Chapter 49

≡3rd Person POV≡

◃LoV Base▸

"Don't worry Izuku, we'll patch you up as best we can," Compress tried to comfort the bloody boy as he tried to lay him down, earning a whimper.

"Careful Compress, he has injuries literally everywhere," Dabi scolded as he came over with a first aid kit.

"I'm trying. I can't believe he can do that to a kid. I couldn't even watch."

"Hey, kid, this is going to sting, but it'll be worth it. Sorry," Dabi warned before smearing a burn ointment on his many scattered burns.

They silently patched him up with mumbled apologies following hisses of pain until they were left with an almost completely wrapped up teenager.

"That's the best we can do for now. I have to go talk with Shigaraki, I'll see you tomorrow Izuku," Compress waved as he walked out the door.

Izuku laid on the bed, stomach down again. He could feel the pressure from his broken ribs being a constant pain, but it was better than his crispy back.

"Hey, kid," Dabi said in a low voice.

Izuku moved his eyes to look at him as he sat a foot or 2 away from the mattress.

"It's around 5 right now. We took you yesterday around 9. So you've only been gone 20 hours, in case you were wondering."

"W-why are you helping m-me?" Izuku's quiet voice trembled as he spoke, making the ravenette look at him.

"That's a good question," he let out a short laugh. "I don't pity you, if that's what you're thinking. It's more that... I guess I relate to you?" He frowned and shook his head as he ran a hand down his face with a sigh.

There was a silence that stretched between the 2 as they both were lost in their own thoughts.

"I-I like your eyes."

Dabi looked at the boy who had his bloody lips stretched into a smile as he stared at his eyes.

"My eyes?"

"Yeah, they're a really nice blue," he offered the villain a closed eye smile as he spoke.

"Uh... your eyes are nice too?" Dabi offered, not knowing how to respond.

"Thanks, I got them from my mom," his smile faltered slightly before he spoke again. "You got yours from your dad right?"

"Ye- wait, how did you know?" Dabi jerked his head towards him, bewildered by how the boy knew his deepest secret.

"Well, since I work in the underground, I know a lot about heroes, and that includes the Todoroki family. Besides, your eyes look like one of Shoto's."

Dabi let out a sad chuckle.

"Guess you caught me, huh?" He sighed as he turned to look at the boy. "How is he? Shoto, I mean."

"He's good. He was refusing to use his fire side until the sports festival, but now he has accepted it as part of him and not Endeavwhore," Izuku smiled as Dabi snorted at his nickname for the number 2 hero.

"We're pretty good friends. He loves making secret love child theories about people. Last I checked, he was hung up on Tokoyami and Hawk's relationship. We came up with a theory that we might be cousins."

"Wait, how did you think of that?"

"Hell Flames and Fire Breath are rather similar. Around the same age, maybe they're siblings? Explains both of their shitty personalities too."