Chapter 33

≡Izuku POV≡

"Kacchan!!!" I whined as he paid for my train ticket.

"It's fine you damn nerd, I told you I'd pay for you. Besides, look at it as a reward for finally opening up last night," he gave me a small smile as we boarded the train.

"That was so awkward," I grumbled as I remembered how we just watched old movies in the freshly cleaned living room after our... talk.

"At least they know now. And besides, it's good if you talk about it. What if something happens, like at the cafe? It'd be good for more people to understand what's happening."

When we finally got to the mall, the whole class was there and we started to separate into groups.

"What do you guys need?" Hitoshi asked as he and Denki walked over.

"I don't need anything," I protested, which earned me a smack to the back of my head.

"Izu, I told you, I'm paying and yes, yes you do need things," Kacchan growled before turning back to the 2 snickering hyenas. "We're going to go look for clothes and probably his building shit."

We ended up separating since they needed sunscreen and Hitoshi wanted a new video game.

"You really don't need to do this," I insisted as he started piling clothes onto my arms.

"You're right, I don't, but I want to," he smirked at me as he kept adding clothes and then made me try them on.

He ended up buying me a whole new wardrobe and some new paints for my inventions. He also got some new clothes and new drumsticks for his drum set.

"Stay here, I'm going to go to the bathroom," he said as he left me sitting on a bench with 5 large bags full of our shopping. 

It was almost time to meet up at the food court, so he better hurry. 

My mind starts drifting to the strange order I got a while back with all those gas masks. I had given them their things a few nights back, they paid really well. Although, the person I met with was rather strange. He had black spiky hair and burn scars all over his body. I'm pretty sure he meant to burn me to a crisp, but I left too fast.

As my mind continued to wander, a voice cut through my thoughts.

"You're Izuku right? From the UA sports festival? Wow, I'm a huge fan!" A dry hand slithered onto my neck with one finger lifted. I immediately recognised who it was.

"Tomura, right?" I asked calmly, surprising him.

"Good to know I left an impression on someone," he grumbled.

While he complained, I began to reach for my swiss army knife.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," his scratchy voice said and I stopped my hand. "Wouldn't want anyone to die here."

I grit my teeth as I realized that was no empty threat.

"What do you want? I truly hope you're here to finally buy some moisturizer, you could really use it," I smirked as he tightened his hold on my neck.

"You brat. If I wasn't ordered to keep you alive, I would've killed you long ago."

"Oh? Am I important? Why do I need to be alive?" I questioned him.

"Shut up. Gosh, you're annoying. After Master heard about you from Kuroguri, he has grown quite interested in you and your friend. Bakugo was it?" I tensed slightly hearing this.

Why do they want us? What's so interesting about us? Who's Master?

"Why are you so interested in us?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"He finds your inventions interesting and that other guy is quite strong. You 2 also seem to have a connection," I saw a sick smile crawl onto his lips as I tensed more.

What are they planning on doing to us? Are they going to use us against each other? Threaten one to get the other to do as they wish? Shit, this isn't good.

"Now then, we should get going before anyone spots us. Just act like we're old friends ok? If you go along with it, no one will get hurt. You don't want that, do you, Mr Hero?"

He stood, bringing me along with him. I couldn't think of what to do. My eyes widened as we walked to one of the exits and a purple portal opened up. 

"Come on, we don't want to keep your dad waiting, do we?"

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM YOU CRUSTY ASS BASTARD!" Small explosions were heard as Kacchan came flying towards us with his quirk purpelling him.

"Shi-" before Shigaraki could react, Kacchan tackled him to the ground away from the portal. As he fell, he gripped onto my neck bringing me down with him and disintegrating part of the skin on my neck.

I let out a small yelp as I fell out of his grip and rolled off to the side.

Kacchan went to blast an explosion at him but he dropped down into a portal before it could hit him.

He looked around frantically as he saw his explosion not hit anything but the ground.

I, however, was falling deep into a panic attack. The stinging throb from my neck was only a faint white noise through the chaos in my mind. 

He said that he's waiting for me.
They want me and Kacchan.
Kacchan...
Explosions...
Fire...
Fire.
Fire.
Fire. 
Fire.
Fire!
Fire!
FIRE!

I curled up into a ball and started rocking back and forth while gripping my hair. I couldn't hear Kacchan as he tried to reassure me that I was fine.

I couldn't see him run over.

I couldn't feel him hug me.

Why is he back? What does he want from me? Why now?