Chapter Forty

You along with Loki, Steve and Clint were walking in the streets of Brooklyn, all in your casual attires, Loki complaining about the choice of clothing he was given, being of a black shirt with a medium sized cute print of a cartooned reindeer wearing a green collar and bell, along with dark blue jeans and a sneakers, Tony's choice, might you mention. It fit him well, and you had tried to convince him that his attire wasn't too bad, but he thinks otherwise, saying that he will tolerate Midgardian clothes if it would be a suit, as accordingly, it was the closest to being fashionable in comparison to his leather Asgardian clothings.....yeah sure... "Stop whining..." You pushed as you gave him a quick glare, trying to catch up with Clint and Steve. Loki glared back at you, trying to point out his thoughts about his clothings again, causing you to roll your eyes.

"Yeah let's split up here, here are infos, adresses you can check, houses of those who were kidnapped." Steve said, as the four of you stood on an alley, Steve handing you a piece of paper. "We already have the police's word, so investigating won't be as hard, but try to go unoticed, Avory or her allies might be around, especially since she had seen your face." He added, looking at you, and giving you another piece of paper, containing informations about the investigations of the police. You accepted these papers and took a look before nodding towards them. Steve and Clint nodded back, saying that they'll check the others as well, and talk to the local police officers hadling this cases, try to get more informations as possible, and with that, Loki and you started to walk opposite directions to Clint and Steve.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Loki suddenly asked after a while of walking side by side. You looked at the man then straight back to where you were headed. "Anything; clues, signs of entry; items that may be odd, out place...anything that may help us lead to Avory." You said wearily, as you pushed the door to a cozy cafe. Loki shrugged, following you inside. Someone greeted you, welcoming the both of you in the cafe, smiling as an answer to the person, you thanked them and then went straight to the counter, ordering two  black coffees. "And what is the purpose of us being here?" Loki asked once again, implying the cafe. You looked at him a smile growing on you lips. "Nothing, just thought we should go on a small date first." You gushed teasingly as your boyfriend's expression showed confusion. As if trying to figure out what you mean, his expression changed to realization as he said, "Ahhh, a date..." He started, nodding, "I've heard from Thor about the requirements of being in a relationship, and If I must say, it sounded very demanding and complicated." Loki said, as you grabbed the coffee off the counter, paying and thanking the cashier. "Yet here you are, in a relationship." You pounted out, laughing at his remark, handing him the coffee. He shrugged again, a small smile on his lips, saying, "I make exceptions..." Taking the coffee from your hand. You felt your ears heat up, but immediately masked your flattered reaction with an awkward laugh, patting his back. "Relax, I'm only taking caution, making sure that we look as normal as we could if somebody is watching. " You confirmed, pushing him slightly by the shoulder. Loki looked at you, a sly smile growing at his lips saying, "I prefer the date..." Making your heart skip a beat. You looked at him, now failing to cover your crimson tinted cheeks and him, looking at you amused, smiling sheepishly, knowing he had accomplished in flattering you once more. You glared at him causing him to laugh at you state pulling you closer to him, and kissing your temple. "We're on a mission Loki..." You grumbled, as Loki winded his grip on your shoulder. "Like you said, we need to look normal, not like we are on a mission." He chimed as he snaked his hand to yours interwining your fingers together, now his smile turning softer and more satisfied.

You looked at him, his smile warming your inside as you squeeze his hand. Funny that your first date would be a mission, but the both of you didn't mind, only enjoying the moment you both were able to spend together. While walking, stopping by shops midway, both in trying to look normal and also because you wanted to spend some time with Loki, you were reminded of how Loki had become part of your life, from your genuine annoyance for babysitting the god, to your growing fondness and the unexpected blossoming of Love, to his promise to never leave your side. You smiled as you looked at the man you love, scrowling at the view of an Iron-Man Toy displayed in a shop. How lucky you were to have a man like Loki. "Loki," You whispered catching his attention. "Yes, love?" He said, looking at you. You smiled again then started to leave the shop you both have entered. Loki followed behind you, catching up, and holding your hand once more. "Thank you for listening to my story." You continued, reminding him the stories you had told him about your past, looking straight at where you were walking. Loki looked at you and smiled, feeling contented and happy that you have appreciated his attempt of comforting, knowing he wasn't the best at that. "Anything for you, Y/N." He cooed, his tone spilling obvious admiration to you. Your smile widened as you squeezed his hand again. "Funny that I told you I'll listen to your problem, but I burdened you with mine first..." You said chuckling, remembering the night you told him that you'll listen to whatever he was holding back on. You felt bad, that Loki never got the chance to talk about it to you, but never wanted to press or force him to do so, so you remained silent, waiting for him to open up. Loki only chuckled, now taking his turn in squeezing your hand. "But you have, my love." He said, implying he have told you about his problems, his fear already. You looked at him, wide eyes and embarrassed that you had not noticed, nor had any knowledge of when or what exactly he had told you. You opened your mouth, but nothing came out, unsure what to say, feeling bad that you had not payed any attention when he had accordingly, told you. Loki looked back at you and laughed again, taking his hands off yours and pulling you by the waist, as the both of you walk through the streets. "I'm so fucking sorry.... I'm a bad girlfriend." You mumbled, unsure of what to actually say. You felt Loki laugh lightly again. "Oh no, might I remind you that you said it was something wanted to shout, when I told you, I did not scream, you can say, that the way I told you was subtle." Loki comforted as he swayed you a little. "Still...." You grumbled making the man more amused at your embarrassed state.

After a short silence, you build up a courage to ask him, "If I may ask, what did you tell me exactly?" Loki smiled and then looked at you... "That I was afraid of being alone, and that you, the moment you have bombarded my life," You scoffed at his choice of words, rolling your eyes. "had assured that I was long far from being alone." He said, his voice soft and full of love. Your smile started to grow, now remembering his words when he showed vulnerability and told you his stories. "I remember now..." You answered, smiling warmly at the man you love. He smiled back, leaning to kiss you lightly on the lips. But you turned your head forward, avoiding his lips, a sly smile on your lips and saying, "Now for the mission, were close to the street leading to where we're going." you mentioned as you walked faster, now your back facing Loki's shocked state.

Loki fixed his posture, looked at your satisfied back walking, almost skipping. He scoffed, feeling offended that you had avoided his attempt to  kiss you. "Quite a date this is..." He spat, making you snort at his complaint but not answering letting him grumble and curse you for doing such thing.