Chapter 24

≡Izuku POV≡

"Have fun doing hero stuff without us," Shinso pouted as we waved off Denki and Kacchan.

"Don't be too big of pain in the ass! The heroes probably have enough stress!" I called after them.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll be back in a week. Try to improve at least enough to put up a fight," Kacchan called over his shoulder as he waved.

"Bye guys!" Denki shouted as he ran into his train.

We went back to UA, which was only a few blocks away, and waited for the rest of 1A to get on their trains for their internships.

While his class is gone, Shota will be doing an assessment on our current skills to make sure we are ready for the hero course and if we need to catch up on anything.

Shota finally came in and immediately told us to get into our PE uniforms and come outside.

We both did as asked and saw him wave us over to some sort of fitness ground.

"Alright, at the start of the year, I did this test with my students. It won't exactly be the same with you two, but I'd still like to know where you both are physically," he explained how we would be doing basic fitness tests and how he let the others use their quirks, which wouldn't do anything for either of us.

Over all, that whole exercise left Hitoshi a panting, sweaty mess on the ground with an average score. I was panting and sweating slightly, I had gotten an above average score, almost double Shinso's. Unfortunately, compared to the rest of 1A, I would've ranked around 10th.

"ARE YOU SHITTING ME?! I EVEN LOST TO THAT GRAPE SHIT?!" Yeah, Hitoshi was not happy about his performance.

"If you want to rank higher, then maybe you should try training your actual body more and not just your quirk," I suggested this trying to be supportive, but I think it might've come off differently when I burst out laughing at him ranking dead last.

"As you know, shortly after the rest of 1A comes back, there will be finals. Throughout this week, I will be giving you tests to see if you are ready to take them with the rest of the students or your own sort of test," Aizawa told us as he dismissed us early for the day.

"Hey Toshi, want to come to the support course with me to bug Mei? I have a few things I want to show you too," with a nod, we both walked to my old classroom.

We were greeted with a very invested Mei as she was working on her finals project already.

Ignoring her, we walked over to my work area and I grabbed one of my many blueprints to show Shinso.

"What do you think?" I asked with a proud smile on my face as I laid it down on a clean surface.

"I don't read scribbles, so do you mind translating what that says?" I looked at him confused until I realized how I handmade the blueprints from scratch at 5am when the idea came to my mind.

"It's a support item I came up with for you. I think it'd be really helpful for your quirk. Although you should really work on relying less on it, it'd still be good to improve," I rambled as he studied my sketches and labels trying to decipher them.

"Wait... is it a mask? How does a mask- oh!" Both his eyebrows raised and his eyes widened and the understanding finally clicked.

"Yep! It's a voice modifier! But, it does more than just change your voice! I planned it to be able to copy over voices exactly after hearing them! Of course, there's also basic settings like making your voice deeper or higher as well."

I basically vibrated with excitement as I watched Hitoshi study the blueprints. Even though I make custom gear on a daily basis, I've never known the person personally, other than Kacchan and my mom.

"You really planned this all out for me?" He asked quietly, I could barely hear him.

"Yeah, I got the idea a few nights back. I was pretty bored with the project I was working on so I tried to come up with something different to do. That's why everything's so messy, it was around 5 that I made it," I kept vibrating in my spot with a giddy smile as he listened to me ramble.

"You made this at 5? Like in the morning 5?" He looked at me with his signature raised eyebrow.

"That's not important! And yes! Now what do you think? Do you want it? I can customize the appearance and add any features you want! Of course if you wanted me to completely change the setup but keep the basic idea, I can probably work that out. Don't worry about it being breathable, I know how to make a mask feel like it's not even there-" I continued to mutter to myself as everyone just ignored me, letting me get it out of my system.

"Calm down Genius Freckles! Some people are trying to work on their own projects! If you have so many ideas why don't you come over here and give me your input?" Mei called from under some sort of robot suit.

"Wait, Mei. Holy shit! Mei! Is that what I think it is?! No fucking way!" I ran over to inspect her robot.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" She asked as she rolled out from under, completely covered in grease.

"YOU'RE ACTUALLY MAKING A GUNDAM?! WHY DID I NEVER THINK TO MAKE ONE?! HOLY FUCKING SHI-"

"Uhm, what are you talking about? What is a gundam?" Mei asked cluelessly as she looked up at me.

"Wait, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A GUNDAM IS?! Well, then what are you making?"

"It's a kind of armour that you can fit a pilot in to control it. It also has weapons and can fly," she explained excitedly.

"Mei. That is almost exactly what a gundam is," Hitoshi called over.

"WHAT?! NO! THIS IS 100% ORIGINAL!"

"Mei, it really isn't."

"Great! Now I need to restart!" She groaned as she got up and went back to her work desk to plan something new out.

"So? What do you think? I would like an answer as soon as possible because I want to start a new project since I'm not getting assignments from class anymore. Although if you need time I ge-"

"How fast will it be done?"