Chapter Seventeen

You woke up in the middle of the night and had the urge to drink. Everyone(Wanda, Thor, Tony, Steve, Natasha and Bruce) decided to stay in the tower for a week, thus them sleeping here tonight. You walked lazily towards the elevator as you yawned, rubbing your eyes.

Upon reaching the kitchen, you were about to enter when you heard muffled voices coming from the living room, with squinted eyes you looked there and found the lights were on. You looked at the kitchen again and decided that the water can wait, slowly you walked towards the living room and stopped just where the light stopped illuminating.
It was Loki and Thor. They weren't really arguing but Loki looked irritated at whatever they were talking about. "Admit it Loki, you like her." Your body stiffened. Loki liked someone.... You thought, your heart sinking. "I do not," Loki said with a composed tone, "Can we stop this now, it's rather stupid." Loki demanded as he was about to walk away. "If you do not like Y/N, then how exactly do you see her?" Thor hissed, somewhat pissed that his brother cannot say what he actually feels. You were frozen, me? You thought....a bitter smile grew on your lips, some one sided love I have.... You thought as Thor's words repeated itself in your head. Loki doesn't like me...You thought again, of course he doesn't, it was obvious from the start you dumbass... You hissed at yourself.
"Bother, I asked what you think of her?" Thor asked, his voice more strained. Loki looked at Thor once more and paced towards him, with a straight face. "She is mere entertainment." Loki said. "I cannot leave this tower, and I have this limiters, the moment I am to step out, I'm certain I will die and not be able to defend myself," Loki hissed as he glared at Thor. "So she....keeps me occupied as you keep me locked in this wretched tower." Loki finished as he went back to looking composed again.

You heart broke, drowned and sank. The words Loki had said had cut deep. Entertainment.... It echoed to you mind. You chuckled ever so softly, as you felt a warm tear trickle down your cheek. Ofcourse... You thought again and shook your head, wiping the tear and started to walk back......big mistake. A loud noise echoed throughout the the living room, your eyes went wide as you looked at the lamp you have knocked over. Shit..... You hissed at yourself. Thor and Loki turned to your direction looked at each other. You saw them coming near you and this made your heart beat fast in fear. Think...think. You thought as you looked around. Then something came to your mind. Thor and Loki found you in the dark hallway as you slowly fix the lamp into its place, you looked at them with squinted eyes, as if you had woken up, or half asleep. "What are you guys doing here?" You asked with a hoarse, sleepy voice, acting likenyoubhad just gotten out of bed. Loki and Thor remained their, their eyes wide. "And you?" Thor asked. You looked at them, still keeping up the act and then looked at the kitchen. "I got water..." You answered and yawned. "Well, I'll go first... I guess." You said, sounding more sleepy that ever.
You entered the elevator and when it closed, you breathed out and sat down. You smiled at yourself bitterly as you still felt your heart break, Loki's words echoing in your mind." I should've known..." You whispered to youself and stood up as the elevator door opened, with Loki's words in you mind, you walked to your room and tried to sleep again.

Loki was now pacing back and forth in his room, did she hear.... He thought, anxiety coursing through his body as he remembered when Thor called him a while ago to talk.

"What is it that you need?" Loki said with irritation in his voice as he looked at Thor. Thor didn't answer and only walked out. Loki furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed. He rolled his eyes and stood up to follow his brother. They both stood in the living room now, looking at each other. "What?" Loki complained. "Y/N," Loki immediately looked at his brother when Thor mentioned your name. "What does this have to do with Y/N?" Loki asked, looking more interested in Thor. Thor smiled slightly. "Now I'm certain." Thor said with a small chuckle. "Of what?" Loki only asked. "You like her." Thor said. Loki stiffened. An image of you smiling suddenly popped into his head, a smile starting to grow on his lips. But Wanda's words once again occupied Loki's brain. His smile disappeared and he looked straight at his brother. "No I do not." He said with a straight face. Thor rolled his eyes. "Yes, you do," He trailed, "Admit it Loki, you like her." Thor said, with all certainty. "I do not." Loki lied. "Can we stop this now, it's rather stupid." Loki said and looked back not wanting to prolong this conversation.
"If you do not like Y/N, then how exactly do you see her?" Thor hissed. Wanda's words kept echoing in Loki's mind, and because of it he knew he shouldn't get attached to you, not too much at least. "Brother, I asked what you think of her.." Loki heard his brother ask. So with Wanda's words on his mind, Loki faced Thor and paced towards him. "She's a mere entertainment." Loki spat, his heart breaking because of the lie. "I cannot leave this tower, and I have this limiters, the moment I am to step out, I'm certain I will die and not be able to defend myself," Loki hissed as he glared at Thor, that statement was true, but you being only an entertainment, he knew that was a big lie. "So she....keeps me occupied as you keep me locked in this wretched tower."Loki finished as he once again stood straight. Thor looked at Loki in disbelief, he couldn't believe his brother still lied.

A loud noise from the dark hallway suddenly echoed throughout the living room, Loki and Thor looked at where the noise had come from and decided to see what had made the noise.
Upon reaching the hallway, Loki's eyes went wide as his heart started to beat fast in concern. You were standing their, fixing the knocked over lamp. You looked at them with squited eyes and Loki's worry lessened, "Looks like she's half asleep..." Loki thought, the worry still remaining though.

"You say she's a mere entertainment, yet you pace around your room, worried she might have heard your words..." Thor said, annoyance heard in his voice as he sat down on Loki's bed. Loki didn't answer, he only glared at Thor. "What made you say those Loki, I know you feel the opposite of what you have just told me." Thor asked again. Loki stopped walking and looked at his brother.
They both stayed like this for awhile, but Loki decided to break the silence with a sigh. "Alright." He said. Loki sat down beside Thor and told him what Wanda had said at the balcony. Thor listened quitely. When Loki finished, Thor looked at his brother's worried face and sighed. "You do like her." Thor said as he nods slightly. Loki rolled his eyes, "Do I have to spell that out for you?" He said, finally admiting it. Thor smiled at his brother's response, finally he had accepted his feelings. "Have you seen the way Y/N look at you?" He asked and looked forward, this time, it was Loki who looked at Thor. "Those were the look of someone who has no plans on leaving you." Thor said. "Honestly, I'm scared YOU would leave her." Thor said, scoffing. Loki did not utter a word. After saying this, Thor looked at his brother once more and patted his shoulder, before standing up and leaving his room.

Loki sat there, unsure of what to think, remembering how you hugged him so tight and your kiss on his forehead as you said goodnight. Loki smiled at the thought, seemingly more convinced that you won't leave him alone like Wanda had said...