Chapter Forty One

"So I'll be on the look out?" Loki asked which you nodded in response, both of you walking closer to the location. You both were lucky enough that it was a busy street for the both of you to go unoticed. Stopping on the other side of the street facing the a building, you looked at Loki nodding at him before crossing the street. You entered the building and was greeted by, you assumed are tenants of the apartments they offered. You smiled widely and turned towards one of them. "Excuse me?" You asked, getting the attention of a man. He looked at you and held his gaze for too long, making you uncomfortable, as you cleared your throat, bringing the mam back to reality. "Uh, yeah?" He asked, giving you a smile. Loki on the other hand was looking around, seemingly admiring the place, but truthfully searching for any signs of both of you being stalked. "Where can I speak with the owner?" You asked, a sweet smile on your lips. The man mouth opened then closed and then nodded, "Oh, um, that would be in second floor, first door to your left." He answered, smiling back. You nodded and thanked him, and was about to leave when he called you again, "Uh, do you...want me to guide you?" He asked, as you noticed a blush on his cheeks, you raised your eyebrows realizing what was happening, he was flirting. You were about to answer, but felt a strong presence behind you, "I don't mean to impose, but that would be unnecessary." You heard Loki say, his voice calm and his face blank. The man looked at Loki, probably realizing who he is and said sorry before leaving, you thanked the man once more before finally walking towards the stairs towards second floor, Loki following behind you. "Do men usually try to get your attention on a daily basis?" You snorted and looked behind your shoulder, not believing what Loki was asking you. "I am serious, Y/N." He demanded, making you laugh. "I wouldn't say on a daily basis, but from time to time, yes." You answered, your laugh slowly lowering as you reached the second floor. You stepped to the side and peeked at the paper you were holding. "Apartment number 24...." You whispered and remembering Steve mentioning a spare apartment at the same floor that Apartment 24 was. "You don't seem to deal with it quite well." You looked at Loki, with a confused expression, tilting your head. He was still about the man's attempt of flirting. You wanted to shush him and tell him to drop it, but decided to entertain him still, for the sake of your cover to not be blown, you still needed to take caution for possible stalkings or spy. "I can hadle it quite well actually, thank you very much." You pointed out as you started to walk towards the direction the man gave you. "Not by the looks of it a while ago." You heard Loki answer, making you roll your eyes as you knocked on the door. "You spoke before I could, might I remind you." You answered again, turning towards him, rasing your eyebrow. Loki was about to say samething again, but the door swung open, an old woman greeting you.

You smiled and then exchanged greeting, Loki still bothered by the thought of number of men, attempting to flirt with you. "We were just passing by and searching for an apartment, then saw this cute place, is there any available rooms that we can look through?" You asked, smiling. The old lady smiled back and said, "Yes ofcourse, I have one on the next floor up, 2 more on the fourth floor." She informed. "We want to look at the space just above this floor, please." You said again, the old lady nodding and guiding you towards the 3rd floor. Upon reaching, you walked pass the doors, numbers on its top, indicating what number the room was.

22, 23........24.

"Here we are!" The old lady said, making you look at the door infornt of you. Room 25. You smiled again as the old lady started to open the door. You were greeted by an average size space, a good apartment for its price, you entered the started looking around, as if inspecting your new home, if it fits your likings. Loki followed your lead, now his head back on the mission. "There are 2 rooms, one bathroom, a cozy living room and a kitchen on its side." The old lady explained enthusiastically. You nodded, admiring the place. You  entered one room, and the other, Loki on your tail, as you found a window beside the bed on the second room. You looked at him, nodding as you noticed that the window led to a window to its left, room 24, the apartment of the victim of the kidnaping. Loki nodded back and said, "This room is beautiful, take a closer look, my love." He gushed dramatically, making you laugh momentarily but agreeing as you enter the room. Loki on the other hand, started to move away from the room and walk towards the old lady, asking her to explain price of the place, keeping her distracted as you make your move.

After hearing Loki keeping the old lady distracted, you finally moved towards the window, sliding it open and looking out, trying to search for possible look-outs, thankfully found none, with that said, you stepped on the window and jumped out, making yourself float. Taking such complicated actions to search for evidences seemed unnecessary, knowing that you had the polices'a greement to your investigation, but you decided to do this for precaution, and also because the kidnaps had not been known to the public, to avoid steering up panic and fear, meaning the people have no knowledge that the occupant of room 24 was kidnapped, funny actually, because according to the report from the police, the vitim was kidnapped in his home, yet nobody noticed, how bizarre. You quickly maneuvered towards your left, stopping infront of the window. You held it up, thankfully it slid open, as you immediately entered. Landing on your feet quitely, your eyes wondered on the victim's room, it was cold, indicating the lack of human life being present for a while in the place. You walked towards the door, leading to the their living room, opening it with your gloved hands, and like the house you searched along with Tony and Natasha, no sign of distress or panic was visible, it was as if the tenant just left his apartment like any other day. Walking around, looking at every corner, every small spaces, the coach, the cabinets, none.... No trace of even a strand of hair. You groaned, frustration taking over. You took a last minute check but to no avail, now quickly leaving and returning to where you were suppose to be to avoid doubts.

Loki was still speaking to the old woman, growing impatient as he took small glances towards the room that you had just left. "That room is amazing, but it seemed small to my likings." Loki heard you comment, as you left the room an apologetic smile on your face. Loki felt himself breath out as you walk towards him, leaning to his side, putting your hand on his waist. "Is that so? That's unfortunate." Loki answered, putting his arms on your shoulder, pulling you closer. "Well, there are great features of this apartments, small sacrifices are necessary, right?" The old lady convinced, chuckling, Loki and you only smiled. "If you ever decide that you want this place, just call." The old lady said, as you all started to leave the apartment and head downstairs again, Loki now holding you by your hand. "Of course! Thank you very much." You answered as the lady entered her apartment. You smiled once more as the lady faced the both of you, hands on her door. "By the way?" She started, which you smiled to, waiting for her to continue. "Are you guys newly wed?" You felt your body stiffen and your face turn red at the old lady's question, Loki, as shocked as you, but was able to compose himself faster. "No, but we are lovers." Loki answered, clearing his throat and glacing towards you, a smile growing on his lips as he saw your reaction. "Oh, sorry for the assumption, but you both really look good together." The old lady complemented. Upon gain composure, you laughed slighlty and said thank you, the old lady smiling contently saying, "Ahh young love," making you chuckle in embarrassment.

After that, the old lady finally let you both go and said goodbye. Now, you were leaving the building, your cheeks still red, Loki smiling happily at the old woman's words. "It is wonderful that that sweet old midgardian find us as newly weds." He hummed, swaying your intertwined hands slighlty. "Even calling it young love, I never thought I would  be so delighted by the words of a human." He sing-song, as he looked at you. You smiled at him, feeling as happy as him. "I don't think a thousand year old god is young, but sure..." You teased, taking back your hand, smiling slyly. Loki's expression turning annoyed at your claims. "You do very well in ruining the moment." He cursed making you laugh, "Well, you're not the only one blessed with sarcasm." You answered, eyeing him up and down... "Quite a date this is." He repeated, rolling his eyes, returning by your side and holding your hand once more.