Chapter Three

Another day came and you were at the living room, pissed as you saw the whole Avengers, except yourself getting ready to leave. "We're counting on you to look after Loki, kid." Clint said, giving you a look, you nodded and sighed as your mission, as they call it, was to look after Loki, which by the way sound so fucking lame compared to what they are suppose to do. The whole team was to look at scene of the crimes, possibly to find any trace of any of Loki's gadgets, if you must call it that.

"Thank you again Y/N." Thor said, putting his hand onto your shoulder to show gratitude. You only nodded and gave him an effortless smile, knowing that you had gotten yourself into this bacuase of your own decisions, gain Loki's trust, what the fuck was I thinking?! You thought to yourself. Everyone left and you had bid them goodbye, after they clearly told you all their worries and suggestions to keep Loki under control.

You sat down on the sofa and sighed again. You stayed there for a while not knowing what you are suppose to do now. Another sigh, "Might as well start the mission now." You whispered to yourself, as you mockingly said the word 'mission'. You stood up and went to the elivator. Upon reaching your room, you searched for a book in your shelf. "What exactly interests a man with a handsome face but a brutal mind?" You asked yourself as you surf through your books. "Ahh..." You murmured. "The advetures of Bilbo Baggins." You describe as you pull out a book. "The Hobbit, " "Classic." You said and walked out of your room.

Reaching Loki's room, you knocked on his door. No response. You knocked again, Nothing, you started to feel nervous. You grabbed onto the knob and turned it, it was locked, that was it, you backed away from the door, taking a deep breath, you kicked the knob, resulting for the door to open. You hurriedly entered the room, eyes wide, but you found relief immediately as your eyes landed on a man with wide eyes and disbelief, still chained up, as he looked at you and what you had done to his door. You breathed out. "You're here, you scared the crap out of me." You said with a chuckle. "You broke my door." Was Loki response. I looked at his door and the knob was dangling off the door. "I did not." You answered and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "The knob is clearly broken, how do you expect that to close now? Hmm?" He asked with every pride on his voice along with annoyance. "If you tried to answer when I knocked, maybe it hade been kept safe, I thought you had escaped." You said. "With this chains? And your limiters? How do you expect me to escape?" He answered, calm but venomous. Then he suddenly smiled. "I do have a suggestion that I would love to share with you." He said as he looked at you and smiled. "It will benifit the two of us, I asure you." He trailed off, you laughed and pointed at him. "You're good." You told him, "But I'm better, so it won't work." You said, chuckling lightly at his attempt. "I suggest you hear my proposal." He again said, his smile not disappearing. "No, you will remain chained, whether you like it or not." You answered, this made his smile dissappear. "Then I do not want to see such mortal as yourself, you are of no use to me." He said, looking away. "And you to me, yet here I am." You answered waving your hands lazily to prove your point, so far your evaluation to his response to possibly giving him that pinch of freedom was low.

You looked at him and decided to read his thoughts, so you did. "I will escape here, and finish what I started, after killing the 'Avengers' as they disgustingly call themselves." You heard from his thoughts. "Oh I wouldn't call it disgusting." You said, snorting at his angry thoughts. "It's, tolerable, I quite like it even, The Avengers, do you not like the ring of that? " you asked mockingly as you walked towards him, Loki on the other hand, looked shocked, but before he could ask, you streched your hand, holding the book to him. He remained looking at you for a while, before deciding to look at what you hold. "I do not need such entertainment from your kind." He spat, not recieving the book. You rolled your eyes at his response. "You better take it while I'm nice, you have nothing to do in here, and I'm offering something to keep you busy." You said waving the book at him. Loki looked at you again and then the book, with a straight face, he reached out to grab the book but you raised it a bit further from his grasp, "Unless everything you hold is a weapon? Are you that type?" You asked mockingly, squinting your eyes. He gave you the most ridiculous look. "Even without the help of a weapon I am capable of breaking your neck." He had suggested, "Meh, I guess so..." you answered and handed him the book, a sly smile on your lips. Loki took while glaring at you.

You backed away until your back hit the wall, you leaned into it and looked at him as he held the book but remained glaring at you. You gestured him to do his buisness and he scoffed as he rolled his eyes, still looking at you, seemingly forceful, he opened the book finally, and with one final glare, he turned his attention to the book.

You remained leaning on the wall as you look at Loki, silently reading the book you had gave him. You found him quite charming at the time, with no prideful words coming out of his mouth and no mischievous eyes glaring at you. He was handsome alright, and you knew it, you knew very well that he was somebody you would like, if not his evil deeds. Then you thought what you had said last night the the rest of the Avengers. He was misunderstood...... So you dived once more into his mind, trying to search for his emotions, then you found something:Rage, greed, and..... Sadness, sadness that felt like a a single man falling in an endless dark abyss, alone. You took a deep breath and held your heart, feeling it drop from what you have seen, or felt in his mind.

Call it over dramatic if you must, but what you found him feeling was beyond normal, no man or even a god should feel this forsaken and alone, yet a proof that such feeling do unfortunately exists, and he sits infront of you, engulfed to the book you had given him.

"Oh dear, " You heard Loki say with his seemingly serious tone yet souded very teasing. "Are you alright?" He asked as you felt him trying to look at your face. You didn't know if he was serious with that question, but you brushed all thought and decided that you knew he loved seeing you in such pain. You shot him a glare as you take another breath which he returned with his signiture smirk. When you started to calm down, you looked at Loki and smiled slighlty, in sympathy and curiosity, remebering the emotion you had found in him.

"There IS more to you, is there, Loki?" You thought as you watch him read his book.