Chapter 8

≡Izuku POV≡

"I'm sooo bored!" I complained as I watched my tiny city go about it's usual programmed business.

"How are you bored? You made a whole miniature city with AI citizens in only a few days. How did you even do it so fast? Did you work on it at home?" My teacher, the pro hero Powerloader, asked as he studied all the small citizens I made walk around.

"No, I have different projects I work on at home," I sighed as I finished painting another character's face.

"Well, pretty soon the hero course will be asking for modifications and accessories for their costumes, I'll make sure to give you lots of projects for that," he reassured me.

"But I already am," I mumbled. "My friend keeps asking about the smallest thing on his costume and suggesting the strangest additions."

"Well, if you want an idea, you can try making your city put on a play or make a movie from it?" He shrugged.

"WHOA! That's such a good idea! I gotta start writing this! See, this is why you're a good teacher, you give me ideas," I smiled as I ran over to my computer to start writing a script.

"Hey Izuku! Can you help me out with something? I need to test my babies!" Mei said, bouncing over to me.

"Why do you need my help? Do it yourself," I said as I continued to type away at my computer.

"I can't do it myself and you're the only person I trust to thoroughly test my precious babies! Please Izuku?" She begged.

"Fineee. What do you need me to do?" I turned away from my computer and leaned back in my chair.

"On Friday I need you to take some of my babies to the USJ to test out some of the rescuing ones and also to test the weathering factors. Don't worry, I'll have all of them ready and packed for you."

"How the hell am I going to get to the USJ?"

"Class 1A is going to be doing training there so you can just hitch a ride with them," she explained as she patted my back. "Thanks Izuku!"

As she ran back over to her designated corner I sighed and looked at Powerloader.

"What did I just agree to?"
__________
"I'd just like to say that I am not connected to any of the extras in my class, so don't judge me based on them," Kacchan announced as he munched on his curry.

"You say that, but you are connected if you're in the same class," Toshi argued.

"What did you just say Eyebags?!" Kacchan stood up and put his foot on the table as he glared at Shinso.

"Kacchan! Get the fuck off the table! We're trying to eat!" I scolded. Immediately he sat back down, but continued to glare at Hitoshi.

"So, pomeranian, tell me about those gauntlets on your hero costume!" Hatsume giggled in excitement as she sat down with her mochi.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"

"Mei, you can't just eat mochi for lunch," I said as I grabbed a piece for myself.

"Hey! Says the person who has been drinking coffee non stop all day! What is this? Your 5th cup?"

"Don't turn this to me-"

"When we came to school, you had 3 cups."

"I saw you drink at least 2 since you got on campus."

"You have 4 empty cups in front of you right now and I saw you refilling a mug constantly in class."

"Holy shit, how many have you had?!"

"Uhmm.. I think 15..?" I mumbled.

"15?!" They all yelled.

"I've literally slept 4 hours in the past 4 days and have only had 3 cups," Toshi said, not helping me at all.

"You probably are spending your whole paycheck on the coffee you drink at the cafe instead of working," Kacchan said as he stole my last coffee cup.

"You work at a cafe?" Hatsume asked.

"Yeah, I've been working there for about 6 months now." I said as I reached for my coffee that Kacchan held away from me.

"Don't change the subject! You need to slow down on the coffee!" Kacchan yelled, pouring out my coffee into the garbage.

"The fact that I'm agreeing with him says a lot," Shinso added while rolling his eyes.

"Ok! First of all, if anything, you guys are the ones changing the subject! We were talking about the USJ before!" I pouted, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, those extras are annoying as fuck. Although, I'm pretty sure you'll run a field day with all their quirks."

"Man, sometimes I wonder why I didn't just go into the hero course instead. I've finished my miniature city already and there's barely anything to do. Maybe after the USJ people will start requesting upgrades," I sighed.

"Don't say that Izuku! Not everyone is as freakishly fast as you at making things!" Mei criticized.

"You made a whole miniature city in 3 days?" Toshi asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah.. It was pretty simple. The hardest thing was probably decorating the AI citizens to make them all unique. I just kept jotting down things about people coming into the cafe and referencing them," I laid my head on the table remembering all the weird looks I got for staring.

"I've always wondered, how long have you been inventing?" Kacchan asked as he finished his curry.

"I don't know... who the hell marks down on their calendar the day they start making random shit in their free time. I know that I started to make more serious stuff around 11..." I mumbled into the table as I already started missing my coffee.

"What about you Mei-" Toshi's question was cut off as a shrieking alarm started going off making me jump out of my chair and fall on my ass.

"What the hell is that alarm for?!" Kacchan frantically looked around as he stood up.

"Someone got through the UA barrier! This hasn't happened before!" A random upperclassman informed us as he ran out of the cafeteria.

"WHAT?!" Kacchan, Mei, and Toshi all yelled. They all started heading out as well as I stood up and looked out the window.

"Reporters? What the hell?" I whispered to myself.

"Izu! What are you doing?" Kacchan yelled as he ran up to me. I didn't answer, instead just pointing out at the crowd and teachers.

"Those motherfuckers," he murmured.

"Why are they here?" I asked, confused as I watched Present Mic and Eraserhead try to hold them back.

"Probably for All Might..." he whispered almost like he didn't want me to hear.

Which he probably didn't.

"All Might's here?" I asked.

"Yeah... he's one of my heroic teachers..." He ran a hand through his hair and blew out a breath.

"That bitch isn't worth all this trouble. He attracted all these reporters making everyone go into a panic. How the hell did they even get in?" I began muttering different theories as Kacchan just watched me.

"Wait, the gate... it's disintegrated? What kind of reporter has a disintegrating quirk?"