Chapter Five

"Hey, Y/N!" You heard Stark say as you walk towards them. You waved back as a response, stopping in place just infront of them. "Welcome back." You greeted. They all said their thank you before bombarding you with questions about Loki.

"So how was today?" Thor asked eagerly, You took a deep breath and shook your head. "Nope." You said, and with that, they got the idea that Loki was not to be trusted. Thor, seemed to be disappointed with what he discovered but you rolled your eyes at their groans and their whispers of 'I knew it'

"Come on, it's only been a day." You said. "I don't really expect him to change immediately, and besides I did mock quite a lot." You said, smiling at the memory of Loki's mad expression. How charming, you thought, both sarcastically and well, unknown emotion. "You cannot expect us to expose you to such danger for a long time Y/N." Stark said and everyone nodded in agreement, this gave you a small pull of irritation. "Why do you keep treating me like baby? I too am an Avenger, yet here I am babysitting a god because I cannot be exposed to too much danger." You said, quoting your last words, as your eyebrows furrowed. "What your doing is dangerous enough," Stark started as he walked towards you. "Being alone with a god that cause so much death? You find that not dangerous?" Stark asked, raising eyebrow. Your eyes went wide in disbelief, eyebrows still furrowed. "He has limiters!" You said, almost shouting. "As far as I can remember Cap said that the limiters  has blocked Loki's powers to the point of it being harmless, plus! Plus the chains!" You pointed out. "Yet you, you still suggest that when the time comes, we take off the CHAINS, and give him a pinch of freedom." Stark aswered, widening his eyes.

Your head tilted in response as a smile start to grow in your lips. "What?" he asked, confused to your sudden change of mood. "When?" You asked, as your smile slowly widen. "What?!" Stark answered again, looking more confused. "You said, WHEN the time comes....we take off the chains." You repeated. Stark looked at you and his eyes widened. "No! That is not what I meant!" Stark said, denying whatever you had thought. "No, no, I think I get it, you know I'll be able to gain his trust, thus your notion of WHEN, not IF." You said, making it a little more clearer for them of what you had understood in what Stark had said. You pointed at him and gave him a wink, and said with confidence, "I will not let you down." Leaving all of them standing their in disbelief.

Tony took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. "She is as good as Loki in playing with words, and I don't think I like that." He said, looking back to the others who had only chuckled and gave Stark a pat on the shoulder as a response. "You can't deny though, you trust her enough to actually let her go through this." Captain said jabbing Tony's arm lighlty, "Whonallowed her to do this mission? Hmm?" Tony answered eyeing the Captain,to which Steve shrugged to, laughing, before leaving Tony standing their in defeat to your stubbornness.

You on the other hand was on the way to you room to device another plan, if you can call it that, to be able to see an improvement with Loki. You still smile at Tony's words, with those, you knew he trusted you and your ability to actually finish this said mission with a success.

Tony, to you is like this very cool, funny, annoying, overprotective (as you have noticed about the missions) father. No, he is not your biological father, you were just the youngest among the Avengers and he had took this as a duty to keep you safe and be fatherly, You guess....

As you reach your room, you sat down on your bed, and suddenly your thought about the emotion you had found in Loki. That sadness you felt was beyond normal, that was the root of all the other stemming emotions you have felt inside of him, it was......wrong.

Knock, knock

You were back to reality when you heard a knock. "Come in." You said as you sat down properly. The door opened and you see Thor's head poking in your room. You smiled at his sight as he smiled back. "Good evening Y/N." He greeted. "Good evening Thor." You answered as he walk in your room. "Thank you for giving my brother a chance." He said as he sat down on your bed, beside you. You looked at him and shrugged, "It's nothing, I meant what I said that night." You said, reminding him of the night that got you into this mess in the first place. "There might have been something you learned about him, am I right?" Thor suddenly asked. "It may be a fail, but I'm sure you learned something." You looked at him and laughed a little, and slowly your smile faded. "Yeah, there is more to Loki, Thor," You started as you look straight ahead and scoffed, a small smile almost barely, on you lips. "and I felt something." You said and looked at Thor again. "Something no man or a god should feel, he's in pain, unbearable, unexplainable pain." You said, your heart sinking as you shook your head slowly. Thor only looked back at you. "Whatever you have with your brother, call it love, or hate, denial or whatever you must, just keep it with him, deep down, I know Loki knows you are his brother, and he is yours" You said as you cupped Thor's cheek, giving him a smile. "Though I am basing on your stories of your childhood with Loki that sounded both very cute and creepy at the same time." You said, lightening up the mood as you take your hand back.

Thor's laughter boomed, making your room shake because of it. "You are the only one who had found my stories of Loki interesting, I quite like that about you Y/N." You rolled your eyes and jabbed his arm. "Get out." You responded, rolling your eyes, making him laugh a little longer. "I must say I am very thankful that I am given a friend like you." He said between laughters. "You should be." You answered, waiting for him to finish laughing. "Well then Lady Y/N, I must bid you good night, as I am to report to All Father in Asgard." Thor said as he calmed down. You nodded and waved him goodbye as he left your room.

This day was definitely eventful to you.