Chapter 44

isn't an octopus just the spider of the sea?

≡Izuku POV≡

"Octopus! Cover Izu's eyes!" Kacchan yelled and Shoji did as he asked.

As soon as my eyes were covered, I heard the pops of his explosions and heat radiated from the clearing.

"Get on my back," I did as Shoji asked without complaint.

"Katsuki, get back! If you're a main target, you need to stay away!" I heard Shoto yell as I felt the air get cold.

"I'm fine, Icy Hot!"

"Shoji! Izuku!" I clutched Shoji's arms tighter as he suddenly rolled to the side after Tokoyami's voice called us.

"Hey! You're the Midoriya kid aren't you? I feel so bad for you! Hurry and run! Get over here you brat! Just come with us and no one else gets hurt!" Twice yelled as I began clutching Shoji even tighter while he dodged and attacked.

We went around, tumbling and jerking as the air was hot and cold at the same time and the sounds of everyone fighting reached me from the cocoon I was shielded in.

"Sorry to interrupt everyone," a familiar voice rang out as everyone stopped fighting. I peeked up to see a purple mist, it was Kurogiri.

"It's been 5 minutes since the signal, what's taking so long?" He asked as I assumed he looked around.

"You misty bastard!" Kacchan yelled as he launched towards him, making me duck back down.

"Now, now, let's all calm down," I peeked out again after curiosity got the best of me to see the villain on the other side of the clearing. "It's time to go."

There were 4 portals that opened up behind the villains.

"Nice fight everyone! You're all weak! I'd kick your ass if I had more time!" Twice called out.

"Bye Izuku! I'll remember you every time I look at my hands!" Toga said as she walked through.

"Who said we were saying bye? This party's just getting started."

At the sound of the voice, my body stopped working. I could feel the blood rushing through my ears and my breathing became uneven. I couldn't move, yet my body still shook as my hand moved to my hair and I sank back down into my cocoon of Shoji's arms.

"Izuku..? Are you ok?" Shoji's voice sounded so far away, I could barely hear it.

"Oh, where is he? I'd love to see him. It's been, how long? 5 years?"

"You bastard! Like I'd let you even see him!" I could hear faint pops accompanying Kacchan's furious voice.

"My, my! Do my eyes deceive me? Katsuki? Is that you? My, how you've grown! Tell me, how's Mitsuki and Masaru?" A ringing in my ears grew louder with every word he spoke.

"Hisashi, that's enough playing around. We need to hurry back," Kurogiri spoke, his calm voice barely reaching me.

"My apologies. Sorry Katsuki, looks like we'll have to catch up another time, I need to see my son."

Even in my panicked state, I still felt Shoji tense as he began connecting the dots.

"Like we'd let you!" Shoto yelled as it suddenly got cold. "Shoji! Run away! We'll hold them back! Get to camp and get help!"

We started moving again, but only for a few moments. Then we were tumbling on the ground.

"Not so fast," Dabi's voice called right before we were rolling again and a wave of heat washed over me and a grunt of pain came from Shoji.