Chapter Forty Two

Back at the Tower again, Loki finally changing back to his usual clothing. Tony and the others have yet to come back from their end, meaning it was Steve, Clint You and Loki that had arrived back in the tower. On the way back you discussed about the kidnaps, informing them you found nothing this time, at least nothing that will help with the mission. Steve  and Clint as well, found nothing too useful, only  able to see CCTV footages of streets where the vitcitms had walked, all leading back to their home as their last stop. Frustration built up inside you, as well as impatience, you couldn't believe that this was taking so slow when people are about to be used as a weapon for a selfish desire of a certain person, along with this, was a split second of a painful headache, like a bullet penetrating your skull, but it disappeared quickly, leaving you shocked and confused on what you had just felt.

The sun finally set and the sky turned dark hue, no stars visble. Tony, Natasha, Thor and Bruce finally arrived, they looked like they were more tired than your side, panting and a spark in their eyes. This made all of you stand up, from their expression, now expecting a good news of their search. "Did you find anything?" Steve asked, looking at Tony. Tony huffed and let out a small laugh, sitting down on the coach, all of your gazes following the man's movement. A few moment of silence, you were waiting for the tired man's answer. "We found two abandoned places, they were smaller than the place Andi told us, but it can hold a number of people." Tony started, now getting you all intriuged, as you sat down as well, ready to hear the details. "We asked some people, mostly close at the edge the city, if they noticed something weird recently," Natasha started, Tony groaning towards her for taking the spotlight. "A lot said none, but a number of them complained of sudden power disruptions, split second, then it would comeback." Nat added. "We tried following the wirings, where the electricity flows, outside the city that is....then we found those two places." Bruce explained. "But here's the thing." Tony suddenly said, taking hack the thunder as he leaned forward, raising his index finger. "We couldn't check the places." Tony was cut short by Thor. You couldn't help but laugh a little, it was very unprofessional of you, knowing that you were all speaking in seriousness, but the way they just cut Tony off, and his reactions to it, it was amusing as fuck. But before the laughter would worsen, you swallowed it and cleared your throat. "We couldn't risk being seen, as we are still unaware of what their movement are and when." Thor added as he put down his hammer. "Wanda will be back by tommorow, Natasha and her will be on the look out at each facilites, changing to Clint and Me, by the afternoon, then it would cycle." Tony explained, "See if their would be odd activites, and identify when we will attack." He added, sighing.

You all nodded, you anxiously chewing on your nail. There were 347 victims of kidnapping already, thsi past 2 and a half month, 190 of them like the once you have seen, clean, like they had just left, not been kidnapped, the rest being categorized as a different case, but you begged to differ, you felt as if this were to cover their tracks, making it look scattered, rather than everything leading to one place. It scared you, how could someone  take advantage of  human life that easily. Weapons? Mindless zombies? How could Avory step on someones worth like that? With fear came rage, you felt your blood boil. During the mission, you couldn't catch her, Avory was there infront of you, but you let her leave, you let her out your sight and now, the number of victims increased.

Loki was looking at you as you bit your nails, furrowed eyebrows and intent focus to nothing. He knew you were feeling frustrated, but he wasn't sure what to say. Trying his best, he opened his mouth, about to speak, when he heard the coach move, as if trembling, along with the table and a few vases and items in the living room starting to float slighlty, shaking in place. Loki looked around, confused on what he was seeing, then he looks at your angered state, realizing that you might be doing this. He held hand out, grabbing you on your shoulder, "Y/N." He said, his voice loud. You flinched, realizing that you were overthinking, as you looked at the worried god. You blinked a couple of times and stammered, "Y-yeah?" Loki on the other hand looked around, everything finally settled, the items a little bit out of place, but finally down on where it is supposed to be, the sofa and table settled on their places. Loki breathed out and then looked back at you. "Are you okay?" He asked, concern in his eyes. "Yeah..." You whispered, but then another headache similar to a while ago, penetrated you skull, making you cringe in pain. It lingered a little longer than a while ago, making you groan and shut your eyes tight. "You're not." Loki complained, confirming it from your reaction. "No I'm fine, it's nothing..." You breathed, the headache finally disappearing. You raised your head and gave Loki a reassuring smile as you convince that you were alright. After a while, Loki finally gave in, letting his hand off from your shoulder. "I didn't think you would be the type to let your powers be overwhelmed by your emotions." Loki suddenly teased, but your reaction was not of what Loki expected, you looked confused, clearly not understanding what Loki said. Loki furrowed his eyebrows, "A while ago, all the thing were trembling, moving on their own, I assumed that was of your doing?" Loki asked, uncertainty a lot more clearer. But as he explained, you looked more and more confused. "That's not possible..." You said, trying to comprehend Loki's observation. "At least of what we know, I've lost control of my emotions plenty of times, worse than what I'm feeling right now, but never did my powers take over because of it." You explained. Confusion as well, now taking over the god. "My powers are of concious mind, I should be aware when I'm using it." You added.

"Then what did that?" Loki asked, confused as you. You looked at him, another pain surging through your head, "I don't....know..." You said, clutching your temples, eyes shut. Many questions bombarded your mind, why now? You questioned your headaches, cursing its timing. What's happening....