Chapter 26

≡Izuku POV≡

"Jeez Shinso, you look like more shit than usual," Hatsume said as we walked into the support course room after yet another testing day with Aizawa. Luckily, today is the last day. Tomorrow everyone will be coming back from internships and we will be starting normal classes.

"Wow, thanks," he grumbled as he sat at the nearest chair with a sigh. "You can only blame Izuku and Dad for this."

"It's not my fault! I thought that when you said insomnia you meant that you actually barely sleep! How was I supposed to know you slept a lot when you worked out?" I asked as I walked over to my work bench.

Over the past week, I had been going over to Shinso's house every day around 8, after my mom went to sleep. Most of the time I worked on projects from my job and talked to him. It turns out it's a lot funner to work when someone else is there.

It definitely helped that he bought my excuse that they were just 'fun projects' I randomly came up with. Although, I could tell that whenever Shota came back from patrol, he'd be skeptical about my excuse.

Mei came a few times to help me on projects and bounce ideas for her's off me.

Although, we may or may not have ended up all sleeping there one night after an intense video game competition. I won by the way.

"And here I thought that you and Katsuki were just overexaggerating when he said you sleep for 2 hours," Shinso sighed.

"Yeah, problem child that's not healthy, try sleeping more."

"JESUS FUCK-" Mei screamed as she fell off her ladder from jumping from the new voice.

"Eh, I'm healthy enough after over 4 years of doing exactly this, why stop now?" I turned and stared at Shota who stood in the doorway with his usual monotone face.

"Problem child, I work 2 jobs and am a dad and husband. I get more sleep than you and am always tired."

"Shota, I also work 2 jobs. I am a student, friend, and son. I get less sleep than you and I'm fine. Maybe you need more coffee? Make me more money?" I saw him raise an eyebrow when I let slip that I have 2 jobs but before he could say anything, Shinso spoke up.

"What are you doing here Dad? Please tell me you didn't forget a test! Please! I'm done! I don't want to see how long I can hang upside down or how much weight I can carry over my head without my legs giving out!" He begged while staring in horror at his dad remembering some of the many tests we did.

"I think you're exaggerating a little Toshi. Also, I think those tests were really telling how badly you need to work out," I laughed as I remembered how fast he dropped out of the tests.

"Not everyone is as freakishly strong and smart as you, Izuku! Stop rubbing it in!"

"So, you don't want to see the final product I finished last night after you fell asleep?" I teased.

"YOU FINISHED!? I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE TAKING A BREAK TO WORK ON ONE OF YOUR FUN PROJECTS AND THEN START UP AGAIN LATER!" Hitoshi yelled as he ran over to me as I stood with my hands behind my back.

What really happened was I got a new order that I needed to finish along with the one I had been procrastinating on. I really didn't feel like making another set of trackers and receivers with special receptors on each.

"Well, I finished those and didn't have a lot left so I finished it really quick," I shrugged as I saw Shota's eyes narrow slightly at me.

I don't have the slightest idea what he suspects I'm up to or what my home life is, but I won't lie that it's amusing to watch the pieces fail to fall in place since he's missing too many.