Chapter 13

≡3rd Person POV≡

"So this is where the great Izuku works?" Shinso asked as he sat down at a booth with two other boys.

The cafe was rather small, but had a comforting feel. There were 6 booths and 3 tables. The whole cafe was lit up by the large windows covering the walls with streams of sunlight coming in. The whole colour scheme of the cafe was pastel, matching the apron Izuku put on.

"Yup, I don't know why you guys wanted to come so bad. I'll be working but if there aren't any orders I might be able to sit down for a bit here and there, see ya!" The mess of green curls ran behind the counter into the staff room and then came out with a pastel visor on and started taking the orders of the few customers.

"It's actually pretty nice in here," Kaminari said as he looked around.

"Yeah, and Izu may make coffee stronger than All Might but his other drinks are really good," Bakugo said as he looked at the small drink menu on the table.

"Nah, I gotta try this coffee first. I find it hard to believe that anyone can make coffee that strong," the insomniac smirked as he leaned back in his seat.

"Be my guest Eyebags, although I'm betting you'll need to order some cream and sugar after your first few sips," the ash blond retorted as he crossed his arms.

"Wanna bet?"

"20 bucks."

"You're on."

The 2 shook hands with smug looks on both their faces.

"Whoa, Shinso look! Your dad really does come here with Mic!" Denki yelled as he stared at the door where 2 pro heroes came in. One of them looking slightly less dead inside than usual and another looking like he was having the time of his life.

"He's not my dad!" Hitoshi said, although no one listened to him. While no one paid attention to his words, a loud blond overheard his voice and started walking over.

"Hey there little listeners! I didn't know you came here!" Present Mic said, containing his quirk.

"This is our first time, but this guy said he comes here sometimes," Shinso replied, jabbing his thumb toward him and Denki and then Bakugo.

"Mic, stop bothering the kids. I come here for an escape from work, not a trap," Aizawa groaned as he slumped down in the booth beside them. Strange that he sat as close as possible after saying that.

"Oh, back for more coffee Shota?" A freckled boy said as he walked over to the 2 booths.

"Took you long enough you damn nerd. Can you make my favourite?" Katsuki ordered.

"Which one's your favourite?" Kaminari asked as he studied the menu.

"Yeah Kacchan~ why don't you tell everyone which is your favourite?" Izuku teased with a mischievous smile.

"Really? Really Izu?"

"Yup, can't make you a drink if I don't know which one it is, and it seems my memory isn't working right so I don't remember which one.." he pretended to be deep in thought as he tapped his chin.

"Wow. Fine. I'll get the Rainbow Unicorn Sparkle," he mumbled.

"The WHAT?!" Kaminari and Shinso both yelled out laughing.

"Shut the hell up! He made it for me the first time I came and didn't say what it was called! It's actually good!" Katsuki tried to defend himself as he stood up and glared at the 2 laughing teens and snickering adults.

The rest of the group ordered, and somehow all ended up sitting at the same booth.

"Here you guys go, and Toshi, I brought you some creamer, milk, and sugar, just in case..." Izuku smiled as he placed the 5 drinks down. He then sat down with his own coffee.

"Thanks problem child," Shota said as he began drinking the coffee. "Sometimes your coffee is the only thing I wake up for."

"Awwh! Shota! Has Mic rubbed off on you and made you cheesy?" He teased.

"I swear, every morning when he wakes up and drinks his coffee, he looks so disappointed!" Present Mic laughed.

"How would you know?" Katsuki asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh-"

"Uhm-"

"Shinso! I think you got another dad!" Denki yelled after seeing their faces grow pink.

"What?" Aizawa asked, staring at Kaminari.

"This is my life now," Hitoshi sighed as he gave up and just let Kaminari ramble about how they are related.

He took a sip of his coffee and immediately choked on it.

"What the fuck?! Holy shit! I've literally eaten plain coffee grounds before and this is stronger! How the fuck is that possible?!" He screeched as he reached for the cream.

"Giving up already?" Bakugo said with a smug grin.

"Fuck you Katsuki. I just want my coffee. Here, take my money," Hitoshi grumbled, passing over a 20 dollar bill, which Bakugo snickered at

"You guys finally moved in together?" The greenette asked as he continued drinking his own coffee, ignoring the conversation beside him.

"Yup!" Mic yelled, putting his arm around Aizawa's shoulder, not noticing his faint blush.

"Soo~ who confessed first?" Izuku asked, wiggling his eyebrows as he watched Shota's face get redder.

"I did! Honestly I thought he was going to reject me! But here we are!" Mic laughed as he pulled Aizawa closer.

"Ooh~ is someone blushing~?" Katsuki added as he joined the conversation.

"Whoa! I've never seen Mr. Aizawa get so red! He always has the same expression! Maybe I should come here more often..." Denki said with a giddy smile.

"Looks like someone is having a case of gay panic," Shinso murmurred as he added even more cream to his coffee.

"Why are you guys all teasing Sho?" Mic asked, not helping his boyfriend's situation.

"You guys have nicknames? What does Shota call you?" Izuku asked, propping his chin on his hand.

"Usually he calls me Mic or Zashi."

"Zashi?"

"Yup! You know, because my name is Hizashi, so he just got lazy and dropped the hi."

"Oh," The greenette visibly tensed and got a glazed over look on his face as his mind played through a loop of the name and random flashbacks played through.

He watched through his younger eyes as he readied his quirk and throat began to glow and fire leaks past his lips, pouring onto his body. Izuku would scream and beg but all he ever did was laugh and-

"Izu!" Izuku was snapped out of his trance as he was shaken by the shoulders by an ash blond who at some point came over to him.

The freckled boy flinched back into reality and looked around to see everyone staring at him.

"Are you ok?" the explosive teen asked softly as he looked at his panting friend.

"Uhm- uh- yeah, I'm fine, sorry, I have to get back to work," he slowly stood up and walked into the staff room.

"Uhmm... What was that about?" The electric boy asked with a confused and concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, you sure he's ok?" Hitoshi questioned, staring at the door Izuku had walked through.

"Was he having a panic attack?" Mic had a crease between his brows as he was unusually quiet.

"Hey, Bakugo, you there?" the Kaminari asked as his friend stared down at the floor, deep in thought.

"Huh?" He asked, snapping out. "Oh, uhm, his shift is almost done, so I'm going to go talk to him. I'll see you guys at school tomorrow," he dismissed as he walked to the staff room.

"What was that about?" Denki asked. Everyone else at the table wondered the same thing as they finished their drinks and left their money on the table.