Chapter 15

≡Izuku POV≡

◃At School▸

"So, you ready to kick some ass?" Shinso asked with a nervous smile.

"Hell yeah, I've been training for this all my life. I'm going to win the sports festival and completely show off my-"

"BABIES!" Mei interrupted me as she plopped down at our table. "I can't wait to show my babies to the world and get scouted by all the big shot companies!"

"What do you mean? I thought we aren't allowed anything except our gym uniforms?" A clueless Denki asked.

"That's only for hero course students since they get classes to train. Of course, I got Kacchan who blabbers on and on about all of the things you guys do, so I'm basically taking it too!" I laughed as I remembered Kacchan talking about how they had to do partner training.

"Whaat?! Bakugo did you tell him about all of our quirks too then?" Kaminari asked with a mouth full of food.

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I?" He asked as he smirked.

"BAKUGO! How could you?! You traitor! We were already goners before he knew!" Denki threw his chopsticks down and ruffled his hair aggressively as he leaned back.

"If you ask me, it's only fair that I plan counter attacks to your quirks in advance," I said as I crossed my arms.

"What do you mean?! How is that fair?!"

"Hey, Izuku, you haven't even told us what your quirk is. I guess I always figured it had to do with being freakishly smart," Shinso commented, making me tense slightly.

"I haven't told you because there's nothing to say," I noticed Kacchan gave me a worried look out of the corner of my eye.

"What do you mean?" Mei asked, suddenly interested.

"Well, I don't have a quirk," I said matter of factly, but really my anxiety was creeping into my mind.

What will they think of me now? Will they leave me? Will they start to bully me like all the others?

"You're quirkless?" Denki asked with a tilt of his head.

"That's what he said, Dunce Face!" Kacchan growled. I looked over at him and saw that he was already starting to get defensive. There was a short silence at our table until Shinso broke it.

"Man, and I thought I had it rough."

I looked up to see him smiling at me as I felt my eyes begin to prick with tears.

"I guess that makes sense on why you want to use inventions at the sports festival, but from what I've seen, you'd probably be able to hold your own without any," Mei commented as she went back to her food.

My eyes began to burn more at her words.

"Wait, if you don't have a quirk... " Denki began staring at me intensely. "Then back at the USJ you were even MORE badass!" He yelled with a smile lighting up his face.

Well, there goes my composure.

I swiped at my eyes and let out a breathy laugh as I tried to not burst out sobbing.

"Whoa, why are you crying?" Kaminari asked me with a concerned look replacing his smile.

"Sorry, this just means a lot," I kept wiping my face as I smiled at them. I looked at Kacchan and saw him smiling too.

"Man, I can't even only imagine the shit you've been through," Hitoshi mumbled with a solemn look on his face. The smile on Kacchan's face faltered, probably remembering what he did as well as my home life.