Chapter Twelve

"What do you think you were doing?!" Natasha hissed at you, Tony said nothing still in disbelief.

After that specific encounter, you Thor took his brother back to his room and came back to see you, Natasha and Tony in the living room, both of them scolding you. "I was doing my mission. "You said. "Releasing Loki is your mission?!" Tony aswered back which Thor and Natasha nodded and looked at you for an answer. "No!" You almost screamed. "To trust Loki and for Loki to trust YOU." You cleared up. "Haven't we had this talk trice now?!" You complained. "Cap knows what I'm doing, everyone does, including the three of you. I was allowed to do this in my means." You defended. The three of them still couldn't believe what you did but knew that what you said was true. Then sighed again as Tony brushed his fingers through his hair in frustration.
"Fine, Fine." He surrendered. "But, you just can't suddenly let him out of his room, AND in the middle of the night!" Tony argued. "What if he took a run for it? What will you do then? Hmm?" Tony confronted as he looked at you. You took a deep breath and said. "He didn't, did he?" You answered, looking straight at their eyes. "I trust Loki," You said and swallowed a lump on your throat. "and I understand why you don't, but I beg you to trust me." You said, your eyes softening as you looked at Thor. "Loki," you mentioned. "I want to know him, and maybe," You trailed still looking at Thor. "He will see the beauty of good." You nodded as you let Thor know that you didn't want to give up on Loki. Thor couldn't help but smile, he nods back, and this made you smile in relief. "He had done unforgivable things Y/N." Natasha said between greeted teeth. "So did I." You annouced and looked at her. This made everyone look at you. "I don't know what I have done, I've only heard from your stories, but I have done horrendous deeds," You stated. "yet here I am, standing for the good instead of being feared, all of you trusted me enough to join the Avengers despite my actions." You pointed out. A silence grew between the four of you, but you remained true to you intentions with Loki.

You suddenly remembered a vague memory of what you said. What you did, you heard screams and begging, crying and curses, you heard terror and fear in their voices as they begged for their lives, what have you done?

"Yours is different from his, Y/N, you were unaware of your actions, he was." Tony said. You shook the memory and looked back at Tony. "He regrets it," You hissed. "I felt it." You said, pointing out that you used your magic to Loki. "He knows he had done wrong and if he did not regret it, I should've been dead by now." You said. "Does regret bring back all he had killed?!" Tony answered as his eyes went wide with rage. "Does my unawareness bring back the ones I HAVE KILLED!" You answered back, this again had made them silent. You breathed out shakily and you felt something heavy in your heart.
    "What I did....." You started, your voice starting to tremble. "15.....Tony, I...God, there.....there were 15.....2 of them were children...." You managed to croak weakly, feeling a lump on your throat as you remembered the news that showed scenes of your horrid doings. Tony looked at your state, his heart breaking. "Y/N..." Tony whispered, unsure on what to say. But you tried to control your breathing, and relaxed, wiping the formed tears and looking straight at them. "I changed," You trailed off, "Whatever that I did, I know I didn't mean to, and I'm sure he feels the same as I do, the same way we do, Nat." You said, looking at Natasha, knowing she too knows exactly what you felt. An assasin trying to redeem herself, a girl with powers trying to redeem herself and a god who had been trying to redeem himself in every way. Nat looked back at you, but didn't answer, knowing what you had meant. You were all the same in different ways. "I changed...." You repeated, "He can too." you looked at them. "I'm sure of it." You whispered, tired of the shouting. Thor, Natasha and Tony heard this and felt their hearts melt at your ditermination.

They all sighed. Natasha looked at Thor and gave him a punch on the stomach. Thor leaned forward from the impact as his face crumpled in pain. "I told you Loki should've gone to prison." She said and that made you smile a little. This was a sign that they are finally letting you do this with your means. Natasha looked at you and grabbed you by the shoulder. "I can't trust Loki." She said as clearly she could have done. "But I trust you, and God I hope you don't make me regret this." You smiled at Natasha's statement and hugged her, she hugged you back as you said thank you. With that she took her leave, leaving you, Tony and Thor, who was still trying to let the pain of Natasha's punch go away. " I agree with Natasha, kid." Tony said and shook his head slowly. "I just hope that your decision won't cause you any danger." Tony said, his eyes full of worry as he put his hand on your shoulder and giving it a squeeze. "I'm strong," You said and looked at Tony in the eyes. "That's why I'm an Avenger, don't worry." You assured him. Tony chuckled at your response and stood up straight, he smiled at you once more, pain and sympathy for you and what you have gone through, visible in his eyes, "Go get some sleep, kid. The mission is still on." He suggested as he left and you nodded in response.
Now, you turn your attention to Thor. "I know Loki more than anybody in this tower does," He started, which you nodded in response, because you knew it was the truth. "I feel happy that you trust him this much, however, do not lower your guard." Thor warned. You gave him a small smile, you knew he was only worried, so you let it pass. "I know, Thor." You answered, and with that, Thor escorted you to your room and you found sleep almost immediately.

The next day came and you found Natasha and Tony at the living room wearing a semi-formal attire, just like you did, you smiled at them and they returned the gesture as you all walked out of the tower. You felt a rush of excitement as today was the day you check the crime scenes.

This is gonna be so fun.... You beamed.