Chapter 37

You guys do not understand how hard it is to find pictures of these 5. This is the closest I could find and it actually works too well- (You'll understand at the end of the chapter)

I apologize in advance for this chapter, I wrote it all at like 3am and didn't bother to revise it so here you go :)

≡Izuku POV≡ 

"Come on Izuku, they can't be that bad," Denki called from the other side of the stall door.

"No one will judge you, and if anyone asks, we can shut them up for you," Hitoshi added.

I paced the length of the stall over and over as I contemplated coming out.

"Izu, remember, they're just proof of how strong you are. Besides, I've already told you the one on your back looks like a star and that it's beautiful," Kacchan added softly. I stopped pacing and sighed.

"You've seen them?" Shinso asked curiously.

"Since when did you learn to compliment someone? And why were you looking at Izuku shirtless?" Denki teased, making me go red.

"T-that isn't what we're talking about right now. Besides, it was an accident," Kacchan, that really doesn't help. I can basically hear Hitoshi's raised eyebrow.

I reached for the doorknob and turned it slowly after a deep breath. I opened it up and immediately regretted it.

They all stopped their conversations and I could feel their eyes on me.

My arms were splattered with different shapes of scars. Some knives, some burns, some I never knew the name of. My chest had a clear slash across it with random splotches across my stomach. My one shoulder even had a clear circle where I had been shot one day. Not to mention my new handprint covered neck.

They both stared at me with their eyes wide. Even Kacchan stared since it's been a few years since he's seen me. I noticed his eyes linger on my left shoulder where a spiky burn scar was on display. I quickly placed my hand over it trying to cover it.

"You don't need to cover it," he mumbled as he stared down at the ground. Or maybe at my equally scared legs, I couldn't tell.

"So," Denki cleared his throat as he snapped out of it, "not to be rude, but I don't see the beautiful star Katsuki was talking about? I suppose if you squint this one sorta could pass as one," he said pointing at a burn on my elbow. It was clear he was trying to brighten the mood while also showing he wasn't judging me, but I really didn't want to turn around.

My hesitance must've shown on my face since Shinso spoke up next.

"Izuku, there's no need to be embarrassed. Katsuki wasn't lying when he said they just prove how strong you are," he gave me a small smile which gave me the small bit of confidence I needed.

I slowly took a deep breath and turned around. This time, I couldn't see their faces and I didn't hear any noise.

I am painfully aware of the giant burn scar I have nearly covering my whole back. It looks similar to a star since that's the way the fire spilled over my back when I would curl up.

I was scared of how they would react, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting to feel a finger trace around one of the edges. It was a warm, soft touch that sent a slight shiver down my spine.

"What do you know, it does look like a star," Denki breathed as I turned back around and he retracted his finger.

"So, should we get going? I'm pretty cold in just a towel," Hitoshi said with a shiver as he rubbed his arms.