looks of it, that might come true.

After what feels like an eternity, but Dabi has told me it's only about 2-6 minutes, I'm tossed to the ground with a thud.

"It's been nearly a week. Why won't you just join us? This is becoming so tedious! How I wish I could just find a quirk that allows me to make some sort of obeying copy or take all the information from your brain and put it into another's so we didn't need you," All For One begins pacing around the same room ranting about fantasies where he could kill me.

If my body wasn't still in partial shock, I'd probably have laughed.

They need me.

Looks like I won't be dying any time soon.

Now, is that good or ba-

"Oh? It appears we have visito-" Before he can finish his sentence, a loud crashing noise comes from above us.

What the hell was that? Wait, is this a basement?

"Ah, I get it, the conference was all fake. Seems the heroes came after all. How rude of them to destroy all of my Nomu," All for One almost pouted as he walked past me.

I almost gasped as I was suddenly lifted off the ground and was being pulled towards him.

Hot, angry tears filled my eyes.

This is Mom's quirk.

If I wasn't so injured and still struggling to move, I would've beaten this bastard's ass.

We walked through the dark hallway, listening to what sounded similar to stomping for a bit, until it stopped.

We walked up stairs I didn't know existed until there was a gust of air that blew on my sweaty face, making me shiver.

This is my first time getting fresh air in a week! And the heroes are here! And-

I was tossed towards a wall that knocked the air out of me as I fell to the dusty floor.

All For One walked away from the remains of the stairs and into the now exposed space, and began to talk.

What the hell is going on?