Chapter Thirty One

You were lying down on the hospital bed, unconscious, but alright. It had been a day since your surgery and blood transplant, now, you're resting soundly on the bed, the color on your face came back, and you were breathing softly. Loki was sitting beside you, he held your hand tightly, watching  the green line indicating your heartbeat. The doctor had informed that your surgery was a success and you were far from any kind health issues. Clint was also present this time, he came the moment he had done his part, worried sick. Tony was on the opposite side of your bed, on a wheelchair, after giving you some of his blood. He was okay, but ofcourse weak, after blood was taken out of his body, not that he mind, Tony wanted you to be safe.

Clint was visibly bothered that Loki was holding your hand so tight, he didn't like the look of that, he had heard from the others about your success in keeping Loki from escaping the Avengers. He had heard about your feelings about this god, but he doesn't want to believe it until he had heard it from you.

Cap on the other hand was right outside your room with Thor, speaking with Natasha and Bruce via the communicator, trying figure out what had happened in that facility.
Loki raised his head and looked straight at you as your released a small groan. Everyone else, leaned a little closer as well, holding their breaths. You slowly opened your eyes, a white ceiling greeting your adjusting vision. You opened your mouth to try to speak, but you felt your throat was dry. Then you remembered what happened, the facility, the people, Avory. Then for some reason, you felt the pain of the bullet that had hit you, you felt it resonate on your body, making you gasp for air as you tried to sit down.

Loki stood up immediately and held your shoulder down, pinning you on the bed. "Stay put, Y/N. " Loki said softly. You looked at him with wide eyes, and he gave you a soft smile. "Calm down." Loki cooed, with that you felt yourself slowly relax, as you slowly took a breath. Now with a cleared mind, you furrowed your eyebrows. "Loki?" you asked, realising why Loki was infront of you, when you were on a mission. He smiled and nodded. You looked around and found Tony by your side, Clint by the end of your bed and Thor and Steve by the door, all of them looking at you, with worry and relief visible in their eyes. You tried to sit up again, this time, Loki helping you do so. "Slowly..." You heard Tony say as he moved closer to you again. When you were able to sit down properly, you realized that youbwere at a hospital. "What happened?" You asked as you leaned on the frame of the bed. "You got shot, twice close to your abdomen." Tony explained. "Loki was able to seal your wound before you could loose too much blood," Tony explained. "So it's all....thanks to him." You looked at Tony, then a Loki, who seemed surprised to Tony's words. Tony meant what he had said, it was just right to thank Loki for what he had done, because of him, you were alive right now and for that, Tony was thankful. You smiled at what Tony had said and you held his hand, thanking him for appreciating Loki's deeds. He squeezed your hands as well, nodding with a sigh.

"Well, because of me too really, my blood now flows through your veins you know, I think I owe a thank you." You groaned and rolled your eyes at His attempt in ruining the moment, you laughed lightly. You noticed that Tony was in a wheelchair, and was about to adress it with worry, but he spoke first," I'm fine, kid, you're in a worse condition right now, worry about yourself." He said. You wanted to speak but you knew Tony would have stopped you, so you sighed and said, "Thanks, dad." You said, half jokingly and half sincere. Tony returned the joke with a disgust look for what you had said, causing you to laugh.

Joking aside, you were really thankful of Tony, he really was a father to you, after loosing your parents, and you love him with all your heart.

You all then turned your head towards the door as knock echoed. Steve opened it and the doctor enters. He sees you and smiles at your state. "Oh Mis Y/N, you're finally awake." He stated, which you nodded to, smiling. "Would you all want to hear Y/N's test results?" The doctor asked. Before you could even say yes, Tony answered for you. "Let's hear that outside, I heard from Thor that Loki and Y/N had something to talk about." You furrow your eyebrows towards Tony and you he give you a small wink and glare at Loki. Clint didn't like this, and he made it clear with his expression, but Tony pushed him out telling him that you could handle yourself.
Loki saw Tony glaring at him as they exit the room, implying that Loki need to tell Y/N what he truly feels. Loki chuckled lightly as he shook his head, blushing slightly. Loki didn't realize Tony knew what he feels about you. "What the fuck was that?" You asked, still looking at the closed door. "Well, I suppose they are aware that we have a lot to talk about." Loki answered and smile at you. You felt your heart to a small backflip as you melted into his gaze. Before you turn into a tomato, you looked away. "What exactly are going to talk about?" You asked, playing with your fingers. Loki looked at you, as you were looking at your hand. He was mesmerized by you, he had fallen inlove yet he still falls like it was the first time he eve did fell for you.

Then he remembered Thor's words, that you have heard him call and claim you to be less than what you are to him.

Loki clenched his fists as he cursed himself for saying such words about you. "I was informed that you have heard my conversation with Thor that night." Loki started. You tensed up, aware of what he was talking about. You let out an awkward chuckle and looked at him, giving him a confused looked. "What night?" You lied.
"Y/N." Loki said, staring straight at you. You stared back, and for a while you both stayed like that.
You were the first to look away, looking back down to your hands, you sighed, then you let out another chuckle. "Yeah, I did." You confirmed with a sigh. Loki knew that, yet hearing it straight from you, that you have actually heard him broke his heart. He felt as if he betrayed you.

I have once again betrayed a person who cared for me. Loki thought bitterly, feeling guilty that even after you had heard him say that, you still remained by his side. Loki looked at you when he herd you release a broken laugh. "It's fine," You assure him, making Loki's heart break once more. "I mean, I don't want to be called an entertainment." You said laughing, trying to lighten the mood. "I guess I kinda knew you meant, I was a friend, you weren't really just sure how to say it." You tried to explain, assuring yourself as well.
No....Loki thought, as he still look at you. Then you laughed again and looked at Loki with a smile. "But I definitely don't want to be called an entertainment." You said, mocking his words. "Next time, try saying friend—"

Your words were cut short.

Your eyes went wide, your body tensed, your heart exploded, and your stomach was filled with butterflies.
Loki held your back with one hand, the other on your cheek, his soft lips planted unto yours.

He kissed you.... Loki kissed you.