✾𝟭𝟯✾

Urokodaki gently pulled the blanket over Nezuko to keep her warm

Urokodaki gently pulled the blanket over Nezuko to keep her warm. The night sky had turned into a brilliant shade of light purple. He then gazed at the window. He felt worried, especially for  Y/n. Then, he turned his gaze to the opening sliding doors as Tanjiro and Y/n panted, soot and dirt covering them. Y/n's kimono was stained with dirt and Tanjiro's outfit was practically dirt and soot. 

Blood was on them both. Y/n had blood from her forehead, arms, and cheeks as Tanjiro was bleeding from the shoulder, eyes, mouth, and forehead. The blood-stained their faces and clothes. "We----have---returned---" Y/n panted before she fell on the floor and panted, her nails digging her palms. Tanjiro's legs collapsed as he held the doorframe. Tanjiro wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulders. "Good...job... y/n.." he panted. "You....too.." she panted. 

Urokodaki gazed at them both as he remembered about Giyu's letter. Tanjiro then let go of his arm and his head hit y/n's shoulders, sleeping soundly. Y/n smiled fondly as she still panted before she leaned on the doorframe and her tired eyes looked at Urokodaki. "How--did I do, Grandpa?" Y/n asked. Urokodaki looked at her before he made his way to Y/n and stood in front of them both before kneeling. "You did well, Y/n," he said with a hint of surprise and pride before he ruffled her hair proudly. 

Y/n smiled weakly. "I know..." she trailed off before she fell asleep. Urokodaki stared at them both. "I accept you both as my students, Kigiku Y/n and Kamado Tanjiro," he said. 

Tanjiro painted his writings delicately with a brush to his journals as Nezuko was sound asleep. Y/n was chatting happily with Urokodaki, laughing, giggling, and smiling with her grandfather. The sound of her delicate giggles made Tanjiro blush. He glanced at Nezuko. Tanjiro then wore his haori and looked through the open sliding door as he looked at Nezuko. "Let's go," Urokodaki said as y/n was wearing her sandals. Tanjiro closed the door and went with them both. 

The demon slayer corps has several hundred members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government. Yet it's existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today, but as for who's leading the demon slayer corps, that remains a mystery. Demons. Staple food... humans! They kill humans and feed on them. 

No one knows when or where they first appeared. Their psychical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Flesh was restored after being hacked off and limbs could be regenerated. Some demons could shape-shift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight or decapitation with a special sword. 

The demon slayers battle the demons with their own mortal bodies. Since their humans, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back! Even so, they battled the demons to protect other humans. 

"I am a trainer, I literally train swordsmen," Urokodaki said. 

"There are other trainers, and each of them trains their pupils with their own regimen in their location. To join the demon slayers corps, you both must survive the final selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether you both are eligible or not for the final selection is up to me" Urokodaki said. After repeating going to the mountains day by day, Y/n and Tanjiro got better. Tanjiro agreed that Y/n should lead the way so that he wouldn't accidentally get beaten up by the bamboo again. Tanjiro always covered for Y/n, getting hit by the rocks for her, and pulling her away from the logs. 

Y/n and Tanjiro are both currently running down the mountains, dodging the logs and rocks, before sharp blades nearly hit Y/n, she sensed the steel touch and dodged it. "Is he trying to kill us?!" Y/n asked. Then Tanjiro held himself from falling down a hole with more blades. Y/n and Tanjiro's senses were getting sharper day by day. 

✿ 

Tanjiro wrote for the journal while glancing at Nezuko or Y/n here and there. 

The next day, they descended to the mountains with swords in hand, but the swords hampered their movements. Urokodaki watched them both as they both rushed down the steep path. Y/n jumped over the rope but Tanjiro got caught as it hanged him from the leg up high in the air. 

He waved his hands furiously as Y/n sweat dropped with dotted eyes. 

"991!" Tanjiro exclaimed. They both are swinging their swords, y/n's hands felt as if they were about to fall off. "1000!" Tanjiro and Y/n happily exclaimed. 

"500 more!" Urokodaki said with crossed arms. Y/n turned towards her grandfather with a stiff motion, her eyes twitched. "He really IS trying to kill us!" she mumbled. 

✿ 

Tanjiro's head bobbed as he fell asleep but kept himself awake as he was writing in his journal before he finally slept while sitting. 

"Swords break easily," Urokodaki said as he slashed the green wood. "If you both ever damage the blade, in other words, break it, I'll snap your guys' bones as well," Urokodaki said in a dangerous tone.