Chapter Twenty Three

You woke up, a cold morning breeze on your skin. You squinted your eyes and slowly sat properly. You felt a cloth drop from your shoulder and realized it was a jacket that was draped over you as a blanket.
Slowly realizing that you have slept in the bench, you looked around with sleepy eyes. You found Tony sitting beside you, looking forward, at the sun rising. You blinked a couple of times, adjusting your sleepy eyes. "Good morning..." You greeted Tony with a chuckle. He chuckled as well, keeping his eyes on the sunrise.
"Thank you for the jacket." You hummed, giving him a sweet smile.
"You're welcome." He answered. "But that is Steve's, he left if when we spoke quite some time ago." He explained. "Then I'll thank him later too." You said and pulled the jacket back to your shoulders, snuggling into its warmth, Tony nodded, a comforting silence started to grow between the both of you.
"So I've heard, the kiss wasn't real." Tony said, meaning the 7 minute incident they saw about you and Steve. You laughed. "Well, it's about time." You said and rolled your eyes. Tony also laughed at your response.

"And Loki?" Tony asked, making you stiffen. You chuckled awkwardly, averting your gaze from Tony and sitting straight. "What about him?" You asked, your voice trembling a little from nervousness. "You like him, don't you?" Tony asked, and leaned forwards, resting his elbows on his knees. "What?!" You said, scoffing "No...." You whispered.
Tony looked at you in disbelief, then he just chuckled, in defeat. "You don't even try to hide it..." Tony said. "You like him." Tony said, not asked, he was certain. He looked straight into your eyes and you looked back. After a while, you sighed and looked down. "Steve knew it the moment he saw me with Loki, and I heard you tell Wanda about me liking him..." You started a broken smile on your face. "Yet, the guy, or I guess god who I fell inlove still doesn't realize it." You said, chuckling lightly. "I don't even think that's a bad thing." You said. Tony looked at you, confused. "Why?" he asked, a lot more concerned. You looked at him and smiled again. You were really thankful about having Tony as a father-model, and be able to feel that concern and worry you missed from your parents.
You looked away again and took a sharp breath, smiling. "I'm just an entertainment for him, that's it." You said, a smile on your face, masking the pain. Tony definitely felt his anger to Loki now. He hurt Y/N and Tony does not like that. "Don't even think of doing anything." You warned Tony and laughed. Tony looked at you and furrowed his eyebrows. "It was me who fell for him, when I was supposed to only evaluate him." You convinced. Tony remained looking at you in disbelief. You only smiled at him. Again, Tony rolled his eyes and sighed in defeat. "Fine!" Tony said, widening his eyes. "But if you continue to sulk because of him, I'm sending him away." Tony said. You only smiled and nodded.
Tony then patted your back. "Cheer up kid, we still have a mission." He tried to comfort you. You smiled at this and nodded. He was right. With that, he stood up and excused himself. You said goodbye and he finally entered the tower again.

You looked back, seeing Tony walking back to the Tower, at the same time, you saw Thor standing right behind you, his face shocked and hurt. You only smiled and looked forward again. "You heard..." You said, meaning what you told Tony about how Loki sees you. Thor sat down beside you and and said, "I assure you, Loki does not mean that." Thor defended. You only chuckled. "You don't have to Thor." You said and smiled at him. Before Thor could talk again, you stood up, putting the jacket on properly and stretching you arms. You breathed out and smiled. "Let's go in, I've been outside good enough. You said, chuckling, knowing that you have slept here. Thor looked at you and sighed in defeat. He smiled again and nodded as he too stood up. You both entered the tower and went straight to the kitchen. Their you saw Wanda, Natasha and Bruce sitting in the table, and Loki at the balcony.

"Good morning!" You greeted, waving at everyone. Everyone greeted back, smiling back. You looked at Loki and smiled, giving him a nod. Loki smiled back and nodded too. You went towards the counter and started the coffee maker again. "Heyyyyyy, is that my missing jacket?" You heard Steve's voice ask, as he entered the kitchen. You looked at him and then smiled. "Yeah, Tony gave it to me outside a while ago, said you left it with him. Thank you by the way." You hummed.

Loki again furrowed his eyebrows. "Steve's jacket?" Loki thought.

"Ooh, just after last night, this is what we see, hmm..." Natasha commented, catching everyone's attention, as they all smile at you and Steve. You looked at Steve and Steve looked at you. You both laughed at their comment and just continued doing coffee. "It's like I'm watching a high-school romcom, but between a 100 year old soldier and—" before Natasha could finish, Steve complained, "If you say it like that, it sounds very wrong, so just stop their." He said, making everyone, including you laugh out loud. Except Loki, who seemed like in this said High-school romcom is the loosing rival right about now.

"So serioulsy, is there something between the both of you?" Wanda asked, "Yeah, the chemistry between the both of you is immaculate." Natasha gushed as she did a chef kiss.
Steve looked at you, who only shook your head, smiling in disbelief. Steve then looked at Loki who looked very pissed. Steve raised an eyebrow, so "when exactly will you tell her how you feel?" Steve thought, looking at Loki. "How much push do you really need?" Steve stressed in his thoughts, getting annoyed about Loki's pride, instead of just confessing to you.
Steve looked back at you then pushed you with his hips slightly. "Well...." He hummed in a flirty tone. This made you look at Steve in confusion, everyone gasped at what Steve had said along with his gesture.
Loki on the other hand, clenched his fist into a ball, feeling enraged. He was starting to doubt about what you said to him last night, he thinks that there might have been something that had actually happened between you and Steve, and he doesn't like it.

Before he could actually attack Steve and start a fight, he started to stomp off the kitchen. He heard you talk, but he was too far from the kitchen to understand what you said.

"Don't start Steve." You warned, giving him a threatening smile. Steve chuckled at your words and raised his hands as if surrendering. He laughed then looked at the others. "Yeah, we were kidding, nothing happened." He finally cleared up. "The kiss wasn't even real, but hey, we tricked everyone, that's one hell of a success." Steve said, pushing you slightly again, this time, making you laugh and agree with him. Wanda, Natasha and Bruce looked shock for a while, then shrugged, sighing, their suspicions more clear. "I guess IT IS Loki huh?" Wanda said and looked at you.

You all faced them then chuckled. "Funny you guys know too, but he doesn't." You said, a sad smile on your face. They looked at you sympathetically but before they could say anything, you spoke first. "I'll go get ready, we'll be leaving for the abandoned facility in minutes." You said sliding Steve's mug to him, and left, hearing them say their good lucks to you.

"Don't think about that for now," You murmured to yourself, as you shook your thought off of Loki. "Mission comes first...." you said as you entered the elevator.