Chapter Nineteen

You were wearing a sports bra, along with a cycling shorts up to your knees, you had your hair up to ponytail, handwraps on covering your knuckles and footwraps on your heels. Steve was infront of you, smiling the same as you. You both were standing in a mat, positioned for a fight. "Don't go easy on me now." You said, a glint of excitement in your eyes. "I wouldn't, I'll gain injuries if I do so." Steve assured. You only smirked and rose your hand to your face in a defensive position. Natasha, Tony, Hawkeye(who had come a while ago), Bruce, Wanda, Sam, Thor and Loki stood around the mat, a meter away. Tony held a whistle and walked a little closer. "Ready?" Tony said and looked at the both of you. Steve and you nodded, not taking your eyes off each other. Tony breathed in and put the whsitle to his lips. A loud whistle echoed in the room and the sparr has begun. You walked, slowly towards Steve, keeping your guard up, as he did the same.

"This is the first time you see her fight, am I right Loki?" Thor whispered to his brother as they both watch you. "I believe so." Loki answered with a nod, keeping his eyes on you. "She is exceptional." Thor explained, smiling. "It is as if she dances," Thor trailed off, "With all the violence and grace in her every move." Thor finished. Loki scoffed as he heard violence. "That rather sounds like scary dance to me." Loki answered making Thor laugh.

Moving close to Steve, you jabbed hitting his arm. Jabbed again, a little closer to his face, making his hand move closer as well. His upper body was definitely covered well, but his legs were wide open. This made you smile. After taking your hand back from the jab, you readied your leg and kicked the back of his knees. Your smiled widened when you saw him loose his balance, resulting to loosing his defense as well, with this, you swung your hand for a hook along with your body, targeting the side of his face. Steve however, saw through this and recovered fast. Before your hand could hit, he raised his hand and was able to block the hook. Steve immediately took this as a chance and and punched you slightly down on your ribcage. You inhaled sharply and skipped back, away from him. His punch didn't cause damage, but Steve made sure it made you feel pain.

There was whispers of "ooh.." from the others when the punch landed on you and Loki did wince to this too. But he was impressed that you kept your stand.

Steve was the one who slowly walked towards you this time, but before he could land a punch you raised your foot, and turned, kicking him in the arm, that was protecting his face. This made him slide slightly to the side from the impact. You immediately threw jabs and straights at him as he tried to cover your punches. Steve also threw puches and kicks, some you successfully dodged, others landed painfully on your thigh, waist and arm. You looked down his knee again, but Steve noticed this, so as you went for a kick, he was able to dodge it. Upon failing to land a kick, you looked at Steve, shocked. This made Steve laugh and wiggle his finger slightly and 'tsked', as he lowered his guard for a split second.

That split second was all you need. You swung your hand for straight and you successfully landed a punch on his nose, making Steve's head bob backwards from the impact and with this, you hooked your foot to his knees and brought it down harsh, causing him to fall.

Now, you were sitting on Steve's stomach, one arm on his neck to keep him down and the other ready to land a punch on his face. Steve and you both looked at each other, staying in that position, as you both took short heavy breaths from fatigue.

Another blow of whistle echoed. The fight was over.

Steve smiled and you finally lowered you guard, dropping your hands to you side and looking up, taking a breath. "That was a dirty trick." Steve said as he put his hands on your hips to help you get off him.

Loki saw this gesture and immediately felt a tug  of jealousy. He glared at Steve's hands that were on your hips then at Steve, cursing him in his mind. Thor noticed this and a sly smile grew in his lips. He loved looking at his brother like this.

You chuckled as you slid your leg off of him and you both sat there. "No rules were made Steve." You reminded him. Steve figured out that your second kick was a trick, you made it seem as if you were shocked that your kick did not land on his knees, causing him to lower his guard.
"That was good fight!" Wanda exclaimed as they started to clap. "You finally won over Cap." Hawkeye congratualed, very proud of your achievement, which you accepted gracefully. "That was marvelous!" Thor boomed giving you the loudest clap. You winced at his volume but laughed nonetheless and thanked him. Bruce and Natasha also praised you, saying almost the same thing as everybody else. "Finally, you won." Tony said with a mock relief. You glared at him and he looked at you with a raised eyebrow, after a while, you both smiled and shared a little laugh, with this, you also thanked your father-like model. You stood up and thanked them all, before facing Steve. He was still sitting on the mat, taking a breath, smiling at their congratulations and praises to you.
You lend him a hand, and before looking at you and smiling, he took it and stood up. "Good job." He said and patted your shoulder. "Damn Cap! you weak." Natasha teased as Steve walked out of the mat. Steve only chuckled and waves his hands as he walked away, probably going to take a shower.

You looked at Loki and he seemed more relaxed, now that Cap had left. He gave you a nod and raised his eyebrows, as he tapped his temples, signaling you to read his thoughts, so you did. "You were exceptional there, I must say, this proves that you may be able to fight me fair and square." You heard him thought. You rolled your eyes and raised an eyebrow at Loki. Loki only smiled at your gesture.
You started to walk out of the mat as well as you saw Natasha and Clint go in for their spar. You waved and told them that you will go for a shower and as you walked towards Loki, you jabbed him lightly and whispered, "That's why you better behave, because I can beat you up." You jokingly threatened, answering his thoughts that you have read. "Ooh, I'm scared." Loki said sarcastically. You laughed at this and looked at him, you both were smiling at each other. With nothing else to say, you looked away and started to walk towards the elevator. Everyone had their attention at Natasha and Clint at that moment, except Wanda and Tony. After they both witnessed that small conversation you had with Loki, Tony looked at Wanda and raised his shoulders slighlty, gesturing "I told you so," proving Tony's words to Wanda about You liking Loki. Wanda looked at Tony then at you as you left and then at Loki and then at Tony again.

It was true. Wanda saw it too. You like Loki. This only made Wanda sigh and shake her head slightly. She couldn't do anything. She looked at Loki and glared at him. Loki felt this glare and looked at Wanda with confusion. He then remembered her words about you leaving him, and now that he knew you won't, he felt a little irritated that Wanda even thought of saying that, so Loki glared back at her. Now, they were both glaring at each other, Wanda because she does not trust Loki to keep you safe, and Loki, pissed with Wanda's words about leaving him.