Chapter 46

≡Shota POV≡
◃With Class 1A▸

The ride back to UA was slow and silent.

No one knew what to do. One of the pros, Ragdoll, as well as a classmate, had been taken by villains and some of the most easy going students were on the verge of tears, if they weren't already.

I'm worried about the kids, especially those closest to Izuku, so I offered some to come over to my house for the night since there's no trains working right now.

Bakugo, Kaminari, and Todoroki all agreed to come over. I think it's best if they stay together.

I feel like such a failure. When I ran into the clearing and heard his screams and the wall of flames, I didn't know what to do.

In all the years I have been a hero, I'd never frozen like that. I couldn't do anything and was useless.

My problem child was screaming out and all I could do was watch. I'm a pitiful excuse for a hero.

"Hey, uhm, Bakugo?" The first words were spoken by a timid Uraraka.

Bakugo only glanced at her, showing that he was listening.

"Uhm, I was just wondering since you know Izuku so well, he just seemed different during the attack. Did... Did he know them?"

The silence grew even quieter as the whole class listened, they probably were wondering something similar.

"Yeah, why'd they have to go after him? He just transferred, it's not like he did anything," Ojiro added with a frown.

"Well, he was at the USJ..." Sero mumbled.

"That's right, he took down that leader and bird thing," Kirishima gave a small smile that was clearly forced.

"It was his father."

Everyone looked at Bakugo, shocked. From all their theories, I'm sure this was not among them.

"His dad, ribbit?" Asui repeated.

"At the USJ, the League got interested in his inventions too," Kaminari whispered, everyone still heard.

"And they already tried taking him at the mall..." Hitoshi added as he continued to stare out the window.

It was silent for a few more minutes as everyone tried to understand their new classmate's situation.

"We'll get him back though, right?" Shoji asked with a determined tone as he looked at the quiet group.

"Why?"

Saying I was shocked at Iida's words, would've been a huge understatement.

"What do you mean 'why' Iida?" Jiro asked with a furiousted tone, which I much appreciated.

"Think about it. The girls weren't there, but at the hot springs he-"

"You're still on about that?" Todoroki's voice was so cold, I shivered even though it wasn't directed at me.

"Think about it Todoroki! He already looked like a delinquent and now we find out he has a connection to the villains? Not just any connection, but his father! Maybe he is better off with them," Iida stood as he explained his point.

"I think it's better off if you just shut the fuck up!" Kaminari growled as he got off Shinso's shoulder and stared at Iida. "You weren't there, you didn't see what they did. You don't know the truth or his side of the story. So don't make assumptions as fucked up as those."

"Kaminari is right. Sit down and stop talking, Iida," I ordered.
__________
When we finally arrived at UA, I waited for all the parents to come and pick up my students.