Chapter Twenty Seven

Loki was anxiously walking back and forth creating noise from the chains hitting each other. Loki was aware that you can handle yourself, but when you love someone, you just can't help but worry about them, this is what Loki was feeling for you right now.

"What the fuck...." You whispered, looking at a big lab. About ten seats was placed everywhere, but that wasn't what gave you shivers.
In each of those seats, a person was seated, half of their faces covered with a chunk of metal(like a hat).
You walked towards one of them, furrowed eyebrows. You stretched your hand out and was about to touch the metal on their head....

"I recommend you not to touch those." You quickly turned your head towards where the voice came from, turning your guard up. A middle aged women with a lab coat stood at the other end of the room, a smile on her face. You stood straight, keeping your defense high, "Who are you? What is this?" You asked, glaring at her. She chuckled again, "I'm Avory, you are?" She said. "Avory..." You thought. "So you were the one who did this..." You thought again, rage boiling inside of you. "What are planning?" You demanded. Avory chuckled once again, "I answered the question you had asked me first, Don't be a bitch and answer mine..." She said calmly, but you heard a hint of superiority in her voice. You breathed out a trembly exhale. "Mind." You said. Avory scoffed and roller her eyes. "That super hero name, how chidlish can you all be." She spat in disgust. You ignored this and demanded once again, "What are you planning, why are this people in such conditon? Where are the other victims?"

"Woah now, that's alot of questions." Avory said in exaggeration. You only glared at her. She fixed her coat and then said, "Well, if you're interested, I'll give you a little intell of what this is." She said, spreading her palm, indicating the people who were seated. "This is a tiny experiment," she started. "Of my own." She said with all confidence, that made you scrowl in disgust. You're confident to be using innocent people for your disgusting 'experiment'. You thought. "You're creating a war?" You asked, anger noticable in your voice. Avory laughed silently. "Yes, I am." She confirmed. "The world needs cleansing," You furrowed your eyebrows. "Oh no, I'm not planning on ending the human race." Avory said, chuckling. "I'm merely trying to discipline it." She confirmed. "This world need order, and I will give it that." She said and smiled.

"How will you do that?" You asked again. She shrugged. "Like you said, a war."
"I will show people fear, chaos and I," Avory breathed. "will come to the rescue, I will lead the people towards order and discipline."  You snorted. This made Avory look at you, raising an eyebrow, feeling offended.
You on the other hand, remembered what Loki had done. He wanted the same as what this women wanted...to rule. "A god failed at that, I doubt you will succeed." You spat at her, a mocking smile on your lips. She glared at you. "That's because you wretches have nothing else to do but ruin plans, I want order and discipline, that clearly human race lacks," She hissed. "you," she spat, a clear hint of disgust as she pointed at you. "Heroes, want to save the day." She mocked.  "Without the intension of seeing the corruption of what you protect!" She spat, glaring at you.

You were silent. You didn't know what to say, but you remained standing straight to your purpose. You know that there were more ways to fix the world, it didn't have to be Avory's way,but you knew you couldn't change her mind. Avory breathed out, and that confidence in her face came back, as she composed herself. She pointed at the people in the seats. "This are my  weapons." She said and smiled. This made you furrow your eyebrows again. "Mindless zombies..." She said with a chuckle. "What?" You asked as you peeked at one of the people. "Explanations are always broring..." Avory started as she walked towards one of the seats. You backed away slightly, as you put your hand on the gun on you thigh. "Demonstration are always fun." Avory continued, an excited smile on her face as she started to take the metal off of one of the person.
You looked at it, the person took a sharp breath with wide eyes, but this quickly diminished, now the person had a blank expression. Avory leaned towards the man's ear and whispered something.

This resulted for the man to look at you. He stood up, he's expression still blank. Avory stood straight and watched as the man approached you.
You were confused, but you kept your gurad up. Suddenly the man rushed towards you. He threw a punch straight to your face, but you were able to dodge this. The man continued to attack and you continued to doged, still confused on what was happening. Mindless zombies..you repeated in your head, you were starting to understand. "Wake up!" You screamed as you continued to dodge the man's attacks.

Shit... You thought, you couldn't hurt them, you know you shouldn't, so all your attacks were limited to defense. You looked at the man's empty eyes and dived into his mind....none...you found none, their emotion, their thoughts, it was a blank board, the man's consciousness clearly erased, the body only moving to the order given by Avory.

You heard Avory laugh at your attempt. "Brainwash is a wonderful thing when used properly," she said. "Your words are no use to him, he listens to me." She said. For a split second, you glared at her, causing you to loose focus on your attacker, you felt a strong blow on your stomach, making you gasp for air,  backing away, you kneeled from the pain. The man landed a punch. You looked at the man and stood up, clutching your stomach with one hand. You didn't know what to do, you couldn't hurt the man infront of you, he was innocent, he was only being used.
As you continue on dodging the mans attacks, Avory moved towards the others seated in the other seats, whispering the same command she had given the man, she released them one by one. She then came near the last person, she took the metal of its head and then leaned in for a whisper, as she handed a pistol.

"Kill Her."