✾𝟭𝟬✾

tw: blood, don't force yourself to read this if you hate blood

The demon's body jumped up and it twirled and flipped, kicking Nezuko with a deadly blow. Dust and dirt came shooting everywhere. Nezuko came out of the smoke, struggling to fight the demon. "Stop it!" y/n and Tanjiro shouted loudly as they both took their hatchet and axe. Nezuko was kicked, then she was kicked again, then she was grabbed harshly by her pink kimono and was thrown deep in the woods, Tanjiro screamed as he went after Nezuko and the demon. 

 Then, the demon's head grew arms as it crawled and jumped. Y/n made a look of disgust. "What the hell?" she asked, before dodging the freaky head, throwing the axe at his mouth, his hair twirling and wrapping around the handle of the axe. "OUT OF OUR WAY!" Tanjiro screamed. 

 Tanjiro then grabbed the handle of her axe and head-butted him hard on the forehead. A big blue-red bruise appeared on the demon's forehead. Tanjiro then grabbed him again and head-butted him again, before he threw the demon's head to the tree branch, the axe pierced through the demon's throat through his mouth. Blood came out bursting from the demon's mouth. 

"Okay," Tanjiro panted before grabbing y/n's hand and dragging her away. Her still glaring sharply at the demon's head. "I wrapped my hair around his hatchet to grab it, but it got tangled up! Dammit!" Y/n and Tanjiro heard him shrieked. 

"Nezuko!" Y/n yelled. "Nezuko! Where are you?" Tanjiro shouted. He panted as he took a stop and looked around before he dragged y/n again towards the dark woods. "Nezuko!" Y/n shouted in anger as she spotted her best friend on the ground. "Stop it!" Tanjiro yelled, letting go of Y/n's hand, and hugged the demon's body, throwing him off towards the cliff. Y/n screamed in horror as she rushed towards the cliff and grabbed Tanjiro's haori. Nezuko sighed in relief. 

The three went back towards the temple. Tanjiro took out a small blade from a wooden sword cover. I wonder if there are tons of demon out there, this isn't the scent I smelled from my house. It was a different scent, but... I got to finish him off, Tanjiro thought. "Tanji.. you don't need to do this," Y/n said. His grip tightened. "He hurt you, Y/n. He hurt Nezuko," Tanjiro mumbled. "I know, but you don't need to this, I could do it for you.." Y/n trailed off. She grabbed his blade and raised it up, before she slashed the demon across the face. 

She knew it wouldn't do anything. She knew she couldn't dare to finish him off too, so she would hurt him, so many times, even if it heals again and again. She slashed him over and over again. His face was covered in bloody scars. Tanjiro winced at the sight. "I can't-- I-- I can't--" then, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Tanjiro's eyes widened before he slapped the handoff and went on a protective stance in front of y/n. Y/n turned around as her eyes widened. 

The man hesitated before he retracted his hand back. "You can't finish the demon off with that, y/n" the man stated. "Y-you know my name?" Y/n asked, gulping. Tanjiro furrowed his brows suspiciously. "H-how can you finish him off?" Y/n asked as she turned around to face the man with cloud patterned haori. "You disappoint me, granddaughter." 

E/c's orbs widened in the unexpected title. The wind sent a chilly shiver over Y/n. There she is, facing her grandfather. Her first meeting with him. Tanjiro's eyes widened before he slowly let down his protective arms and stood in front of Y/n, just in case. "Mr. Urokodaki?" Y/n trailed off. "Is that you, grandpa?" Y/n asked. 

Urokodaki hesitantly nodded and that was all that it took before she ran towards her grandfather, hugging him tightly. "Grandpa... I did not know you exist but I-- I can't believe you're here," her voice was muffled. Urokodaki's face softened behind his goblin mask before he hugged his granddaughter back. "I'm surprised that Saori didn't say anything about you, till just now," he mumbled. Y/n's brows furrowed before she let go and backed away. "Dad didn't tell you I exist?!" Y/n asked, half-yelling half-asked. Her eyes widened. 

"No," Urokodaki said bluntly. "Proof? I didn't even know you exist till Saori just sent me a letter," Urokodaki stated. Tanjiro sighed in relief, knowing that Urokodaki wasn't a threat to him, y/n, or Nezuko. Then y/n gazed sadly at her surroundings before she held her head up. Kigiku's do not let their heads dropdown. They must stand strong and held their heads up high in pride, and determination. 

Urokodaki smiled knowingly under his mask. He knew that Saori always held his head up, even if he is badly injured, badly failed, and even if people doubted him miserably. If he ever did, he would hold his head back up high and mighty. Y/n turned around to the demon. "What do we do if stabbing doesn't work?" she asked. Tanjiro snapped out of his soft expression to an observant one. "How about the rock? We can smash his head," Tanjiro suggested. "Good idea," Y/n walked over to a huge rock and walked back, feeling rather nervous. 

"I'll go first, Y/n-chan," he suggested. Y/n gulped. "A-alright," Y/n said. Tanjiro was thinking before he started shaking. Nezuko staring at him. Urokodaki stared at his back. The demon then opened his eyes and looked around, he looked down before he spotted Y/n. "You bastard! I'll kill you! I'll devour you!" he screamed. Nezuko growled. Tanjiro stopped shaking, but Y/n's focus was on something. Something else. Y/n's brows furrowed before she quickly scampered off to Nezuko, dragging her inside the temple and placing her inside, where the shade keeps her safe. 

The sun was coming up, the sky glowed lavender as the sun lit up in lilac color, the lights light up everything it reached. The demon's head was squirming and screaming at Tanjiro, threats that didn't scare Tanjiro as Tanjiro looked at the sun. Tanjiro looked back at the demon's head, it screamed in agony as its body burned and turned into ashes that were carried away gracefully with the wind.